Huawei loudspeaker issue DEFINITELY software related.

Guest misterleoni

Guest dbaseii

really?!

Yes. I have mentioned this in previous post. I did a cwm restore of my vodafone rom and the speaker issue is still fixed.

Guest hecatae
Can anyone understand why flashing the b886 rom fixes the speaker problem even after flashing back the original vodafone rom?

Yes. Something in the update sets the speaker volume. The vodafone stock rom does not have this instruction

Guest markxtc123

For those who like to stick with the official software...

Huawei Device UK

We will be sharing our software update for the Ascend G 300 tomorrow. Keep an eye out for instructions on how to install it here!

Posted on Facebook today.

Guest FrankieADZ

Huawei Device UK

We will be sharing our software update for the Ascend G 300 tomorrow. Keep an eye out for instructions on how to install it here!

I saw that too :) hopefully it will be more than the B888 most people have already installed :)

Guest KasioPC

Hi. So is the speaker issue definately resolved now?

Unofficially yes, if you install different software than what the phone came with. Huawei are releasing an official fix tomorrow (so they say)

Guest dancg

Huawei Device UK

If you are not with Vodafone any more, will you receive this update through your current provider any way? (GiffGaff in my case...)

Guest FlatPackPete

If you are not with Vodafone any more, will you receive this update through your current provider any way? (GiffGaff in my case...)

Good question. You may not get an automatic notice but you can do settings > about phone > online upgrade

Guest FrankieADZ

OTA update now available which fixes the volume issue :-)

think it will only help the people who havent already updated tbh. Im currently on B888 and ive tried to update(about phone>online upgrade) & says "no update available"

Guest Martin__S

It's a 14mb patch and leaves all the Vodafone 'stuff' alone.

I believe it reported the upgrade version number to B885.

It definately fixes the volume issue. Anyone who has been running volume boosting apps such as Volume+ should remember to reset/uninstall prior to applying the update just in case you end up with the correct volume + boosted volume and a crackly fizz.

As it only reports to fix the volume issue anyone with a non-stock vodafone ROM will not require this patch. However, as this thread started life as reporting the issue and requesting an update from Huawei it serves to show that the company has listened and responded in a fairly timely manner (considering the fix would have to go through Vodafone testing and approval prior to release). I think this bodes well for ICS update for this handset and future handsets from the same stable.

Guest dbaseii

Is there a way we can set up a reference point for the volume level. . Maybe a decibal rating for a ringtone?

I need to compare my volume to somebody elses as I'm still not convinced that its loud enough (my Huawei U8160 is louder). Now that I'm on b888 I cannot restore to stock to compare

• 7 months later...
Guest G-razer

Although this thread stopped in May, I have just got the phone on Voda, updated all the software, rooted it and have found the volume is too low really with external speakers.

Can I ask if the phone has an external speaker function? ie. you plug in an x-min2 speaker and it asks if you are using headphones or music stand and if you choose headphones you get restricted sound, but if you choose music stand it allows you to go loud. I have plugged in my x-min2 and the volume is pretty much the same as what comes out of the phones speaker which doesn't fill the room.

note: plugging in my headphones is absolutely fine, but that's a solo job. I've got a small but decent portable external speaker here that seems to be of no practical usage

Edited by G-razer

• 3 weeks later...
Guest crucius

Although this thread stopped in May, I have just got the phone on Voda, updated all the software, rooted it and have found the volume is too low really with external speakers.

actually, mine is relatively new (mid december) and even though updated OTA (stock rom), the volume is still low (i can barely notice it ringing on my pocket)... anything that can be installed to fix this? (and just for ringtones, not for other sounds such as music)

• 2 months later...
Guest anglo

actually, mine is relatively new (mid december) and even though updated OTA (stock rom), the volume is still low (i can barely notice it ringing on my pocket)... anything that can be installed to fix this? (and just for ringtones, not for other sounds such as music)

Just noticed your post, so you may have found a solution by now.

If not, try 'Old Phone Ringtone' from the Play Store. :)