The Next Galaxy: Predictions from the News Team!

Guest Karucifer

Guest Karucifer

I'm sure you've seen it before, a roving news reporter heads on to the street to get public opinion on some exciting aspect of politics/reality TV.

Well, this isn't that, it's raining outside and budget won't stretch to an umbrella, so instead we've asked the MoDaCo News team their predictions on what Samsung will be announcing tomorrow.

Have your own prediction to make? Leave it in the comments below!

Similar to the Galaxy Nexus in shape, curved, thin, innovative materials, 12MP camera, quad core, 1GB RAM, 32GB onboard, microSD, removable 2000mAh battery. Touchwiz on ICS 4.0.4, NFC obviously. Wireless charging maybe?

Flat 4.75" 720P screen, no pentile this time. 8mm thin would be my limit. I'm hoping for a fast 8MP camera over a 12MP slug. Quad Exynos obviously, 1.4Ghz or thereabouts. 1GB RAM, no microSD but 32GB internally. NFC and Bluetooth 4. Judging by what the RAZR pulled off I'd think 2200mAh is achievable in terms of battery, almost certainly fitted if the wireless charging rumours are true.

The one area that's really important to me is software. I'm praying that the state of ICS on the Galaxy S II bears no indication of what we're getting on the i9300. I'm really hoping that Samsung don't follow HTC with some of the crazy decisions made on the One series, engineering features back OUT of Android 4.0

Thin - this seems to be the trend, rather than keeping the thickness and giving a bigger battery which I would prefer. 12MP camera, 4.7" screen 720x1280 screen, quad core Samsung processor, 2GB memory, NFC, and bloated with touchwiz.

Lets hope they put some extra effort into the camera to keep up with the One X, and Lumias.

4.8" screen, although I'd prefer the 4.65" of the Nexus. Quad Exynos CPU. Android 4.0 but maybe slightly better skinning and maybe even an option to turn it off? Most of the leaks have shown very stock-looking Android after all. Ceramic case and possibly different SKUs with differing battery life?

I would expect to see confirmation of the many rumored specs (Exynos Quad/Super AMOLED HD Screen/Thinness). I would love Samsung to release this Galaxy S3 running WebOS and with an ultra thin slideout physical keyboard. ;-)

Gorilla glass back, every time you take a photo it actually takes a video clip, so if the shot is wrong you can play back the scene. Running Tizen themed as Android, but as it is using Touchwiz nobody can tell the difference. Dual sim as standard, 16GB nand storage only, no microSD. NFC enabled, S-Pen supported as screen size is mahoosive 4.7 inches. 1080P resolution.

As expected, some members of the team took the task more seriously than others. I think we've more chance of a handset running on Tizer than Tizen, personally :)

Click here to view the item

Guest NewForce

I predict 4.8" or 5.0" screen so that it wasn't too shabby from Galaxy Note greatest 5.3" screen.

This also can be the selling point luring more ppl craving and buy into it.

12MP or 8MP camera with 2/3" or 1/1.7" BSI sensor with 2~3X optical internal zoom.

1.5GB ram, 16GB internal, card slot + OTG. 32/64GB internal no card slot + USB-OTG.

Touch Wizard 5 with Desktop Lanscape mode, my preferred UI over any others UI.

Guest TechsavvyJaz

Optica zoom will spoil the slimness.. I stil have the samsung G810 and it's loo bulky to carry in pockets..

as far as the other specs are concerned, If Tizen was on board they would have named differently like "Bada with T" :)

I think Paul's gonna win this guess game..

Guest Davidoff59

I agree with Paul except 2 GB ram, and both a 16GB and a 32 GB option. Screen will be 4.8 full HD resolution, edge to edge screen or very close to it, nfc, 12mp back camera with 1.3mb front and wireless charging to be a bit innovative.

No micro SD and non removable battery.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.