Photo

[ROM][ZTE Skate] AtomICS (Full Dolby Audio)

* * * * * 10 votes

• Please log in to reply
345 replies to this topic

markpayne1973

markpayne1973

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate,HTC Sensation XL
Where i can find 130MB TPT

TouchyAndalou

TouchyAndalou

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Where i can find 130MB TPT

Search for "tpt helper" on the market and you can easily create your own

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
Just a tip everyone might already know :)
For those who use link2sd there 2 nice features:
1) it can make app to become system app
2) if you update existing system app from play store this update normally goes into data partition and thus starts taking up user space. Link2sd is capable of "integrating" installed updates into system partition.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

dhoomktoo

dhoomktoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:zte skate
  • Twitter:@dhoomktoo
Thanks...just an update...i reflashed the rom with 200 mb tpt and works fine...

just wondering if we can get the softkeys ( like cm9 ics ) working on this rom. i got used to them while using a ice armor and find them better than the hardware keys..

@ dhoomktoo
You could try to change the folder permissions with something like ES File Explorer, or you could use the following.

http://www.fileswap....a/WiFi.zip.html

Edit the nv_4319 file to your needs and then flash it from CWM.

Edited by dhoomktoo, 13 April 2012 - 04:13 AM.

dibbles

dibbles

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Life and family :)
  • Devices:Moto G Excite Pro Nexus 7

Does anyone actually use car mode, the stopwatch or the news and weather app? In the next version of the ROM I could do with removing some stuff to free up space and all of these seem like the most useless to me.

Nope, none of the above.

Would the Street, Maps and Youtube be going also, as they can be downloaded if required...?

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
  • Devices:OSD
Same here I don't use those apps.
I would say some users would use all them apps,some a few,the rest none.As those apps are downloadable from market.Obviously its no problem either way for the more advanced users,who would take apps from the rom to fit whatever partition they use,or add apps to the rom before flashing.Not that its an advanced task to do that,but the more noobish may not know what can be taken out before flashing,and as I have known in the past,noobs make the mistake of actually unzipping the rom to take apps out instead of opening archive with 7zip or the like.

Edited by jikobutsu, 13 April 2012 - 08:21 AM.

aamiel

aamiel

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo : ZTE skate
I am using the Car Home all the time but I could install it myself as I have done for a while before this ROM.

I am a bit worried about integrating updates when there is so little place left in system. What if the GO launcher update is too big... will it just not integrate into system or will everything break?

Redstarr1

Redstarr1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Devices:Xperia S, ZTE Skate

Does anyone actually use car mode, the stopwatch or the news and weather app? In the next version of the ROM I could do with removing some stuff to free up space and all of these seem like the most useless to me.

I don't use them often, but I think a stopwatch app is quite essential on a phone. I could download it though, or turn it to user app and then restore it.

@C3CO:
Link2SD can't integrate every app though. My Play Store stopped working after I tried integrating the update to my system partition. I wonder if that has anything to do with only having 4MB left on my system partition (... actually that makes sense :P). Link2SD itself can't integrate itself either (well kinda figures).

ajarillo

ajarillo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
I've installed this ROM and I've found a possible bug. When the screen switch off and I switch it on, sometimes the mobile doesn't respond; and I have to press the button to switch on again, the problem is that when this happend wifi is disconnected too. I've experimented the same with CM7. The only ROM where it doesn't happen is Atomic R13.
Wifi is configured as not suspend never.
¿Do you know what is the cause and how to fix it?
Thanks

Redstarr1

Redstarr1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Devices:Xperia S, ZTE Skate

I've installed this ROM and I've found a possible bug. When the screen switch off and I switch it on, sometimes the mobile doesn't respond; and I have to press the button to switch on again, the problem is that when this happend wifi is disconnected too. I've experimented the same with CM7. The only ROM where it doesn't happen is Atomic R13.
Wifi is configured as not suspend never.
¿Do you know what is the cause and how to fix it?
Thanks

I've had that on AtomicMod R13 as well though..

Sharkface

Sharkface

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate

I was going to remove voice search and youtube too, but that would reduce the size of the system partition to 130MB. And that's great for the people who would install a 130MB TPT, but for people who stick with a 150MB TPT or the stock TPT that then becomes a lot of wasted space as they can't access it.

Google maps would go with car mode since that takes up around 6MB. That can easily be reinstalled from the store too.

Possibly an ignorant question... but, hypothetically, could the stock browser be removed and another put in it's place? (E.G. Dolphin HD). Apart from the fact it's taking up unnecessary space having multiple browsers, the stock browser always manages to eventually reset itself back as default. It's like the Internet Explorer of Android.

TouchyAndalou

TouchyAndalou

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Possibly an ignorant question... but, hypothetically, could the stock browser be removed and another put in it's place? (E.G. Dolphin HD). Apart from the fact it's taking up unnecessary space having multiple browsers, the stock browser always manages to eventually reset itself back as default. It's like the Internet Explorer of Android.

Yes, although I'm pretty sure voice search only works with the stock browser installed if you need that.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts
@ Sharkface
Removing the stock browser isn't recommended from what I've read as it can possibly break bookmarks, voice search and the store.

@ C3C0
That's a pretty cool tip as I didn't know the application had that function :)

@ dhoomktoo
I'll look into it, but I'm sure it'd require a fair bit of editing on my part.

@ ajarillo
The next version of the ROM might. I can't promise anything though.

@ Redstarr1
The stopwatch I could replace with the smaller stock stopwatch. It's not much to look at but it works.

Edited by H3ROS, 13 April 2012 - 03:02 PM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

If you like my ROM's then please consider a donation. A lot of time and effort went into them. Thank you.

My blog website: codeshed.co.uk

unomesmo

unomesmo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate / MonteCarlo
@ H3ROS (WIFI disconnects)

I've tried Skatie and I have the same problem, WIFI sttoped itself, even with the screen on, and only reconnects when I enter to the wifi settings menu.

I've reinstalled LogicMod and Atomic r13 and there is not this problem. With CM7 it disconnects too. With the latest version of Coldfusion CM9 not happen very often, but still happening. I have made full wipes.

Tomorrow I'll try another wifi network, but more people are reporting this problem, so I thinks there is some problem in the rom.

Thanks for you effort.

Edited by unomesmo, 13 April 2012 - 10:48 PM.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
Wifi ok here (skatie). I personally don't experience disconnects. Works as it should with wifi sleep policy set to never.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts
Within the next half hour I should have version 1.3 uploaded. It won't fit on a 130MB partition unless you remove the wallpapers, but as it's smaller than 150MB it gives me enough room to expand :)

@ unomesmo
What type of a wireless setup do you have? For me its WPA2 using AES and it works flawlessly already. Anyway, I've made some modifications to the Wi-Fi, mainly Ad-Hoc related as I didn't fully port that from AtomicMod before. So if that doesn't fix your wireless then I could suggest you try a different kernel, but I can't see how that could be a problem.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

If you like my ROM's then please consider a donation. A lot of time and effort went into them. Thank you.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,849 posts
  • Interests:ET Life
  • Devices:Nexus 4

@ H3ROS (WIFI disconnects)

I've tried Skatie and I have the same problem, WIFI sttoped itself, even with the screen on, and only reconnects when I enter to the wifi settings menu.

I've reinstalled LogicMod and Atomic r13 and there is not this problem. With CM7 it disconnects too. With the latest version of Coldfusion CM9 not happen very often, but still happening. I have made full wipes.

Tomorrow I'll try another wifi network, but more people are reporting this problem, so I thinks there is some problem in the rom.

Thanks for you effort.

WI-FI on logic and atomic is a bit different, its modded to support add-hoc

PejotA

PejotA

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Devices:Zte Skate V960 Ice Armor
  • Twitter:@Pajorve

Within the next half hour I should have version 1.3 uploaded. It won't fit on a 130MB partition unless you remove the wallpapers, but as it's smaller than 150MB it gives me enough room to expand

Great H3ROS Awesome!
Im waiting new version ROM 1.3!
Thanks for great job!!
:D

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts
It's up already ;)

There's no update file this time around since I've made a fair few changes and it'd be best to start fresh. And if there's anyone that wants the "complete" ROM with everything I've removed then I could release a patch but I first need to know how many people would want it. Just keep in mind that most of the applications can be downloaded from the market and you can use Link2SD to convert them into system applications.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

PejotA

PejotA

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Devices:Zte Skate V960 Ice Armor
  • Twitter:@Pajorve
H3ROS
I even like the version so the way like this! In my opinion, the Rom must stay that way!
:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users