Internal sdcard = 2GB, Internal /data = ~750MB - swap?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Update: PartitionSwap is now available in MoDaCo Custom ROM! :) See this post for details!

Just an idea... Internal sdcard = 2GB, Internal /data = ~750MB - maybe we should swap them around to give more space for apps on /data? Thoughts?

P

Guest FrankieADZ

nice 1 :D

quick...get a 32gb card in there :D lol

think I may well buckle and get 1 this weekend, depending on if the shop in Leicester have it :)

Guest leemann

Coming from a blade. I'm spoilt for storage capacity already. I guess you can never have enough storage, or options though. On the blade I was always juggling apps and moving stuff to the SD card, but I've not had to do this so far. Is it even possible to fill up 1.8gb with apps ?

Guest PaulOBrien

Coming from a blade. I'm spoilt for storage capacity already. I guess you can never have enough storage, or options though. On the blade I was always juggling apps and moving stuff to the SD card, but I've not had to do this so far. Is it even possible to fill up 1.8gb with apps ?

Hell yeah. ;)

P

Guest alhimyaa

How do you do this?? Sounds good. And i have bought a 16gb micro sd card, not really sure why. Hadn't noticed there was an internal 2gb sd. What would you advise on storage of apps. Stick to the internal storage, swap them like you did now or move all the apps to my 16gb micro sd which is still in its package. This is my first smart phone so kind of a newbie at the moment.

Guest FrankieADZ

How do you do this?? Sounds good. And i have bought a 16gb micro sd card, not really sure why. Hadn't noticed there was an internal 2gb sd. What would you advise on storage of apps. Stick to the internal storage, swap them like you did now or move all the apps to my 16gb micro sd which is still in its package. This is my first smart phone so kind of a newbie at the moment.

i tend to move apps that arent running on my homescreens to my SD card....eg twitter,facebook. Them sorta things.

Guest FrankieADZ
No i meant making the 2gb the internal storage and 786mb the sd.

oh. sorry, paul kniws..still waiting on how. he's a busy chap. so we'll wait :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest irhobby

Talk is cheap, so...

smile.png

P

Hallo Paul,

How is possible to do this? :-) I want to change also internal sdcard with Internal /data...

Thank you,

Edited by irhobby

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SolitaryCZ

Would this work for g300 too?

I don't see deep enough into Android, but I do know Linux well enough. It should work, fstab shouldn't be device specific thing... it says where do you want to mount your partitions. It has little bit different semantics than fstab on GNU/Linux but it looks basically the same.

Guest tom.koval

Is there any option for a fix-update some sort instead of cooking thru kitchen ?

It is accessible only to premium members anyway.

Tom

Guest pelago

As I understand it, the internal SD card is not used if you plug in an external SD card. If so, is it possible to use the entire ~2.75 GB for internal storage? I'm just thinking it would be nice to not let the ~750 MB go to waste. You would have to warn people that this would mean that you couldn't take any photos or add any music without an external SD card, though.

Also, is there really just one memory "chip" (probably part of the SoC) in the G300? I'm coming from the non-Android Nokia N900 which had two different types of memory inside - a fast small one (256 MB NAND) for the OS and a much larger one (32 GB eMMC) for data storage which wasn't as fast.

What type/size of memory chip does the G300 use?

Edited by pelago

Guest Mtman1
Wonder if the internal sd card can be expanded to something bigger?

Like mounting an external SD card to the internal one? So if you had a 8gb SD card you would have 8750mb and 2gb data? That would be cool....