San Fran 2 - no wifi

Guest gordies

Guest gordies

hello everyone,

was really chuffed with myself that at the ripe old age of 47 I managed to unlock my Orange SF2 to run on any network.

However, my joy was short-lived as I now cannot seem to connect to wi-fi as it keeps connecting then disconnecting, then connecting etc.

WHen I check my MAC address it is coming up as 11:22:33:44:55:66 so that looks dodgy to me.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

thanks everyone for having such a great forum.

Gordie

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

By the looks of it you have lost your wireless, if you backed it up with QPST then you should be able to restore, if you wrote your MAC address down then you can recover it manually with hard work using hex editing if not then you're buggered.

I'm not 100% positive so wait for someone with more experience to comment.

Edited by CurtisAndroidSF2

Guest gordies

Cheers for the quick reply.

So, the QPST I saved should contain the information I need?

AM i right in thinking you just restore from this QPST after doing the unlock procedure?

If so then I will give that a try, fingers crossed.

thank you !

Guest gordies

@Reider59

Can you be good enough to detail how to input a valid MAC address should the saved QPST be useless?

It will be useful to have a work around available.

many thanks,

Gordie

Guest irishpancake

Not a problem. Saved it in my Android Archive.....

http://android.modac...nlocked-now-up/

Don't you need your original MAC addy to use that, as in the MAC you wrote down when you were unlocking??

AFAIK, it is written in the guide(s), as there is a possibility of losing MAC....

I think the guide linked above tells how to replace the MAC you have written down and saved, by search and replace the 11:22:33:44:55:66 you will get by doing the QPST back-up again.....

Guest irishpancake

Just on a point of info.....

if you can see your Bluetooth MAC address....you can hazard it is pretty close to the WiFi MAC

Turn on BT, go to settings/about phone/status

The BT MAC on my phone is almost identical to the WiFi MAC.....

first 5 are the same ....

only the last is different,

like DE.....DD

Hope this helps

Edited by irishpancake

Guest Reider59

You can read through that post and see someone added about the similarity tween the two numbers.

Make a Mac Address up, its not bothered what it is as long as it gets one from that file.

Probably a Mac Addy generator, sure I saw one some place

It's an emergency only. you should really note it as soon as you start messing with the phone. I didnn't just rely on saving mine but wrote it in my important details book. A little hardcopy book I keep for the purpose (Dads idea and I borrowed it).

Guest BLu3HaZe

Just a quick question, does the QPST restore always show as failed? Cuz mine got stuck for a long time and I just aborted when unlocking, never had any issues even though it gave a failed error and the WiFi MAC address is also correct.

Guest irishpancake
Just a quick question, does the QPST restore always show as failed? Cuz mine got stuck for a long time and I just aborted when unlocking, never had any issues even though it gave a failed error and the WiFi MAC address is also correct.

Good question....that happened to me also....

and I nearly shi**ed myself.....

but all was OK.....think I had to flash Stock ROM or something... can't remember now!!