Cant update past 4.0.1

Guest mozza54

Guest mozza54

Im hoping someone could point me in the right direction with an issue I'm having. I got a GSM Galaxy Nexus last week, I'm on Orange in the UK and cant seem to update the phone.

The handsets a replacement for a faulty GN I had so I'm reluctant to Root or mess with the bootloader until I've ran it in a little but at the same time this ones stuck on 4.0.1 and wont go to 4.0.2. My original phone updated as soon as I turned it on when I got it but this ones just not playing and obviously I'm a bit concerned.

With 4.0.4 being rolled out, is it possible the 4.0.2 just isn't available any more or should I be concerned?

Guest jmagee

Im hoping someone could point me in the right direction with an issue I'm having. I got a GSM Galaxy Nexus last week, I'm on Orange in the UK and cant seem to update the phone.

The handsets a replacement for a faulty GN I had so I'm reluctant to Root or mess with the bootloader until I've ran it in a little but at the same time this ones stuck on 4.0.1 and wont go to 4.0.2. My original phone updated as soon as I turned it on when I got it but this ones just not playing and obviously I'm a bit concerned.

With 4.0.4 being rolled out, is it possible the 4.0.2 just isn't available any more or should I be concerned?

I'm not certain but you should be able to download 4.0.4 from google directly and apply the update that way.Here's the link http://code.google.com/android/nexus/images.html

Should be nothing to do with Orange unless it is also Orange branded. In which case I'd root or get comfy for a long wait.

Hope this helps

Guest EddyOS

No Nexus' are branded - they're all stock. Easiest thing is to use the stock image from Google (as linked above) - you can flash it without wiping the device but you do need to have the bootloader unlocked so if you've not done this you'd need to before flashing manually, and unlocking the bootloader wipes all data anyway!

same here i just got a new one last week and it's confirmed that this device is a yakju but i'm still at 4.0.1 is there any chance to get 4.0.2 or 4.0.4 updates via OTA ? Should i wait more day/weeks to get at least the 4.0.2 ?

If i update manually i will loose my warranty ?