AndroidManifest.xml GUI editor tool?

Guest redhawkuk

Guest redhawkuk

Many of my apps have annoying permissions and broadcast receivers i.e. internet access when it doesn't need it or loading during boot time or when my wifi is enabled.

I use Gemini App Manager to tweak broadcast receiver settings but I was thinking I could do the same thing editing the AndroidManifest.xml instead this would save me time in case I had to reinstall the apps again or install to another handset.

The file itself looks relatively easy but tedious to edit in notepad I would much prefer a Windows based GUI tool to parse the lines into something readable.

Does such a tool exist??

Richard S.

Edited by redhawkuk

Guest equiliym

Many of my apps have annoying permissions and broadcast receivers i.e. internet access when it doesn't need it or loading during boot time or when my wifi is enabled.

I use Gemini App Manager to tweak broadcast receiver settings but I was thinking I could do the same thing editing the AndroidManifest.xml instead this would save me time in case I had to reinstall the apps again or install to another handset.

The file itself looks relatively easy but tedious to edit in notepad I would much prefer a Windows based GUI tool to parse the lines into something readable.

Does such a tool exist??

Richard S.

i use apktool to decompile my apps to readable format, i dont know if there is a gui for it but i just use it via command prompt and then edit files in notepad

you might need to add META-INF folder to the newly compiled apk when done editing, other than that, works ok for me

Guest redhawkuk

I found a useful tool (Microsoft - XML Notepad 2007) although it's really just an XML editor but still useful for safely editing and deleting settings.

Now I need a smali debugging tool to show the call structures between functions although I somehow doubt that would ever happen. ;)

Richard S.

Edited by redhawkuk

Guest equiliym

I found a useful tool (Microsoft - XML Notepad 2007) although it's really just an XML editor but still useful for safely editing and deleting settings.

Now I need a smali debugging tool to show the call structures between functions although I somehow doubt that would ever happen. ;)

Richard S.

well i really dont know about smali debugger but i just decompile/edit/compie/push and if it doesnt work >>edit/compile/push etc etc p; i also prefer notepad :D