No Space left on Internal memory even with Link2SD. Advices?

Guest Rosz

Hello OMC fellows,

I have this problem with the free space on the internal memory, I do use Link2SD and all apps that can be moved and linked to the S...are already on the SD card.

I clear my cache on a regular basis. anyway I have about 10M of free space on the internal memory.

I would appreciate any advices to have this issue solved.

Guest VirusPlus

How many apps you have? All apps can be moved to SD with Link2SD. Some apps for some reasson even linked using internal memory as "Where is my Water" i think the only way to check that is to uninstall 1by1 your apps and after every uninstall check your memory to see what app cause this.

Guest hugobosslives

how big is your ext partition?

if you've filled it then i imagine it must be very small

mine is 1024mb so can fit any apps I want on it with link2sd.

repartition and make it bigger...

Guest razzmataz1478

Try menu>more> relink library file. Then go into settings>applications>manage applications and watch the bottom to see if your storage goes up..

Try menu>more> relink library file. Then go into settings>applications>manage applications and watch the bottom to see if your storage goes up..

Nope the storage stay the same.

My SD card is 8GB.....I have enough space on it there is plenty of free space on it.

Guest Josh92

Nope the storage stay the same.

My SD card is 8GB.....I have enough space on it there is plenty of free space on it.

Have you partitioned your SD card though? As in, have the apps link to one area of the card and all other data (music, files etc) on the main part?

Have you partitioned your SD card though? As in, have the apps link to one area of the card and all other data (music, files etc) on the main part?

Here is a screenshot for the Skype for example.

Is this how it supposed to be ?

post-777140-0-21626000-1333970718_thumb.

Here is a screenshot for the Skype for example.

Is this how it supposed to be ?

Hmm Something is wrong here....is the output of df should look like this....each app have a FS???

Guest timkanu

Sorry to butt in here. But I need to free up internal memory aswell.

Can someone tell me how to make a second partition on my SD card ?

Please help :)

Guest razzmataz1478

Ahhh you haven't linked ANY apps, you've moved them to the SD card using link2sd's native apps2sd

When you get your apps, you create link.

Ahhh you haven't linked ANY apps, you've moved them to the SD card using link2sd's native apps2sd

When you get your apps, you create link.

What shall I do now to fix it ?

Guest Redstarr1

Follow this guide:

http://android.modac...ge__hl__link2sd

It's Tillaz's guide for using Link2SD, works fine for me. You can make your secondary partition as big as you want. About 500MB should be plenty though. The way you talk about your SD-card, I assume you haven't reformatted it. So the first part of the guide is important, Link2SD needs an ext-partition to link.

So what you have to keep in mind is not to "move" the app to SD, it will still take some space in your internal memory (that's what you were doing now). You have to create a link. In order to be able to create a link, you should have an ext3-partition.

(edited to make some things clearer, but just follow the guide step by step and it'll be okay)

Edited by Redstarr1

Follow this guide:

It's Tillaz's guide for using Link2SD, works fine for me. You can make your secondary partition as big as you want. About 500MB should be plenty though. The way you talk about your SD-card, I assume you haven't reformatted it. So the first part of the guide is important, Link2SD needs an ext-partition to link.

So what you have to keep in mind is not to "move" the app to SD, it will still take some space in your internal memory (that's what you were doing now). You have to create a link. In order to be able to create a link, you should have an ext3-partition.

(edited to make some things clearer, but just follow the guide step by step and it'll be okay)

I do have a second partition in my SD card ...but I guess it is not ext3, OK lets assume I make it ext3. How I can Link2SD to use it and transfer all data on it ?

post-777140-0-98425500-1333975980_thumb.

Guest razzmataz1478

I do have a second partition in my SD card ...but I guess it is not ext3, OK lets assume I make it ext3. How I can Link2SD to use it and transfer all data on it ?

Move as many apps to the internal memory, click the filter icon in the top right corner, select internal memory, then press menu>multiselect>menu>select all>menu>actions>create link

Guest timkanu

Follow this guide:

Just what i needed. Thanks very much :)

Guest hugobosslives

your doing it wrong...

you have just moved them to the sd using the native android way of doing it.

move it back to internal and then hit the create link button. that will allow any app to be moved to the ext partition

Guest Josh92

Yeah I think the confusion lies with people thinking 'move to SD' sounds better than 'linking to SD'. Moving just moves the apk file, not the library files, cache, dalvik cache etc which all stay on the phone which can take up a lot of space.

Linking moves everything to the SD and replaces it with a tiny link file which works similarly to a shortcut on Windows fooling Android into thinking the app is on the phone hence why no features etc are missing. :)

Guest razzmataz1478

Yeah I think the confusion lies with people thinking 'move to SD' sounds better than 'linking to SD'. Moving just moves the apk file, not the library files, cache, dalvik cache etc which all stay on the phone which can take up a lot of space.

Linking moves everything to the SD and replaces it with a tiny link file which works similarly to a shortcut on Windows fooling Android into thinking the app is on the phone hence why no features etc are missing. :)

Exactly

All is OK now

THANK YOU ALL

Guest mrvlhs

Question... can you move every app (including Facebook, Gmail, Gmaps, Go SMS, keyboard app, etc) to SD without affecting performance or should you keep these more important and more often used in internal memory?

Guest hugobosslives

well in theory sdcards are slower than the phone memory. so apps should be slower on the sdcard (whether linked or native)

however you rarely see the difference (unless you have a bad sdcard). When buying a sdcard for your phone pay attention to the class number. A higher number means higher speeds.

but if you have a bit of lag in an app. try moving it back to the internal memory and seeing if it helps as you might get a small performance gain.

I leave facebook on the memory as the app is so slow it needs all the help it can get.