UK Update on spvs in orange stores as of Today!!!

Guest ukdownhill

Guest ukdownhill

I've just been told that Orange SPV's arriving in store today have the new uk software and that the new update really will be available in a couple of weeks to users who have already bought spv's. THIS IS OFFICIAL so not long to wait now guys and girls!! :)

Guest )(nspired ))ead

I just had my phone replaced and it has NOT crashed once yet,,, how can I tell if it hus the updated software,,, anyone know version numbers of update ??

regards.

Guest pibrahim

Three weeks?

If phones in stores have the update, then its clearly completed beta-testing/etc., so how does it take three weeks to upload the software?

Next, where have you even got the figure three weeks from?!

Guest ukdownhill

Yeah guys i'm sorry. I'm just so looking forward to getting this damned update :)

Its just my flat mate works in my local orange store and had a play on the updated spv today. He said it was so much better speed wise so i thought i'd let you guys know. Sorry if you've heard it before :oops:

I've just been told that Orange SPV's arriving in store today have the new uk software and that the new update really will be available in a couple of weeks  :)

You don't know this for sure though, do you ????

You have only been told this !!

We want facts, not rumours.

Where did you get your information from ?

If every week someone on here says the update will be here in the next week or so, then eventually one person will be right wont they ??

So for the time being, you have told us nothing we don't already know !!

I'm anticipating the update will be out tomorrow (makes sense to release it on a Monday).

It won't be much longer, I've been informed by a senior reliable source that it should be out this week.

Presumably the stores receive updated phones very soon before we receive the update, as it's common sense supplying updated phones once the update is available, and if it was in the period of two weeks, people'd just copy updates from other phones.

Guest ukdownhill

Firstly, i told you where i got it from, and no i dont know for sure. But i trust my flatmate and if he says he used an updated spv today i think he probably did. (If you cant trust your flatmates who can you trust :) )

Secondly i'm only one person and i've only said it once???

So if i'm right, well i'm right, not anyone else and if i'm wrong well thats my mistake.

Those are "the facts" and i thought i'd let everyone know. Sorry if i've pissed anyone off it wasnt intentional. I know you probably already know this but hey i "believe" it'll be within the next few weeks.

Oh and by saying the next few weeks I am covering my ass. Hell you all know how long orange are getting updates out!! Even if the new software is out on the new phones.

Guest Roadster
Orange SPV's arriving in store today have the new uk software and that the new update really will be available in a couple of weeks to users who have already bought spv's. THIS IS OFFICIAL  :)

Just a quick point. . . .

If the update was ready for release wouldn't orange have made it available on the update servers before any new phones hit the stores? For 2 reasons:

1. It obviously takes a while to install a load of new phones with new software and ship em out to stores.

2. Releasing the update to current orange users would be quick and immediately bring up any problems (as we're already ofee with the phone).

Just a thought . . .

Roadster - your reply is flawed since if orange have the update itd hit the production line first since you only have to swap over the software going on to the phones at HTC (two second job i imagine probably can even be done remotely) whereas putting on a webpage and writing up proper insturctions to install takes time especially when it all the infomation has to be legally accurate.

Also it would mean the software update will trickle out. This leaves orange the opportunatey to send back phones with the new software to be reflashed in the event of a serious problem and most would thus be recalled from dealers rather than users.

If you release it on the web you instantly hit a mass which could be dangerious if their are problems. Makes sense to trickle out the update and if fine post on web.

Need an example? look at the DK update far too many english users downloaded it without a clue about what they were doing, very dangerious.

DJ Hope

Guest ClintEastman

Why can't Orange just give us a hint of what week/month the update is due out?

Even if they keep changing the date at least we would have something to work on.

I mean, we have had it plugged on almost every tech site on the net, and have produced 90% of the killer apps, it’s the leased they could do for us!

At this rate we will end up by doing all the tech support too (if we don’t already one way or the other).

Come on Orange, Sort it out….. You are starting to look like incompetent tw@ts now!

Easiest way to get the UK Update is to break your phone (make sure your covered first), Orange will send out a replacement (usually within 24hrs) and your replacement phone will have updated software on, then just load your IPSM backup back onto the phone :)

(the above comment is a joke, I do not recommend acquiring the update in this fashion)

(the above comment is for muppets who could not tell I was not serious ;) )

The update, as I've said already, is on track to be out this week. That's about as official as we're going to get.

My Monday estimation may not have been correct, but give it a few days - this is Orange we're talking about.

Guest matt.waterton

Had mine for just under a week......v0.93..... doesn't lock up..... an unlocked easily enough...did it first time...within an hour of getting it!! :)

Guest spacecowboy6982

I asked the saleman in the orange shop yesterday and he asked wot an SPV was lol - if orange cant be arsed to train up their own staff wot the hell are they doing...getting the update ready...i think not !!! My guess - 1 month :)

i think if they put certification on most people will use florins update it will probs be better anyway. just you might have problems updating the phone in the future if you go florins route---will the new update flash over florins update ok>>? :roll: