Huawei loudspeaker issue DEFINITELY software related.

Guest misterleoni

Guest misterleoni

Guys, I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds the audio volume crippling on the G300. Even with Volume+ the speaker is unusably puny. This is especially problematic if, like me, you use your phone as an alarm and like to download and listen to podcasts around the house without an external speaker.

Well it appears that when a jack is plugged into the device and the FM radio is set to external speaker the volume of EVERYTHING goes to correct levels. It's like a completely different device. The sound is usable and perfectly loud and clear even without Volume+ activated. I've found that when I switch to some static on the radio and play an MP3 or notification that they are suddenly equally loud and clear. If I keep the MP3 running and switch the radio off the sound plummets again to levels that only a dog could hear.

This surely means that the issue is related to software, rather than hardware does it not? Someone on here already said that the speaker is the same as in other devices with perfectly good speakers.

If this is the case is there anyone on here who could look into it? It is a TREMENDOUS relief to me as I was convinced I'd found the worst loudspeaker on any phone I'd ever owned. I have no video to demonstate with but try it yourselves guys.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Patrick73
1334606328' post=1936232']

Guys, I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds the audio volume crippling on the G300. Even with Volume+ the speaker is unusably puny. This is especially problematic if, like me, you use your phone as an alarm and like to download and listen to podcasts around the house without an external speaker.

Well it appears that when a jack is plugged into the device and the FM radio is set to external speaker the volume of EVERYTHING goes to correct levels. It's like a completely different device. The sound is usable and perfectly loud and clear even without Volume+ activated. I've found that when I switch to some static on the radio and play an MP3 or notification that they are suddenly equally loud and clear. If I keep the MP3 running and switch the radio off the sound plummets again to levels that only a dog could hear.

This surely means that the issue is related to software, rather than hardware does it not? Someone on here already said that the speaker is the same as in other devices with perfectly good speakers.

If this is the case is there anyone on here who could look into it? It is a TREMENDOUS relief to me as I was convinced I'd found the worst loudspeaker on any phone I'd ever owned. I have no video to demonstate with but try it yourselves guys.

You turn the fm volume down and the rest of the phone works a treat, shame the phone would put the call via headphones instead of the front speaker.

Guest Patrick73

I have cut the cable off a 3.5mm plug and it works, but the phone now rings loud, but you must remove plug then answer the call, or no sound.

So just turn radio on and leave it running and set fm volume to min, use apps games etc normally.I have sent huawei your info posted. As talking to them about fault on their Facebook page

Edited by Patrick73

Guest bumps

nice temp fix pat might do the same myself. and ppl who use volume+ app turn it off b4 trying this it might damage the speaker when its working properly

Guest misterleoni
1334608118' post=1936252']

nice temp fix pat might do the same myself. and ppl who use volume+ app turn it off b4 trying this it might damage the speaker when its working properly

So glad this is working. Maybe someone can do some patching and get a fix of some description out before Huawei! Such a relief as I thought this phone was going to have to go on eBay. Not sure I want a headphone jack hanging out my phone forever though ;)

Guest Patrick73

surely this will smash the battery life?

It will do for now. just so i can hear calls and texts again.

My speaker is out of my G7010 and they are both as loud with the trick used here.

I'm hoping huawei will do a full rom, instead of a patch so when ever you restore it will not have to be redone everytime.

But at least its a start.

Also the Volume+ app is not for the rear speaker it does say so on the google play store. its for headphones.

Guest Frankish

If there was a patch it wouldn't be wiped after a restore as it would be fixed in the system partition which is not writable without root...

Guest Patrick73

If there was a patch it wouldn't be wiped after a restore as it would be fixed in the system partition which is not writable without root...

Ok thats good then. don't know much about stuff like that, just like taking things apart lol.

Also the fm radio even at min gives a small amount of volume even when at min, but you have to have it near your ear to hear it. but small price to pay for now.

Guest goodfella123

Hopefully will be fixed with a new rom.

Can someone who has rooted please help me over on the 'how to root' thread.

I'm just getting 'waiting for device' on the .bat windows file.

I take it the zip file is downloaded to pc.

I'm unsure when to plug/unplug the usb cable.

Guest zerosignull

I have noticed that any Equaliser effects you have dont get applied to the FM audio while its playing but does get applied to other system sounds.

Guest Patrick73
1334609516' post=1936276']

pat u can set the fm radio volume to nothing and the speaker will still stay loud in other apps and for rringing

Yeah I know, I did say turn the fm volume down, but still a very low amount coming out of speaker even with it "off"

Guest misterleoni
1334611908' post=1936308']

Yeah I know, I did say turn the fm volume down, but still a very low amount coming out of speaker even with it "off"

Yes there is a bit of fuzziness but I'm too overcome with relief to care ;) I thought I'd gone back to the days of the crummy HTC speakers. Thank god. Just hoping Huawei get their asses in gear and send out a fix before hundreds of people send them back complaining that their alarm wasn't loud enough to wake them up or they missed a call from their wife telling them she'd gone into labour.

Guest putbinoot

I installed this beta app from xda and it solves the problem, don't know if it is supposed to work on the rear speaker but it does.

My link

Edited by putbinoot

Guest misterleoni
1334616662' post=1936344']

I installed this beta app from xda and it solves the problem, don't know if it is supposed to work on the rear speaker but it does.

My link

Definitely DOESN'T solve the problem we have all been trying this app from the outset. It makes hardly any difference, whereas turning on the FM radio boots the speaker in every app to comparitively phenomenal levels.

Guest Patrick73

My link

Like alot of us have been saying. If clearly state's on Google play. That this app if for headphones and not the rear/external speakers. And if have tried the FM detailed on these boards you would tell it does nothing at all

Guest PaulOBrien

Like alot of us have been saying. If clearly state's on Google play. That this app if for headphones and not the rear/external speakers. And if have tried the FM detailed on these boards you would tell it does nothing at all

If nobody has already, when I get time I'm going to reverse engineer the radio app and see what's going on...

P

Guest putbinoot

Hi Patrick, when I use this while playing an mp3 when I turn the app on and of the volume goes up and down to suit. It may also be increasing the headphone output at the same time. The control of the rear speaker may just be a side effect of that .

Guest Dr Who

I am sure this problem used to exist on the TMobile Pulse and was solved, and the issue identified. Unfortunately I can't remember more than that, but might be a place to start if you feel like searching.

Guest Simon O

Possibly you'll need to look into AudioFilter.csv tweaks. Some other Huawei phones have similar low volume issues which have been fixed by tweaking the values in this file. It's not something I know how to do myself so you'll have to do some googling.

Another option would be to add DSP Manager to the phone if it's not there already.