FatherD

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • Devices:HTC One S, ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@codeandchips
Hi All,
Hoping for some help here. I have been struggling for some while with a runaway android.process.media, using very high CPU.
I am unsure what the root cause is but lots of search results lead to a single corrupt file on the internal sdcard, or any number of other causes due to corrupt files, songs etc on the sdcard. Deleting all-sorts, clearing dalvik / caches / app caches / app data / factory reset - no change!
Now! I am aware that the internal sdcard is basically just a mount point in the internal storage so it is not possible to format it on its own. A Factory wipe doesn't clear it!, flashing, refreshing Roms does not clear it, using a different Rom such as MIUI does not clear it and still carries the issue!

So, I have searched and searched for the culprit on the sdcard to no avail. I would like some advice on re-locking the bootloader and unlocking again, as I have heard that this does wipe the internal sdcard.
Any help, or alternatives would be great .. my next step is to get a factory Rom back on it and return it to 3three for a replacement.

So in essence:
1. Should I relock the bootloader?
2. What are the risks if I do?
3. Should I just give up and send it back?
4. Are there any better solutions

Modaco Ir12
Franko nightly kernel
XXLA2 baseband
Apex launcher

If it ain't foke .. don't brix it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users