Suggested Blade replacement

Guest jimwormold

Guest jimwormold

Hi all

I've had my blade for about a year and absolutely loved it because of the community, and how phenomenally easy it was to root and stick custom roms on - oh and because of it's amazingly low price!

However I think it's time for an upgrade/replacement - ideally something that will be a little more future proof ie dual core and a better camera. Is there anything in the same vein as the zte blade/orange san francisco which stands head and shoulders above its competition as the blade did this time last year that I can easily stick CM9 onto? Is there a model which the hacking/modding community are in love with at the moment?

I'd be very interested in hearing everyone's opinions....

Thanks,

Jim

Guest JudasLucifer

Personally, I'd wait a bit more, all the current dual core phones are "getting old" (look at the S2) Hopefully when the quadcores are released it might encourage qualcomm or other chipset manufactures to make a btter duel core chip :P

Guest Davidoff59

Also MWC was on not so long ago and some good spec phones were announced. I would hold off and get the latest models rather than go for an older phone

Guest blackedorange

Hi all

I've had my blade for about a year and absolutely loved it because of the community, and how phenomenally easy it was to root and stick custom roms on - oh and because of it's amazingly low price!

However I think it's time for an upgrade/replacement - ideally something that will be a little more future proof ie dual core and a better camera. Is there anything in the same vein as the zte blade/orange san francisco which stands head and shoulders above its competition as the blade did this time last year that I can easily stick CM9 onto? Is there a model which the hacking/modding community are in love with at the moment?

I'd be very interested in hearing everyone's opinions....

Thanks,

Jim

try ZTE Blade II is a 3.5-inch TFT capacitive touchscreen display smartphone which is powered by a single core 1GHz Qualcomm MSM7227A processor and run on the Android v2.3 OS. The handset is also equipped with a 5MP rear camera with flash and a front VGA camera for video calling.

Guest jimwormold

Thanks for all the replies so far. I don't think the single core 1GHz SFII is quite pokey enough (and also appears to be unsupported by the cyanogenmod team). It looks like I'm best off waiting for a bit. Were there any announcements at the MWC that caused a real stir in the budget range?

Thanks,

Jim

Edited by jimwormold

Guest oxyg3n89

i just looked to skate acqua specs at gsmarena ( http://www.gsmarena...._acqua-4583.php ) and everything seems nice on the paper, except WHY did they put old adreno 200 gpu ? it is the lowest class Adreno manufactured these days. ICS does deserve better GPU!

Post from developers forum: "Adreno 205 has 4 pipelines and TMUs instead of one, and much improved shader efficiency. I could not verify this information however, and remain very sceptical about the number of pipelines.

What i can say however is that my Desire HD (1Ghz with Adreno205) is MUCH faster than the Adreno200 Desire in the GPU departament, and matches the performance of the PowerVR thats in the Galaxy S."

Heyy but lets hope they gonna offer skate acqua for the price similar to previous Skate:):)

Edited by oxyg3n89

• 1 year later...
Guest KenBW2

I went for the Huawei G510 in the end. Fingers crossed that CM dev will happen!

Likewise on the Huawei G510. It's night and day compared with the Blade, and the 512MB RAM isn't a problem coming from the Blade. Seems to be a good community gathering too, so once Huawei send bootloader unlocks to us all (I've got mine :P) we should be rolling.

If you were to upgrade now, it's gonna be the G510. Or like people say you could wait and see what else comes out, maybe woith a bit more RAM