Phone memory full, cannot add any more Apps

Guest mountainstar

Guest mountainstar

Ok, well to start with, by remaining on Android 2.1, you cannot use the Google written Apps2SD feature, which allows you to move portions of Apps to your SD Card providing the author of the app will allow it.....

I've never used Link2SD, so cannot comment on that.

What you *could* do is visit this thread:

http://android.modac...s7-android-235/

Find the section in the first post as follows:

All-in-one TPT installation:

This will only work in phones that were sold with gen1 layout or updated to gen2 via TPT method. This won't work if your phone was sold gen2 or you have used windows tool to update.

-updates gen1->gen2

-repartitions internal storage (128mb /system, 326mb /data, 2mb /cache, 0,1mb /oem)

-installs Swedish Snow RLS7

-installs ClockWorkMod Recovery 4.0.1.5

-installs classic green android splash screen

And download the file and follow the instructions in the first post to install it....

This will update your phone to Android 2.3 which will enable you to use the Apps2SD feature, but more than that, it will re-partition the internal storage on your phone to allow you to get more apps on the phones memory, even if you don't use the Apps2SD feature.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Applying a TPT will WIPE your phone completely, so if you have data you need to preserve, you must find some way of copying it / backing it up BEFORE you apply this...

I have not applied this particular tpt file myself (as I had updated my blade before this particular ROM came out).

If you are unsure or want further assistance, a post in the Swedish Spring ROM Thread should get you help from people that have used that TPT file and the ROM itself....

Thanks for that....but I don't think I could do all that :blink:

I think it might be easier to go to a phone shop (I mean a local phone doctor not Orange etc) to ask them if they can do it

Guest BadMan PimpY

Look at name of thread! and rest of answers to it:rolleyes: I can do big writing as well :D

But to be clear being as you are asking...

1 And yes I have an SD card

2 from App markets etc onto phone

3 because I was told to in the thread

Sorry you feel like that....I was only trying to help you mate, I know it looks and feels daunting, but trust me its not that hard. Do some more reading to build your confidence.

With what you want to do you have to root your phone, once you do that, putting on a rom is 2 clicks-ish away, you can do it.

Your phone will become new again, twice as good, alot smoother and faster....Trust me

Read this guide, it has pictures, its old but, it will give you an idea of the screens you will come across

http://sanfranciscoa...e-libra-u-v880/

The TPT method is better/easier

No big writing...lol

Edited by BadMan PimpY

Guest oldfella

the easiest way to do what you want is a TPT

you get rooted, a new ROM and Clockwork all installed

you will still need to partition the card but you can use clockwork to do that

but make sure you have a new rom ready on your card before doing the TPT as it wipes everything, and make sure there is nothing in memory you want

read up about TPT and choose a 160MB or 200MB system partition

I did it and have 90 apps loaded and still have 160MB of internal data storage free, plus loads of space in the sd-ext partition

Edited by oldfella

Guest mountainstar

This afternoon (when this site was down, before I saw the last 2 comments) I had a go, using http://www.sanfranciscoandroid.co.uk/android/how-to-root-and-install-clockworkmod-recovery-on-the-orange-san-francisco-zte-blade-zte-libra-u-v880/ I got as far as

installing Clockwork Recovery and then on page 4 choosing a ROM, from here it did not go well...or rather s*** hit the fan!

As it said "Your phone should already be in ClockworkMod Recovery." Yes it was....More of that later.

Did 4, 5 , 6 & 7, at 8, then I could not paste into the Storage Device / Removeable Disk (paste was not an option...it was whited out)

Then i tried to exit Clockwork Recovery...i could not, whatever I tried would not work, even removing batttery etc.

Really frustrated and fed up, after a bit of soul&web searching I rang Orange and ordered a new phone: a San Francisco 2, with bettter specs and a bigger internal memory.

Thanks for all the help, but when your doing these things by yourself without a lot of knowlege and tech-knowhow its really difficult, as it must be for you guys who are really technical trying to tell someone like me how to do it.

Ah well at least I know how to do big writing now ;) :D ....

....only joking! :wub: :)

Guest Amphoras

This afternoon (when this site was down, before I saw the last 2 comments) I had a go, using http://www.sanfranci...e-libra-u-v880/ I got as far as

installing Clockwork Recovery and then on page 4 choosing a ROM, from here it did not go well...or rather s*** hit the fan!

As it said "Your phone should already be in ClockworkMod Recovery." Yes it was....More of that later.

Did 4, 5 , 6 & 7, at 8, then I could not paste into the Storage Device / Removeable Disk (paste was not an option...it was whited out)

Then i tried to exit Clockwork Recovery...i could not, whatever I tried would not work, even removing batttery etc.

Really frustrated and fed up, after a bit of soul&web searching I rang Orange and ordered a new phone: a San Francisco 2, with bettter specs and a bigger internal memory.

Thanks for all the help, but when your doing these things by yourself without a lot of knowlege and tech-knowhow its really difficult, as it must be for you guys who are really technical trying to tell someone like me how to do it.

Ah well at least I know how to do big writing now ;) :D ....

....only joking! :wub: :)

Your problems with ROM Manager were probably because you were not rooted, so it couldn't get permission to flash the recovery. This was actually a good thing as your phone was still Gen 1, and ROM Manager now flashes a Gen 2 version of recovery, so it wouldn't have worked anyway.

The guide you followed was getting you to use a TPT. These wipe your rom and all your data which was why you couldn't get out of recovery. I don't know why you couldn't copy the new rom over. The good news is that you can still fix your phone if you want. I see you have ordered a new one, but you could fix the old one as a spare or to sell.

If you want to fix it, go to http://android.modaco.com/topic/350875-romgen2-swedish-snow-rls7-android-235/ and scroll down to the All In One TPT Installation section. Download the TPT file there, and follow the instructions it gives. After you do that your phone should be working again.

Guest mountainstar

Thanks Amphoras but probably will not.

I've also got a spare battery now for my new phone :)

My new SF2 is coming today, so fun will be had downloading all the Apps.....unless I see "my memory is full!!!" :angry:

Guest mountainstar

No i have not got a spare battery :( its a bigger one in the SF2

BTW does anyone know if I need to download the Wifi fix App for the SF2?

Guest mountainstar

Just an update on the SF2.....

Installed App2SD and it worked perfectly with no problems at all, so lots of room on phone for Apps now :) .

Again BTW, I installed an App called Signal boost which did not seem to boost my WiFi signal, just turn it off!

When i open the App it does not have a "uninstall" also I cannot find it in My Aps or an App I installed called Easy Unistall, so i am at a loss how to ditch it, and fear it may be a rogue App. Any idea's out there?

Guest toggle

I am using link2sd and it works very well. I have lots of space now in the internal memory. it is similar to app2sd but better. you can select and move any application other than the system components.. it automatically detects the priviously moved applications and it automatically moves the newly installed applications(optionally). all you need is a rooted phone and ext2 partition in the sd card.

But if you have app2sd already installed you have to uninstall it before installing link2sd.

for more info and features check :

http://www.link2sd.info/description