Alternative download sites, SFII and vivacity

Guest Reider59

Guest Reider59

Due to some sites closing a lot of people have been asking for alternative download sites because they cannot get the files they need. I have one or two in this post, please add any more you come across and I`ll update as we go along. I've also added a link to a free MD5 file verifier that works directly on the phone itself and interogates the SD Card as you select a file to check.

File Verification:

https://play.google....d=sa.afv&rdot=1

This post is for SFII:

Files and "How To"

http://sanfranciscoa...co-ii-for-free/

Unlock only;

http://www.mediafire...b6gobcqnwg6ccpk

http://www.mediafire...dkc74m95074i85c

Looks like a full guide and download files (please report back);

http://www.getandroi...co-ii-for-free/

Edited by Reider59

Guest Reider59

Due to some sites closing a lot of people have been asking for alternative download sites because they cannot get the files they need. I have one or two in this post, please add any more you come across and I`ll update as we go along. I've also added a link to a free MD5 file verifier that works directly on the phone itself and interogates the SD Card as you select a file to check.

File Verification:

https://play.google....d=sa.afv&rdot=1

This post is For Vivacity;

Unlock:

http://android.modac...y-unlock-files/

Looks like a full unlock guide and files (please report back);

http://www.getandroi...acity-for-free/

Fish n Chips R6, fix for upside down cam;

Dennis Elbow Post #933 - Source of Info:

I use QuickSnap Camera both front / back cams, work fine (TMV RLS6)

See/get it here;

frOdo Post #934 - Source of Info as above

Camera360 lets you set the orientation of both cameras. Does a neat tilt shift effect too

See/get it here;

Titas Post #938 - Source of Info as above

I can confirm Camera FX pro works fine for both camera's too

Edited by Reider59

Guest Reider59

I've also added a link to a free MD5 file verifier that works directly on the phone itself and interogates the SD Card as you select a file to check.

File Verification:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sa.afv&rdid=sa.afv&rdot=1

Once installed you open it and select a file on the SD Card, mine pointed to the SD Card from default. It displays an MD5 Code for the selected file and you can hold the phone up and compare it to whats on the screen. This ensures the integrity of the file and that it's fully downloaded. It allows print and has other features too.

Guest Reider59

As most people know the Vivacity has an upside down front camera when used with the FnC R6. The SFII has a kernel file with a flipped cam but their is none available for the Vivacity and Support is officially dropped for it. Though Raverrr does his very best to help but does not have this phone available to test.

Thankfully the good folk of this forum like Dennis Elbow, frOdo and Titas responded to a request for help. They used/found an APP which in one case displays both cams correctly and the other allows the user to rotate either/both cams themselves. Cool!!! Links are now in the Vivacity post above and I`ll continue to update any more links and cool fixes we get, so we have some parity between services on the Vivacity and the SFII. Thanks again lads.....

Edited by Reider59

Guest Dazzozo

As most people know the Vivacity has an upside down front camera when used with the FnC R6. The SFII has a kernel file with a flipped cam but their is none available for the Vivacity and Support is officially dropped for it. Though Raverrr does his very best to help but does not have this phone available to test.

Thankfully the good folk of this forum like Dennis Elbow, frOdo and Titas responded to a request for help. They used/found an APP which in one case displays both cams correctly and the other allows the user to rotate either/both cams themselves. Cool!!! Links are now in the Vivacity post above and I`ll continue to update any more links and cool fixes we get, so we have some parity between services on the Vivacity and the SFII. Thanks again lads.....

Support is officially dropped for what and according to who?

If people want a Vivacity kernel with a flipped camera I can look in to how Fuzzra did it for the SFII... not too much work.

Guest irishpancake

Support is officially dropped for what and according to who?

If people want a Vivacity kernel with a flipped camera I can look in to how Fuzzra did it for the SFII... not too much work.

I think this is about F&C RLS6.....

My link

ROM's are just now SF II......

but, can be flashed on TMV ...as long as OC kernel is also flashed.....

Also had camera issue, which seems to have been resolved.....I think??

Edited by irishpancake

Guest Dazzozo

I think this is about F&C RLS6.....

My link

ROM's are just now SF II......

but, can be flashed on TMV ...as long as OC kernel is also flashed.....

Also had camera issue, which seems to have been resolved.....I think??

I don't see what the huge problem is with supporting both phones. It pretty much entirely lies in the kernel and once they're built by someone they have quite large compatibility. The kernels for the customised stock ROMs all work with each other, some CM7 kernels I'll throw up when I get CM7 working will work with anyone else's CM7 based ROM (if one gets released by anyone else), and the same can be said for ICS based ROMs, which is already being demonstrated. The AOKP and CM9 kernels are the same files. Literally the same zip linked in both threads because they're both built off AOSP ICS.

In fact, the only reason the CM7 kernel has to be separate is because it requires VMSPLIT_3G which the stock ROMs don't have.

Edit: I don't really follow raverrr's work so I don't know what troubles he's been facing, but my experience of building kernels is that they're generally quite ROM unspecific.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest raverrr

I don't see what the huge problem is with supporting both phones. It pretty much entirely lies in the kernel and once they're built by someone they have quite large compatibility. The kernels for the customised stock ROMs all work with each other, some CM7 kernels I'll throw up when I get CM7 working will work with anyone else's CM7 based ROM (if one gets released by anyone else), and the same can be said for ICS based ROMs, which is already being demonstrated. The AOKP and CM9 kernels are the same files. Literally the same zip linked in both threads because they're both built off AOSP ICS.

In fact, the only reason the CM7 kernel has to be separate is because it requires VMSPLIT_3G which the stock ROMs don't have.

Edit: I don't really follow raverrr's work so I don't know what troubles he's been facing, but my experience of building kernels is that they're generally quite ROM unspecific.

I used to post 2 versions of my customized stock ROM because the TMV stock kernel makes the touchscreen slightly off when used on a SanFran2.

The TMV doesn't boot with the SanFran2 kernels.(i think)

Ive never built a kernel. Although it is on my list. First i'm trying to learn by playing with cyanogenmod source in ubuntu but repo sync has frozen twice now after 2 days of downloading ...Getting a bit frustrated with it.

Guest Dazzozo

I used to post 2 versions of my customized stock ROM because the TMV stock kernel makes the touchscreen slightly off when used on a SanFran2.

The TMV doesn't boot with the SanFran2 kernels.(i think)

If you choose to support them again you're probably better off hosting the SF2 version, and having a separate kernel patcher for the Vivacity.

Are people still having issues with a flipped camera?

Guest raverrr

If you choose to support them again you're probably better off hosting the SF2 version, and having a separate kernel patcher for the Vivacity.

Are people still having issues with a flipped camera?

Thats essentially What TMV users have been doing using The stock kernel with overclock patch by Fuzzra.

The camera has a mirrored image on the front facing camera i think. At the moment it means using a third party app.

A user called Joseph has tried several different fixes. He is more up to date on this than me.

Ps: soz for the off topic Raider

Guest Reider59

Not a problem mate, go at it. As long as the first two links are up to date what transpires in the rest of the thread is secondary. Apart that is if any firm fix comes out of it and the Vivacity doesn`t require a third party app for parity between the two phones. In that case I`ll update the post. Besides you`re keeping the thread active and the links are there for all. :)

Edited by Reider59

Guest Dazzozo

Thats essentially What TMV users have been doing using The stock kernel with overclock patch by Fuzzra.

The camera has a mirrored image on the front facing camera i think. At the moment it means using a third party app.

A user called Joseph has tried several different fixes. He is more up to date on this than me.

Ps: soz for the off topic Raider

If it's definitely kernel related I'll probably come across it at some point for CM7 and ICS. I need someone I can work closely with who has a Vivacity.

Guest irishpancake

Not a problem mate, go at it. As long as the first two links are up to date what transpires in the rest of the thread is secondary. Apart that is if any firm fix comes out of it and the Vivacity doesn`t require a third party app for parity between the two phones. In that case I`ll update the post. Besides you`re keeping the thread active and the links are there for all. :)

A Chinese guy....[sorry, I will get name and link asap]... posted a camera.apk replacement for TMV in the main F&C thread...which could be injected into ROM....

seemed to fix camera issue...??

Edit: that was iharrybao in this post..

Edited by irishpancake

Guest raverrr

A Chinese guy....[sorry, I will get name and link asap]... posted a camera.apk replacement for TMV in the main F&C thread...which could be injected into ROM....

seemed to fix camera issue...??

i think it was just the stock TMV camera.apk

Guest irishpancake

Can I just ask what camera app is used in F&C 6.....

and would there be a downside in replacing this with the TMV's stock camera.apk on the TMV??

Edited by irishpancake

Guest Dazzozo

If this is the be-all and end-all complete fix for all Vivacity users then it can easily be built in to the kernel flashable zips.

Guest irishpancake

I see our friend

http://sanfranciscoandroid.co.uk/

as I remember from my Blade days

has a "guide" for the SF II......no mention of unlocking, and of course, ROM version is outdated.

:edit....

Sorry, here's the unlock guide:

http://sanfranciscoandroid.co.uk/android/unlock-orange-san-francisco-ii/how-to-unlock-the-orange-san-francisco-ii-for-free/

Edited by irishpancake