Looking for the latest unmodified ROM

Guest Bloody Rose

Guest Bloody Rose

Hi. I've bought my phone in Russia. It's a Samsung Omnia i900 (also known as WiTu in that area).

I'm looking for the latest unmodified ROM based on Windows Mobile 6.5 that supports the Russian language. I don't need any custom themes or additional utilities. The best thing would be to have my phone feel exactly like Samsung Omnia II i8000. Only the OS and the original software including what Samsung has to offer.

The current version of my firmware is i900PUIE2. I've heard it's the latest officially released for Russia.

Where do I look for the files I'm searching for?

Edited by Bloody Rose

Guest ARPcPro

Hi. I've bought my phone in Russia. It's a Samsung Omnia i900 (also known as WiTu in that area).

I'm looking for the latest unmodified ROM based on Windows Mobile 6.5 that supports the Russian language. I don't need any custom themes or additional utilities. The best thing would be to have my phone feel exactly like Samsung Omnia II i8000. Only the OS and the original software including what Samsung has to offer.

The current version of my firmware is i900PUIE2. I've heard it's the latest officially released for Russia.

Where do I look for the files I'm searching for?

Hi,

I don't think you will easily get an unmodified version of WM6.5 for Omnia i900 in Russian. There wasn't any official release of wm6.5 on Omnia. So all the roms you will find are modified custom roms that sometimes have messed up things. For example the mouse doesn't work.

All the cookers customize the ROMs their way. There is a WM6.5 ROM not customized but in english ( )It is a ROM similar to an original one, like if Samsung had launched an official WM6.5. Unfortunatelly is not the latest version of WM6.5. In Russian you probably don't have many options. I'm portuguese and unfortunately I need to use an english ROM to have the latest version. So the auto completion when typing is only english.

Edited by ARPcPro