UK Update on spvs in orange stores as of Today!!!

Guest ukdownhill

Guest ukdownhill

Oh I am happy. New software available on 24th of this month... Thats this monday coming!!!!

Now i can just sit back and be smug 8)

Seems my mate at orange was telling me the "Official" Truth :roll:

or you were just lucky :) ;)

its not like you said the exact day it was coming out

i think you should retract your smugness.

:lol: :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Er.

On Sunday the 16th, you said it'd be out in a "couple of weeks".

Monday the 24th - that's eight days. There's almost a week's difference?

But back to the point... EVERYONE ON UKDOWNHILL

Guest ukdownhill

* Crawling out from underneath the mass of people

Cheers guys, seems i shouldnt have bothered telling you that it had been put phones in orange stores before the update. All i seemed to get was complaints and shouts of prove it?

Take it or leave i just provided the info it may not have been 100% correct but your welcome to ignore it if you dont like what you read.

Nice to see this forums so friendly. I know my last response was childish, sorry.

* Crawling out from underneath the mass of people

[Jumps ukdownhill again]

Looking back over the topic, we weren't being harsh at all, just critical of your final statement :)

Guest Kallisti

Yey, if everyone acts like an idiot, maybe we can discourage everyone from putting up their thoughts and information here. Then we can rely on O and MS's press releases, and maybe what the register has to say about it all. That would REALLY improve the accuracy, wouldn't it?

:) ooooo an idiot harsh words.

only having a joke--not like i called him an idiot or anything :twisted:

didnt mean to upset you in anyway UKdownhill(mountain bikes by any chance?) i think we should have taken spread bets on when the update would come always a thought for next time. :roll:

Guest ukdownhill

Yeah looking back i'm just being a bit of an idiot.

Bets, i think that is probably the best to figure out release dates. Maybee next time we can have a poll! "Whens the update gonna be out poll" Cool.

Oh and yup ukdownhill is into mtb, when he's not messing about with his spv :)

Guest clifhanger_uk

hope its OK to ask a atupid question but....

Who is Florin? and how do I get his version if its gonna be better?

Does this alleged update (out on 24th from the news on the news page) cure the crashing problems?? Mine is crashing 4 or 5 times evry day now?

humble thanks.... ;¬) :oops:

Guest Big Ron - No Longer a Mem

Strange to relate, when the Sony T68i's flash upgrade became available, Orange officially commended that customers should NOT do it. (Good advice - some of the additional features require configuration setings that are lost as soon as you turn off a "flashed" T68, and have to be re-configured every time the phone is switched on.) However, if you return an UNflashed T68 as "faulty" under Orange "Care", what you'll get back is... a flashed and refurbed one. (The newer T68i's config settings tend to randomly evaporate anyway, leaving a phone that can't send SMS without a sim-upgrade from 156... )

cliffhanger

i dont think your phone should be crashing 4 or 5 times a day--you should consider getting a new one from orange. my phone crashes once every week if that and its normally after playing doom or using that app to write texts on my PC.

Florin has made his own update which is meant to be really good but is only recomended for developers at the moment for testing. im sure someone will write a review of both the updates at some point.

there may be also an issue with warrenty (just a guess??) as if your phone does die with florins update installed orange may say that caused your phone to die and not give you a new one. The update changes the ROM so even a hard reset wont do it.

I got a new spv has the first one kept crashing. There was no problem in getting it changed. However, contary to the post at the very beginning of this thread the new spv did not have the update installed.

Guest HoneyPanther

DJHope

:-Roadster - your reply is flawed since if orange have the update itd hit the production line first since you only have to swap over the software going on to the phones at HTC (two second job i imagine probably can even be done remotely) whereas putting on a webpage and writing up proper insturctions to install takes time especially when it all the infomation has to be legally accurate. [END QUOTE]

How long U think it takes to get the H.sets from Taiwan/China to The UK.

Sorry. Your logic has a funamental flaw.

It takes more than a couple of sec's to prep. an algo into a suitable implim spec format to be flashed onto eproms. It's those 2 sec. jobs that cause errant prog results.

Raodster's point is valid. It is always better to test applic progs on guys already beyond the product learning curve.