[ROM][ZTE Skate] AtomICS (Full Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Guest Redstarr1

OK. I'll try to test the kernels.

Meanwhile, I just installed again and I'm realizing that when the mobile network data are disabled, the wireless disconnects are much less frequent. Will this have to do something about having a virtual operator (KPN Simyo)?

It could be something also of the power widget?

Tomorrow will be a new day ;)

Actually you should really make a habit of turning off your 2G/3G connection when you're on Wifi. If you disconnect for some reason (that could be your phone's fault, but you could also just enter a dead zone or move away too far from your router if you have a big house or a lot of walls), it could turn out to be expensive. And 3G uses more battery, so I think the benefits speak for itself. It's that not that hard, when you turn your wifi on, you turn your data connection off :P and vice versa.

Guest unomesmo

Actually you should really make a habit of turning off your 2G/3G connection when you're on Wifi. If you disconnect for some reason (that could be your phone's fault, but you could also just enter a dead zone or move away too far from your router if you have a big house or a lot of walls), it could turn out to be expensive. And 3G uses more battery, so I think the benefits speak for itself. It's that not that hard, when you turn your wifi on, you turn your data connection off :P and vice versa.

Sorry but I do not understeand what do you want to mean to me?

When the phone gets connected to a wifi network, android disconnects automatically the mobile data. I only wanted to say to H3ROS that when I unchecked the 'mobile data' in the widget power, the wifi disconnections seemed be less frecuently.

This problem is difficult to solve because only several Skate/OMC have the issue. Only can say that I am not newbie on wirless networks, routers and computers. It is not a problem of my router. The issue is not in LogicMOD, AtomicMOD, Elite or last CM9 versions. So something is wrong with AtomiICS and some Skate/OMC.. not all of them... and I had bad luck.. That's all. sad.gif

If in further versions works fine, It will be a pleasure to use this ROM. biggrin.gifThanks all for your effort.

Edited by unomesmo

Guest H3ROS

I normally turn off data while WiFi is enabled just to be sure that it won't switch to mobile data if I lose WiFi for whatever reason. At the moment I'm testing it with both enabled and so far it's been connected to my WiFi perfectly for over 10 hours. My next test will be to try with my other router, but if that doesn't work then I've really got no idea what the cause is. You'll probably also have the problem with the next version of AtomicMod too since that uses Android 2.3.5.

Guest unomesmo

I normally turn off data while WiFi is enabled just to be sure that it won't switch to mobile data if I lose WiFi for whatever reason. At the moment I'm testing it with both enabled and so far it's been connected to my WiFi perfectly for over 10 hours. My next test will be to try with my other router, but if that doesn't work then I've really got no idea what the cause is. You'll probably also have the problem with the next version of AtomicMod too since that uses Android 2.3.5.

Ok. Thanks again for your effort to solve this problem.

I'm expecting about R14 or the next version of LogicMod to flash them. I wish have luck with new releases because actual versions are ok.

I think it is not problems of routers. I've tried in several scenaries with same results. Lets wait for R14 to try it and if the issue is not present you'll have a big personal challenge! biggrin.gif

PD: I have flat data mobile plan, so we never disconect it. I'm all time in 2g for whatsapp or similars and I only connect wifi to download apps or upload big photos or movies.

Guest H3ROS

Just do quantify- this works with the A-GPS Patch and the Bravia Engine, right?

Correct, the GPS patch works and it's also got the Bravia engine :)

Guest Redstarr1

Does Tillaz's "contact-join"-fix work? For linking Facebook-accounts with your regular contacts.

Also big thanks for the rom, battery life is excellent for me. I can do 2 days on 1 charge.

Guest H3ROS

@ unomesmo

I'm looking into the WiFi issue you're experiencing a little more and I'm wondering if you'd like to test a stock 2.3.5 Skate ROM I've made. It doesn't have dolby and it's language selection is limited, but all I need to know is if WiFi is working.

Thanks.

@ felystar

It's working here. Do you have problems with fileswap.com normally?

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

@ unomesmo

I'm looking into the WiFi issue you're experiencing a little more and I'm wondering if you'd like to test a stock 2.3.5 Skate ROM I've made. It doesn't have dolby and it's language selection is limited, but all I need to know is if WiFi is working.

Thanks.

@ felystar

It's working here. Do you have problems with fileswap.com normally?

I noticed this with all my links when trying to download via the phone.. was the same with all your links as well, I'm thinking of changing the upload hoster

Guest felystar

No. Sometimes. For example when I dowbloaded Logicmod it didnt work as well vut it doesnt matter if its from computer or from my montecarlo or wich wifi is it. Always wirh problems. Could u make a mirror of the rom and the patches, specially the camera one??

Guest H3ROS

Shame since they work so well from a PC. Does it happen even if you set the phones user agent to a desktop?

I'll create a mirror shortly :)

Edited by H3ROS

Guest felystar
Shame since they work so well from a PC. Does it happen even if you set the phones user agent to a desktop?

I'll create a mirror shortly

Yes. Thanks

Mediafire is one of the bests uploaders!

Guest unomesmo

@ unomesmo

Thanks.

Of course. I will test it. Give me the link .

Thanks again for your effort.

PM: Stock rom you've made is ok.

Edited by unomesmo

Guest jfabaf

Hello,

congratulations!!! this ROM is amazing.

However I've found this issues:

- When I reset the skate, sometimes the desktop icons disappear (link2sd problem?):

screenshot1334679996681.png

- The wifi doesn't connect automatically to the networks known. If you go into the wifi configuration, without touching anything, just come in, then it connects

- Viber and skype don't use the headspeaker, both only sound from the speaker.

Edited by jfabaf

Guest unomesmo

- The wifi doesn't connect automatically to the networks known. If you go into the wifi configuration, without touching anything, just come in, then it connects

Hi. This issue is that I have too.. I have randomly and frequently disconnections and then it connects again itself when I go into wifi configuration menu. But if I don't go into the menu, it does not connect anymore.

H3ROS is working hard to solve this issue. It is very difficult because the bug only happens in several phones and not in all the Skates/OMC units.

Edited by unomesmo

Guest jfabaf

Hi. This issue is that I have too.. I have randomly and frequently disconnections and then it connects again itself when I go into wifi configuration menu. But if I don't go to the menu, it not connects anymore.

H3ROS is working hard to solve this issue. It is very difficult because the bug only happens in several phones and not in all the Skates/OMC units.

Thanks unomesmo FYI, see you in HTCMania too;-)

Edited by jfabaf

Guest H3ROS

@ jfabaf

Personally I've noticed that icons are slow to load when the applications are moved onto the memory card, and that's with or without Link2SD. However, as your icons sometimes aren't being displayed at all then I'd guess that it's maybe a Link2SD bug.

As for HTCMania, I just checked it out and it seems some people are a little confused about Skype. The actual audio bug is a bug in Skype moreso than a bug in the ROM, but you can fix that by using a modified version and activating MODE_IN_CALL via the advanced options.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=22668916&postcount=1907

Guest Redstarr1

Hello,

congratulations!!! this ROM is amazing.

However I've found this issues:

- When I reset the skate, sometimes the desktop icons disappear (link2sd problem?):

- Viber and skype don't use the headspeaker, both only sound from the speaker.

About Link2SD not loading icons, if they don't load at all (and the apps themselves neither), you should recreate your loading scripts. To do that, open Links2SD, press the menu key, press "more" and there select recreate loading scripts (or whatever that is in English, my phone is in Dutch).

Guest SteveCl

About Link2SD not loading icons, if they don't load at all (and the apps themselves neither), you should recreate your loading scripts. To do that, open Links2SD, press the menu key, press "more" and there select recreate loading scripts (or whatever that is in English, my phone is in Dutch).

I was getting a similar problem with link2sd (icons disappearing on alternate boots). However, an update to the link2sd app a couple of days back fixed it for me. Look for the new version on google play.

Cheers;

Steve