Is your device likely to get CM9 support?

Guest Mark Dearlove

Guest Mark Dearlove

The question that seems to pop up a lot these days amongst the Android community is "Can I get Ice Cream Sandwich on my device?". Manufacturers are gradually releasing their support plans and they are leaving a lot of unhappy owners behind. One alternative that those unlucky folks have is to look at CyanogenMod 9, the latest iteration of the ever popular ROM.

The team at CyanogenMod have released a flowchart to enable interested parties to figure out the likelihood of your device being supported in CM9.

Basically if your device has 512MB of memory, is currently supported by CM7, and has a planned ICS release by the manufacturer, you have a 75% chance of getting some CM9 loveliness.

The chances go down exponentially if you can't answer yes to each of the questions above.

Posted Image

Click the image for a larger view

This item was promoted to the News page - click here to view.

Guest AlphaVision

HM...so ZTE Blade, which does not have an official ICS release will not get CM9 althought there already are CM9 custom roms and they are like 70-80% complete - only a few bugs left to sort out...Let's hope CM will take that and just finish it

Guest ..Abel..

ya thats true man ! zte blades cm9 or aokp ics roms are almost perfect apart from camera and youtube etc ! i JUST hOPe There is OFFICIALCM9!! :)

Guest syst3m68

I really hope they roll out cm9 like they rolled out cm7, but even if not, few devices have almost fully working cm9 builds, ZTE Skate for example, the only thing missing is camera preview and LWP. But i hope this can be picked up by CM. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.