Hoping some kind soul on modaco might be able to help me with this.....(been at it for a couple of days without success):
- Got the ICS update for the sensation a few weeks ago.
- Wanted to install a custom ROM on it so I: unlocked the bootloader (using the HTCDev method), rooted it and stuck ClockworkMod on there. All good so far.
- Downloaded the custom ROM i wanted and went in to CWM choose the zip. The Rom seem to install fine.
- Rebooted the phone and it got stuck on the HTC logo. I would just sit there for ages and after an hour or so I did a battery pull.
- I downloaded a few more custom ROMs, but again no success, all would hang at the HTC logo.
- Then BAM, it hit me - I didn't have S-OFF (the ICS ota update gave me hboot 1.27). This must be why I can't install custom ROMS.
Now basically, all I want to do is get any ROM (GB, ICS, anything) working on the phone. I've tried a few different things. Used loads of RUUs, all with no success (gets to a certain point and then tells me the update failed).
I don't know why the RUU updates fail (should these work? could it be that I don't have enough internal mem left or something?)
Is there any signed flashable zip that would get me back to ICS stock? (I don't think I can downgrade to lower than ICS as I'm on HBoot 1.27). I could flash this through clockwork mod as I still have access to CWM.
Can anyone help? Totally desperate now.