Photo

[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

* * * * * 15 votes

• Please log in to reply
2674 replies to this topic

domenico lamberti

domenico lamberti

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Crescent,HTC Explorer
  • Twitter:@Mobile_Dom
kind of got a bit of a problem, after restoring all my messages, messaging app force closes whenever i open it, it doesnt even get to showing the threads open

UPDATE : I finally got it to show my threads after about 10 force closes, i clicked on a thread and now all i can see is a black screen with the status bar at the top

UPDATE 2 : finally after about another 10 FC's i finally get into my threads

UPDATE 3 : damnit, sending and recieving are now working,but notifications only seem to work when they want to, this is only for messages as far as i can tell

Edited by domenico lamberti, 04 June 2012 - 04:13 PM.

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,304 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo
http://www.modaco.co...t-updated-0406/

Some still to come... maybe...

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

You're likely to get a quicker response from me on Twitter.

windy_miller

windy_miller

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco II
Unfortunately the random crashing and poor battery life have made me go back to Fish and Chips.

I would love to put CM9 back on my phone though. Keep up the good work Daz. Hopefully we should have a really great CM9 ROM for the Crescent soon.

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,304 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo

Unfortunately the random crashing and poor battery life have made me go back to Fish and Chips.

I would love to put CM9 back on my phone though. Keep up the good work Daz. Hopefully we should have a really great CM9 ROM for the Crescent soon.

I'm pretty sure you guys are just clocked too high. ICS can't handle overclocking to the stupid Gingerbread settings and it has more of a negative effect.

That would explain the crashing and battery life. It's nothing I'm experiencing so it's nothing in my control, frankly. I don't plan on looking in to it because I'm not convinced there's an issue. People just seem to be cutting their legs off because of a flesh wound instead of actually treating the problem.

Edited by Dazzozo, 04 June 2012 - 07:21 PM.

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

You're likely to get a quicker response from me on Twitter.

PsYcHoKiLLa

PsYcHoKiLLa

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4, Tesco Hudl
  • Twitter:@djsubterrain
Very weird, just downloaded the rom again (from your Google link this time just for info's sake), scrubbed everything, re-installed recovery, cleaned off my sd card which had all sorts of folders from old apps n stuff. Tried flashing again and it worked this time, just setting everything up, I'll let you know of any other problems but looking good so far.

Thanks again ;)

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa, 04 June 2012 - 09:26 PM.

surfungus

surfungus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:Tech, Seeing a cheap as chips phone run some amazing software, xbox (call of duty), beer...
  • Devices:Moto G
yeah strange, I had the 'not enough room skipping extras' too.Not really sure what it's skipped everything seems ok.

I'm running the ICS TPT, odd that all the others have been fine.

oh well I'll have another look tomorrow.

Great work again Daz! Really seems to be coming along nicely :D

cheers surf

Like the custom ROM on your phone? Why not buy the dev a beer!!

DarkDaemon

DarkDaemon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Just wondering if it would be possible to get some MD5's for this ROM, I had a lot of troubles with it last time I tried to use it and it may have been a faulty dl.

zorbon

zorbon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Is there safe method how can I flash to new release (from RLS6 to RLS8) without WIPE's? Only reflash ROM zip?

Thanks

TingTang

TingTang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Hi.

I need help here.

I currently have the Fish & Chips ROM on my Vivacity but would like to put this ROM on. The thing is, I can't remember how I done it. I have tried booting into recovery with no luck. All I get is a FTM screen.

There is 88 pages here so I would be very grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Edited by TingTang, 05 June 2012 - 06:04 PM.

CurtisAndroidSF2

CurtisAndroidSF2

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, Music, Photography, Android, Technology & Gaming.
  • Devices:HUAWEI ASCEND P1

Hi.

I need help here.

I currently have the Fish & Chips ROM on my Vivacity but would like to put this ROM on. The thing is, I can't remember how I done it. I have tried booting into recovery with no luck. All I get is a FTM screen.

There is 88 pages here so I would be very grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Sorry folks, wrong thread. :(

You'll need to find the thread with the flashing Clockworkmod Recovery tutorial, then use ADB to flash Clockwork mod then you're good to go! You can put your phone into Recovery mode and install this ROM from your SD card.

Devices

Huawei Ascend P1 (Untouched, for now)

iPhone 4 16gb Jailbroke (6.1.3 semi-tethered) (Sold)

HTC ONE V (Unlocked Bootloader/TWRP installed) running CM10 (Sold)

ZTE Crescent (OSF2)- Paranoid Android 4.1 (Sold)

Samsung Galaxy I5500- CM7 (Sold)

My Photography

My Ported Roms:

MoKeeOS (Alpha) | GB MIUI (Alpha) | KonstaKang (Alpha)

| AtomicMod (Beta) |

SwedishSnow (Fully working) | H3 Blues

Help me by testing out my ported ROMs and let me know what works/doesn't work and post here

misodoctakleidist

misodoctakleidist

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Has anybody else had a problem with grey (instead of blue) Wifi and 3G indicators on R7? At first I thought it was just cosmetic, but my phone seems to be having trouble syncing Google services.

robt77

robt77

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade III

Hi.

I need help here.

Hi if you still haven't found it I found this the easiest set of instructions on how tor install Clock work Mod recovery can be found below

http://sanfranciscoandroid.co.uk/android/how-to-debrand-install-a-custom-rom-android-4-0-from-scratch-on-the-orange-san-francisco-ii-zte-crescent/

and then as CurtisAmdrodiSF2 said it is a case of just following the instructions on the first page

TingTang

TingTang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

You'll need to find the thread with the flashing Clockworkmod Recovery tutorial, then use ADB to flash Clockwork mod then you're good to go! You can put your phone into Recovery mode and install this ROM from your SD card.

Sorry for being thick but I can not find a thread with a link that works to download ADB. :(

TingTang

TingTang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Hi if you still haven't found it I found this the easiest set of instructions on how tor install Clock work Mod recovery can be found below

http://sanfranciscoa...i-zte-crescent/

and then as CurtisAmdrodiSF2 said it is a case of just following the instructions on the first page

Ahh thank-you. :)

TingTang

TingTang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Well the guide seems great apart from one small problem, the link is dead for the OSFII drivers. A google search for it is useless as well. Sigh.

AmbushReality

AmbushReality

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Enter Shikari, Other Screamo bands?
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco 2

Well the guide seems great apart from one small problem, the link is dead for the OSFII drivers. A google search for it is useless as well. Sigh.

right, as you said you already had fnc, there is an easy method;) first you need this: http://db.tt/6zngTZLZ and this: http://www.mediafire...dabcdiz3i05lxi9 :) these files both need to be on the sd. Install the recovery manager and give it root access. Then select flash cwm and choose the img file. Give it a minute and bobs your uncle;)

EDIT: in the recovery manager go to the tab on the far right and press install recovery :D

Edited by AmbushReality, 05 June 2012 - 07:17 PM.

If you stand for nothing, You will fall for Anything- Rou Reynolds, Enter Shikari
Current Devices- OSFII Running Dazzozo's port of CM9

TingTang

TingTang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

right, as you said you already had fnc, there is an easy method;) first you need this: http://db.tt/6zngTZLZ and this: http://www.mediafire...dabcdiz3i05lxi9 :) these files both need to be on the sd. Install the recovery manager and give it root access. Then select flash cwm and choose the img file. Give it a minute and bobs your uncle;)

EDIT: in the recovery manager go to the tab on the far right and press install recovery :D

That was so easy. Thank you. Working perfectly. :D

AmbushReality

AmbushReality

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Enter Shikari, Other Screamo bands?
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco 2

That was so easy. Thank you. Working perfectly. :D

Glad to help:)

If you stand for nothing, You will fall for Anything- Rou Reynolds, Enter Shikari
Current Devices- OSFII Running Dazzozo's port of CM9

TingTang

TingTang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
I must be a right pain in the _____.

Now in CWM everytime I try to instal the kernal (using the Vivacity one form 1st page in this thread) it aborts. ROM flashed fine first time.

Problem solved. I was trying to instal the wrong thing. Idiot I am.

Anyway, ROM flashed and all is good.

Massive thanks to all who helped especially the OP and AmbushReality. :)

Edited by TingTang, 05 June 2012 - 07:46 PM.

Liamness

Liamness

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco II
  • Twitter:@liamness
FYI I've noticed that letting the wi-fi sleep when bluetooth on can cause stuff to mess up. Say if you're streaming audio over A2DP, then let the display go to sleep and you've enable wi-fi sleep, the audio may screw up. Only a reset will fix this, so for now if I'm playing music in the car or whatever, I just set wi-fi to stay on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users