MoDaCo Recommends... Best Tablet under £200 - Nominations needed

Guest Mark Dearlove

Guest Mark Dearlove

This time round on 'MoDaCo Recommends...' we are taking the hardware route as we ask for your nominations for the best tablet under £200. This is becoming an ever more popular category for those not willing to part Transformer Prime or iPad sums of money on a tablet. Have you got a tablet you can recommend to those readers undecided on which tablet to go for?

Make your nominations in the comments - you have until Sunday evening to give us your suggestions, with the voting starting at 9am on Monday.

Please only give a single nomination, along with any reasons for using your chosen tablet.

Get nominating!

This item was promoted to the News page - click here to view.

Guest dr_nick

I'll second advent Vega, especially with new VegaICS beta1 rom. NOT great out of the box, but a definite contender once updated (easy to do), and LOTS of developer support online...

:)

Ainol Novo7 Aurora (7 inch ICS 4.0.3 IPS screen with 1024X600 resolution OTG port and HDMI out )<br style=color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.0273438); "><br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.0273438); ">Gemei G9 ([very thin and has a metallic back panel] 9.7 inch ICS 4.0.3 IPS screen with1024X768 resolution 2xOTG ports and HDMI out ) <br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.0273438); "><br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.0273438); ">Ainol Novo7 ELF (7 inch ICS 4.0.3 Normal screen with 1024X600 resolution OTG port and HDMI out ) <br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.0273438); "><br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.0273438); ">

Teclast A15 (9 inch ICS 4.0.3 Normal screen with 1280X800 resolution OTG port and HDMI out )

Guest djgabi

Advent Vega - Tegra2, decent screen, ICS WIP, 3.2 stable.

the chinese tabs are coming up, the Ainol tablets mentioned above have great price/performance ratio.

tilal6991 never believe chines boxes :)

it has 1 core for the CPU and one for the GPU in one chip. but its the same as a single core.

I have the first Advance and the ELF and they are grate toys and very cheap.

Guest kaizoku_san

cool. i am just getting into the idea of getting a tablet. looking for a 3g one with support from the android community.

i'll be following this thread :):)

Guest tilal6991

tilal6991 never believe chines boxes :)

it has 1 core for the CPU and one for the GPU in one chip. but its the same as a single core.

I have the first Advance and the ELF and they are grate toys and very cheap.

cool. Thanks for the info. I did think when I used it that it seemed slower than other dual core devices which I've used.

Guest everett_psycho

I'd 4th the vega if it was still widely available, mine got bust and I've struggled getting a new replacement. It's a shame the scroll extreme hasnt made it to market yet as I think this could be a contender for this crown following the excels triumph on the gadget shows budget tests

Guest achim w.

HTC Flyer (I bought it for 229 € - which should classify for the below 200 GPD limit).

Pro

1 GHz CPU

1 GB RAM

Nice and luminous 7" screen with a solution of 1024 X 600

light weight (420g)

solid body

Con

Not really rootable :-(

ICS not to be seen yet

Conclusion

I really got to like this tablet and use it for almost everything now (at least for those things a tablet is intended for :-) - this is

Reading, watching movies, doing my email, facebook, google+, twitter ...

Guest achim w.

Oh - and I forgot: I tested almost every tablet below 200 €. This included Lenovo A1 7" Ideapad, Archos G9 7" and some no name products. All of them had something to it which I couldn't get around to really like them.

Guest Jonas.suchanek

I just bought the NATPC M009S, although i didn't try the other budget tablets mentioned, i think this one is a real contender.

CPU : A10 1.2 GHz<br style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small; ">Graphics Processor : Mali 400 MHz<br style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small; ">Touchscreen : 5 point multi touch capacitive resolution 800 x 480<br style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small; ">Operating System : Android 2.3.4<br style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small; ">Memory : 512mb DDR II / 8gb NAND Flash - upgradeable by Micro SD memory card (max 16GB)<br style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small; ">WiFi : 802.11 b/g/n<br style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small; ">Connectivity : 1 x Micro SD slot, 1 x AC Jack, 1 x 3.5mm Earphone Jack, 1 x Mini USB, 1 x HDMI out

So far i am very happy with it...however could really use a custom rom to absolutely perfect it, as i know what a huge difference that can make.

Running my ZTE Skate with the CyanogenMod 7 and loving it! :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.