[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest AmbushReality

I can now safely conclude that my battery's lasts 4 hours (only using Browser, Androirc and Gtalk) :(

EDIT: not this ROM, my modded Cm7 one

Edited by AmbushReality

Guest daemius

Hey, when I´m listening music trough the headphones I can´t hear the ringtone playing, but it mutes the sound.

Is that normal on android? Is that a bug from Cyanogen 9?

Guest SpLinterOgr

Hello!

Trying to flash my new SF2 but get an error "Not enough space for extras. Skipping..."

My steps.

1. Flash TPT Option 4 (200 40 200);

2. Flash 15062012-cm9-blade2.zip with CWM Recovery 4.0.1.5.

Where is my mistake?

Thank you.

UPD. The same error with CWM Recovery 5.0.2.7

Edited by SpLinterOgr

SpLinterOgr, i did the same yesterday and got the same message. it still allowed me to install google apps and the vivacity kernel without any errors. looks more like a "cosmetic" error. it took some time for the phone to go into deep sleep but working great now.

Guest WorldWarrior

Hello!

Trying to flash my new SF2 but get an error "Not enough space for extras. Skipping..."

My steps.

1. Flash TPT Option 4 (200 40 200);

2. Flash 15062012-cm9-blade2.zip with CWM Recovery 4.0.1.5.

Where is my mistake?

Thank you.

You need To flash a partition with at least 230 Mb of ROM memory, the one in the first post also give the same results for me.

Try To flash a 5.0 ClockworkMod recovery, in my case i used this one and it works properly.

http://www.mediafire...wl2jscfyts6uwvy 230 mb system Rom; 160 mb for apps and data

@miky51, It was the Same for me, But a few app missed and so....

Edited by WorldWarrior

WorldWarrior, did you notice which apps were missing by any chance? i did have to install a file manager afterwards for example. wondering if it's worth reflashing in case i'm missing out on some features

Guest SpLinterOgr

You need To flash a partition with at least 230 Mb of ROM memory,

Where can I get TPT 230 40 170?

Clockwork Recovery is already 5.0.2.7.

WorldWarrior, did you notice which apps were missing by any chance?

I have missed google aps: gmail, maps etc. However I instaled gapps with CWM.

Edited by SpLinterOgr

Guest SpLinterOgr

@SpLinterOgr

Same For me, but did you saw the link in my post ? Flash-it, i had the same problem and it is solved by now.

Yes. Downoladed. And flash it.

adb.exe reboot bootloader

fastboot.exe flash recovery recovery.img

fastboot.exe reboot

After reboot SF2 hangs on Green Andy and nothing else happens :D

I have to go now, but tonight will continue execution :)

Guest WorldWarrior

Tell me more, Did the installation was finishing properly before you Flashed the 200-40-200 ? If yes, in my case I reinstalled the defaut rom : one of thoses with clockworkMod

- http://ftpb.free.fr/roms/zte/blade2/OUK_P736VV1.0.0B09-update_signed.zip

- http://files.podtwo.com/roms/stock/zte/blade2/P736EV1.0.0B12-update_signed.zip

And it worked fine for me

Edited by WorldWarrior

Guest chris231

I've noticed that the last rom (or 2) is getting just a little on the large side....

So I removed some video files from the rom and changed the bootanimation.zip to a smaller one.

I also removed a few apps I don't need etc.

After doing this I got the rom +gapps install down to about 188mb (was about 210mb before I think)

Chris

@chris231, that's was i was thinking. 230Mb partition is getting very big. as it is now a functional image some people may start trying to optimize its footprint. any intentions on sharing your rom ? :)

Guest chris231
any intentions on sharing your rom ?

I'm no programmer far from it.... (I'm a farmer... :) )

All I do is download the roms that Dazzozo does, then delete any of the .apk files (and other bits) I don't use in the rom and gapps and re-zip and flash.

Problem is I might delete something you want....

But if you don't fancy trying it yourself, I could upload somewhere what I did for you to try. If you twist my arm.

Chris

Guest Dazzozo

Actually reverse that. CM9 -> CM7 (as it will build out of the box) -> AOKP. AOKP will probably need more fiddling around again and I don't want to hold CM7 back because of it.

Guest SpLinterOgr

R10 up!

Great!

But I'm sorry for my noobability =\\

1. I downloaded it.

2. TPT 200 40 200.

3. Install zip from SD card - 28062012-cm9-blade2.zip

4. Install zip from SD card - gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

5. Reboot.

Still no gmail, maps, etc... :(

Guest Dazzozo

These don't install in gapps. You have to get them from the Play Store. gapps installs Play Store, Talk and the Google services.

In other news, I'm probably going to do some major surgery to CM7 so it might be a while.

Guest SpLinterOgr

These don't install in gapps. You have to get them from the Play Store. gapps installs Play Store, Talk and the Google services.

Holy crap. I'm really noob. :'(

Seems like it was preinstalled in other mods I've tryed before on my Desire Z and Blade.

Guest Dazzozo

Holy crap. I'm really noob. :'(

Seems like it was preinstalled in other mods I've tryed before on my Desire Z and Blade.

They used to be, but then Google put them in the Play Store and they got removed from gapps as it's pointless having them in.