Is there anyway to save my OMC/ZTE Skate!?

Guest tommedvedev97

Guest tommedvedev97

Hi,

I used TPT helper to get into clockwork recovery, once there I couldn't apply the update.zip file. When trying to reboot, my phone automatically boots into Recovery, (although after fiddling around with some settings I did manage to get It not to boot Into recovery, but even then it was just stuck on ZTE logo, which is strange anyway because its usually says Orange) anyway after doing this I though I would try and install a custom ROM just to see if it would work, I tried it with a few custom and a stock ROM as well (I did this by mounting USB storage and moving it across) but there was always an error like cannot find file or something. My overall aim now is to just go back to the stock ROM and use that.Thanks for reading, any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

p.s. when I go onto mount and storage I can mount everything but sd-ext, I don't know if this is part of the problem....

also It was unlocked, not sure if it is now after doing all those wipes.

Edited by tommedvedev97

Guest razzmataz1478

Hi,

I used TPT helper to get into clockwork recovery, once there I couldn't apply the update.zip file. When trying to reboot, my phone automatically boots into Recovery, (although after fiddling around with some settings I did manage to get It not to boot Into recovery, but even then it was just stuck on ZTE logo, which is strange anyway because its usually says Orange) anyway after doing this I though I would try and install a custom ROM just to see if it would work, I tried it with a few custom and a stock ROM as well (I did this by mounting USB storage and moving it across) but there was always an error like cannot find file or something. My overall aim now is to just go back to the stock ROM and use that.Thanks for reading, any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

p.s. when I go onto mount and storage I can mount everything but sd-ext, I don't know if this is part of the problem....

also It was unlocked, not sure if it is now after doing all those wipes.

Mount USB storage and download the stock orange tpt I'll find the link in a minute

Guest scotchmizzed

I had this happen too and here's what i did. connected phone to pc with usb and then whilst in recovery i clicked "mount usb" and then downloaded another rom and placed that on phones sd card.

I then wiped/factory reset, wiped cache and wiped dalvik cache and then installed zip from sd card and after 1 reboot,,hey presto phone working!!!

Hope this helps..

Guest tommedvedev97

I had this happen too and here's what i did. connected phone to pc with usb and then whilst in recovery i clicked "mount usb" and then downloaded another rom and placed that on phones sd card.

I then wiped/factory reset, wiped cache and wiped dalvik cache and then installed zip from sd card and after 1 reboot,,hey presto phone working!!!

Hope this helps..

Thanks for the help, do you have a link for the ROM you installed?

Guest scotchmizzed

I used ice armour on main page but any rom would do..

Edit: Don't know why it double posted, can anyone delete this or show me how to?

Edited by scotchmizzed

Guest tommedvedev97

Scroll down the first post and it says

Back to Stock

And then underneath stock orange tpt

I've downloaded, extracted what do I do with the .bin file?

Guest razzmataz1478

I've downloaded, extracted what do I do with the .bin file?

On your SD card create a folder called image and put it in there. Have you checked md5? Says something about it on that thread because if the md5 doesn't match you're phone will literally be a brick.

Edit: Open the nandroid.md5 in notepad and paste it into this website it will decrypt it for you.

http://www.md5decrypter.co.uk/

Edited by razzmataz1478

Guest tommedvedev97

On your SD card create a folder called image and put it in there. Have you checked md5? Says something about it on that thread because if the md5 doesn't match you're phone will literally be a brick.

Edit: Open the nandroid.md5 in notepad and paste it into this website it will decrypt it for you.

http://www.md5decrypter.co.uk/

firstly there is already a folder called image with that nandroid.md5 thing in it, decryption not found when I used that site?

Guest razzmataz1478

firstly there is already a folder called image with that nandroid.md5 thing in it, decryption not found when I used that site?

Yeah just put that image folder on the SD card don't create another image folder and not sure about md5 now...

Guest tommedvedev97

Yeah just put that image folder on the SD card don't create another image folder and not sure about md5 now...

so what you want me to do is replace the contents of the image folder already there with that new .bin file, correct?

also, I tried the nandroid file in the clockworkmod folder, came up with errors as well..

Edited by tommedvedev97

Guest razzmataz1478

so what you want me to do is replace the contents of the image folder already there with that new .bin file, correct?

also, I tried the nandroid file in the clockworkmod folder, came up with errors as well..

Right, delete any image folder that is already on your SD card already. Place the new image folder onto your SD card take your battery out put it back in then power up holding power volume up and menu

Guest tommedvedev97

Right, delete any image folder that is already on your SD card already. Place the new image folder onto your SD card take your battery out put it back in then power up holding power volume up and menu

and next?

I've got a feeling this isn't going to work, you do know I can't get out of recovery?

Edited by tommedvedev97

Guest razzmataz1478

and next?

I've got a feeling this isn't going to work, you do know I can't get out of recovery?

Next you'll have the shiny orange stock rom that your phone came with. :D

Guest tommedvedev97

Next you'll have the shiny orange stock rom that your phone came with. :D

how, no I don't...

I just booted back into recovery.....

Edited by tommedvedev97

Guest razzmataz1478

how, no I don't...

Have you flashed it?

The stock orange tpt contains an image.mbn which itself consists of the orange system.img and boot.img etc and flashes stock layout ... it does not come with clockworkmod or root

Edit: If you have flashed it and don't have the rom :s follow the fast boot tutorial on rooting for beginners tutorial. I'm packing in for the night so I'll catch up with you on the morning

Edited by razzmataz1478

Guest tommedvedev97

how, no I don't...

I just booted back into recovery.....

Are there any completely different ways around this, can you re-read the description to make sure you fully understand my situation.

Guest tommedvedev97

Have you flashed it?

The stock orange tpt contains an image.mbn which itself consists of the orange system.img and boot.img etc and flashes stock layout ... it does not come with clockworkmod or root

Edit: If you have flashed it and don't have the rom :s follow the fast boot tutorial on rooting for beginners tutorial. I'm packing in for the night so I'll catch up with you on the morning

I don't know what flashing is....

All I have is .bin file in the image folder.

Thanks for your help so far, I will be back at it around 4/5 o'clock tomorrow...

Guest razzmataz1478

Are there any completely different ways around this, can you re-read the description to make sure you fully understand my situation.

Right, I read that you wanted to go back to stock, so I gave you the stock orange tpt. You attempted to flash it, but just went straight back into recovery? No weird blue text on the screen before? recovery or anything.

And don't worry about the unlock, it's permanent.

Make sure the nandroid.md5 is in the image folder with the mbn...

Edited by razzmataz1478

Guest tommedvedev97

Right, I read that you wanted to go back to stock, so I gave you the stock orange tpt. You attempted to flash it, but just went straight back into recovery? No weird blue text on the screen before? recovery or anything.

And don't worry about the unlock, it's permanent.

Make sure the nandroid.md5 is in the image folder with the mbn...

no nothing like that, its just sitting in its folder..

I think you need to go into more detail with nandroid.md5 stuff, I don't really understand.

I don't know if I attempted to flash it because I don't know what it involves.

Edited by tommedvedev97