Photo

Huawei loudspeaker issue DEFINITELY software related.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

Poll: G300 volume issues (106 member(s) have cast votes)

Does your G300 have lower than expected volume levels?

1. Yes (93 votes [87.74%])

Percentage of vote: 87.74%

2. No (7 votes [6.60%])

Percentage of vote: 6.60%

3. Unsure (6 votes [5.66%])

Percentage of vote: 5.66%

Vote Guests cannot vote

misterleoni

misterleoni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

bumps

bumps

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, Desire Z
frankish looking at the logs its something to do with audioflinger check out the lib files in system

zbvif

zbvif

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Only just bought my phone and charging it now. Can someone please for me...

Download alogcat. Start music app and play a song at full volume. Save the logcat.

Start fm radio and let it play at full volume. Save the logcat.

Apply the temp hack/fix and play a song at full volume. save and post all three logcats here. I want to have a nosey.

Done. Never used alogcat before, so I think the 2nd and 3rd files are an accumulation of all - but should be easy to find out.
The files are timed, and the actions were don in the order you specified. (musice, FM, music with FM)

Neal

Attached Files

zbvif

zbvif

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

bumps

bumps

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
just tried aload of libaudio files from another android rom, phone wont boot anymore doing factory reset

bumps

bumps

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
hmm factory reset didnt work........... will sort it out later gym time

misterleoni

misterleoni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Comparing this device with the iPhone 4S it has a smoother sound, albeit slightly less loud. SUCH a shame they let them slip out with this bug as it would be enough to convince many people to take them back as they would just assume the phone is either faulty or has an irredeemably shitty loudspeaker. I've not heard a peep from Huawei about the issue. Can't find a single acknowledgmen, which is poor considering they are trying to make themselves into a force on the mobile market. They should perhaps take example from Apple (much as I hate to say that). They would have at least acknowledged an issue by now and sought to resolve it.

Patrick73

Patrick73

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Comparing this device with the iPhone 4S it has a smoother sound, albeit slightly less loud. SUCH a shame they let them slip out with this bug as it would be enough to convince many people to take them back as they would just assume the phone is either faulty or has an irredeemably shitty loudspeaker. I've not heard a peep from Huawei about the issue. Can't find a single acknowledgmen, which is poor considering they are trying to make themselves into a force on the mobile market. They should perhaps take example from Apple (much as I hate to say that). They would have at least acknowledged an issue by now and sought to resolve it.

They have reply to me via facebook and also via direct message on facebook. as I got carried away and for every post they made about this phone about buying it, I posted about how bad the speaker is. Also they did remove some posts as they claimed i was spamming them.

I think just call the london number on their website and if you on facebook there too.

Cheers

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,225 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Rest assured that I have raised this with Huawei directly and they are working on it! :)

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

kradcliffe

kradcliffe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300
Excellent Paul,

Did you mention about the low / distorting headset volume when playing music / videos?

The sound quality is very good, just far too low!

Thanks - Keith

Edited by kradcliffe, 20 April 2012 - 05:23 PM.

Patrick73

Patrick73

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
Facebook huawei wanted my mobile number to "chat" to me, but told they are working on a fix and should be ready asap. But cannot say when.

Never gave my number out. But they replied anyway.

Modifoid

Modifoid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
On the spirt fm app you can reduce the volume of the white noise.
Go to settings / Audio / Volume Scale / then put in a value of 1.

EDIT - A value of 0.01 almost eliminates the white noise.

Edited by Modifoid, 20 April 2012 - 09:58 PM.

Patrick73

Patrick73

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
I have the fm app volume control so speaker is louder.

I pulled out the charger this morning @6:55am and after 1 hour its down 5% from 100%

I'm on 2g and nothing running apart from the normal android stuuf that runs by default.
Also I do not lower the screen brightness its at full. thats how i like it.

So far I have not used wifi today, but looking at 20 hours if the rate stays the same.

its 17:24 now and battery down to 48% with 2g only and some data use over wifi, and a few phone calls but not what i would normally do due my mother laptop needed sorting out.
but FM app running all the time today..

Edited by Patrick73, 21 April 2012 - 04:27 PM.

punjabi

punjabi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego
Hi guys

Just a quick one really, I've downloaded BBC iplayer from the market with Flash. When playing videos on there through the speaker the volume isn't exactly low... Anybody else noticed this? It is however very low with YouTube etc.

misterleoni

misterleoni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
BBC iPlayer audio levels are high anyway, even on iOS streams, so that will be why it seems better. I used iPlayer to demo the poor speaker on this phone on my YouTube channel and the difference is still massive, though it is a little more audible than YouTube as long as there's no background noise. It has no relation to the FM fix though.

Patrick73

Patrick73

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
I have noticed some video feeds are louder than the "normal" volume we are used too.

misterleoni

misterleoni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I don't think it's anything to do with these feeds tapping into anything hardware related. Some feeds are just louder than others. I often notice on my iPad that iPlayer is REALLY loud compared with YouTube. It's still far too quiet for me on the G300 though, even if it is audible if you're sat in a room not making too much noise whilst you're watching it.

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
its that bad that morning alarms are switched off as it doesn't wake me up fully to pick out the snooze button so I quickly fall back into deep sleep. Not good so I use a backup alarm clock.

Patrick73

Patrick73

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
This is what They sent me very private Message on Facebook...

22 hours agoHuawei Device UK
  • Hi Patrick.

We had just wanted to be in touch in person, following your comments here and elsewhere, to let you know a software update will be available shortly to enable you to turn up the volume settings on your Ascend G 300.

We cannot be any more specific with timings at present, but we expect to be in a position to give more detail in the next week or so. Please bear with us. Our technical team has responded, and is doing its best to offer an update. We really appreciate your feedback, and bringing it to our attention.

If you would like to speak with any of the team about the matter, in person, then please drop us a message with your number and we can arrange a more convenient time to chat through. Thanks again.

James.

bumps

bumps

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
nice to hear back from them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users