Have i soft bricked my San Fran II trying to go back to stock?

Guest domenico lamberti

Guest domenico lamberti

hey guys, i was just wondering how is returning to stock done, i was running Flibs de-branded gingerbread ROM and i was TPT'd to a bigger size, i didnt know what to do,so i downloaded the stock osf II ROM,, went into clockwork mod,backed up,wipe data,cache and dalvik,and attempted to install it, all went fine except when i went to reboot it couldnt boot into the rom and i no longer have clockwork mod recovery i have the "Android system recovery <3e>" and the only options in that are reboot,install update.zip, wipe data,wipe cache, i really dont know what to do,could any of you help, i know it sounds so noobish and i hate it because this never happened to me with my old blade or skate :(

Edited by domenico lamberti

Guest domenico lamberti

come on guys, has no one got any idea? this is my daily driver and seeing as im a student i dont have cash to buy another phone,am i screwed?

Guest JohnnyZTE

Cant you just boot into FTM mode and run Cloackwork Recovery again. reformat the SD card and drop the update.zip on it Fish'n'Chips preferably and run the install from SD card option. it should work.

Guest domenico lamberti

i can boot into FTM but

1. i dont know how to "run clockwork recovery" again as mine was installed when i unlocked the phone
  2. i dont know how to reformat the SD card
  3. and where on the ZTE site is the download tool? could you possibly link to it ?

Guest Titas

Here's another option: if you have somehow lost Clockwork Recovery you can get it back with this http://android.modac...lash-recovery/. You'll obviously need to get the TPT "image" onto the SD card somehow - maybe a card reader or via another "borrowed" phone? You can then use Clockwork to reformat the SD Card. Then put your chosen ROM ( I'd go for FnC) on the SD & flash via Clockwork & with any luck you'll be sorted.

Edited by Titas

Guest domenico lamberti

Here's another option: if you have somehow lost Clockwork Recovery you can get it back with this http://android.modac...lash-recovery/. You'll obviously need to get the TPT "image" onto the SD card somehow - maybe a card reader or via another "borrowed" phone? You can then use Clockwork to reformat the SD Card. Then put your chosen ROM ( I'd go for FnC) on the SD & flash via Clockwork & with any luck you'll be sorted.

i do not understand, i have a semi functioning blade, i can get into clockwork on that, so i would plug the blade in ,transfer the TPT over to that, put the SD back in the crescent, do the tpt,and when the tpt is over format the sd ?

Guest domenico lamberti

thank you very much for everything you guys, really helped me out, this is one of the only communities for the SF II and i wouldnt know what to do nextt honestly, so thank you all