About MoDaCo Custom ROMs
MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.
In order to use this ROM you must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed, which can be found in this post by Sebastian404.
The ROM is installed at your own risk. The ROM should be installed using ClockworkMod. A wipe IS NOT required. BACK UP YOUR DEVICE BEFORE INSTALLATION!
Features Include... (many optional via the Online Kitchen) - check kitchen defaults for what is in the prebake:
Rebuilt, compressed and optimised with the MCR build system
- Based on the B888 release
- Includes a fix for the serious security issue that affects the stock ROM
- Fully rebuilt with the MCR build system for improved speed and reduced size
- All Google and third party components updated to the latest releases
- Additional Vodafone apps moved from /data to /system/app to free up valuable storage space
- Added stock Android launcher option
- Added stock Lockscreen option
- Superuser application and su binary from Chainfire (SuperSU) for SAFE root functionality
- Not odexed
- Insecure boot image
- init.d support
- OdexMe for on demand odexing
- Much much much more!
I'm pleased to announce that the Gr2 B888 kitchen now includes 'PartitionSwap' support.
When baking a ROM you can now choose to leave your partition layout intact (no change, no device wipe) or you can choose from two partitioning options. The first is 'stock' which is used to revert to the stock layout if you have used the second options, which is 'swapped'.
In the stock - factory - configuration, the device has a ~750MB data partition and a ~2GB internal SD card partition. This is a bit pointless if you're using the microSD slot, the space would be more valuable on data. SO...
In the swapped configuration, the device has a ~2GB data partition and a ~750MB internal SD partition.
Bear in mind that selecting a PartitionSwap option in the kitchen wipes both the data and internal SD partitions.
When the partitions are in the swapped configuration, this will also affect use of the recovery image, so both options flash a new recovery. The stock configuration flashes sebastian404's clockworkmod version, the swapped configuration flashes a modified version of this pointing to the correct partitions.
You can backup before flashing your PartitionSwap update zip, but remember to restart recovery before doing the restore (you need to do so to load the modified recovery image).
Please see 2 posts below this one for the changelog.
To install this ROM:
- Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to the sd card (/sdcard/)
- Restart your device in recovery mode (power on holding
- PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
- Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to the internal sd card!
First boot may take a while - be patient while it carries out it's pre-dexopt. It's worth it!
Please do not mirror these packs elsewhere, I am counting downloads to determine which prebakes are most popular and should be offered in the future.
- Gr2 release - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: 70009f868dad0e6e80fb4e632e377b5e
- an online kitchen is also available below for you to bake a Custom Custom ROM.
If you have any questions, please post in the topic and I will do my best to help!
It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.
Future Updates - READ THIS!
By providing this ROM I am not implying in any way that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).
If you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo subscription!