HTCSense.com backup service shutting down - download your data now!

Guest Mark Dearlove

Guest Mark Dearlove

Out of the blue, HTC have announced that they are closing down their cloud backup service at HTCSense.com. In a move that will annoy some users, they are advising users to download their data before the end of April and find an alternative from Google Play. After 30th April all user data will be deleted. The service allowed HTC device users to backup their Contacts, SMS and call logs to the cloud, along with providing a 'Find my device' service.

From their announcement it sounds like they are going to replace the current service with something new in the coming months:

HTC said:

HTCSense.com is undergoing a renovation to improve the services and value we deliver to customers like you. Until the new services are ready, features previously available on HTCSense.com will be shutting down.

It is likely that their replacement service will be based on technology from Dashwire, the Seattle based mobile application company they acquired last year:

Fred Liu from HTC said:

"Cloud services are key to delivering the promise of connected services to our customers. People want access to all of their important content wherever they are on any device. The addition of Dashwire's cutting-edge sync services and deep mobile cloud experience strengthens our ability to deliver these services in a more powerful way."

Alternatives are out there on Google Play, but not many provide all the functionality in a single app. Let us know what your recommendation is for a replacement app.

Source: HTC

This item was promoted to the News page - click here to view.

Guest AshtonBRSC
"Cloud services are key to delivering the promise of connected services to our customers," said Fred Liu

Yes, delivering the promise of losing your data at just over a month's notice. Well done HTC.

I never used it anyway since I knew I was likely to not always use HTC phones.

Guest eLJay

Bad bad HTC and your Customer expectations support. Now go stand in the corner.

Really they should keep the service going and hook the new service into their customers old data and close the old service off with messages how to access it on the new service. Happy customers means repeat business.

Guest eLJay

Bad bad HTC and your Customer expectations support. Now go stand in the corner.

Really they should keep the service going and hook the new service into their customers old data and close the old service off with messages how to access it on the new service. Happy customers means repeat business.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.