The ZTE Mimosa X in china !! updated 10/05

Guest zhanke

Guest tillaz

The Huawei Ascend P1 is going to be expensive - £370 sim free and I doubt Vodafone are going to knock much off that http://reviews.cnet....eview-50008660/

cant see that selling many at £370.... its only dual core

the era will be about £250, its using the same build strategie as the nexus 7 tablet... all thanks to nvidia

some info on nvidia's Kia platform

http://www.androidau...rtphones-99733/

Guest Sir_Didymus

cant see that selling many at £370.... its only dual core

the era will be about £250, its using the same build strategie as the nexus 7 tablet... all thanks to nvidia

some info on nvidia's Kia platform

http://www.androidau...rtphones-99733/

Any idea when the ZTE Era might land?? Still got £200 put away for a phone and wouldn't mind paying that little bit extra for something with the ZTE Era specs.

Guest Sebastian404

I had a play with one today, according to the guy on the stand, its out 1st of August EXCLUSIVE to Phones4U.

Oddly the guy in the Virgin Media store said it was going to be in stock 30th July EXCLUSIVE to Virigin Media

I wonder if there is going to be two different versions...

Guest Sebastian404

oh btw, anyone who's interested in that sort of thing ,the ZTE's name for the Grand X is P943F..

Previous devices have been around the P7xx range, with only the Arthur/Warp in the n8xx range...

Not sure what that means.. but thought I'd mention it

Guest Sir_Didymus

Is 512mb of RAM going to kill of any hope of decent multitasking? Seems a daft pairing dual core and 512mb.

Yeah I was kinda wondering the same thing. Wondering if it will make much difference on this phone with it having only 512mb rom. Need to see a good video review of the phone showcasing the browser and general use. Just hope Stevelitchfield on YouTube isn't the one reviewing it. He'll be dissing it for not running Symbian or not having a 41mp camera.

Guest trueno2k
What about this one? ACER LIQUID GALLANT DUO for only 150 pounds !!!!

From what I've read about Chinese SOC processors is that they use 1 faster & 1 slower cpus and combine them to achieve that required single core speed, so technically they are using dual cores but not at same speed they are specified...

I'll be looking forward to seeing how they perform compare to other proper single core smart phones, especially as they have an extra 512MB of ram compared to other low enders...

2pence done... :P

Edited by trueno2k

Guest trueno2k

Well, imo, for the money, it's probably one of the best handsets at this price... Although it's all about the experience & usability, if the device doesn't feel well made & it doesn't perform snappy then that's just an epic fail in my eyes!...

[Q] Do you think the Grand X be locked down to Virginmobile or will it be able to take T-Mobile & Orange sim cards?... I heard that these three companies have joined the MBNL on the Everything Everywhere scheme, but I'm not sure whether that will entitle you to be able to switch sims or just be able to switch network operator signals when your own operator loses signal!?... I do hope sims aren't locked down as I'm thinking of changing to T-Mobile when my current contract has ended ( providing my current provider can not price match T-Mobile's offers ) and hope to try out the Grand X ( by getting on PAYG ) sometime in the future ( for hacks / modding, & custom rom testing )...

Guest ropin

does anyone know how much the zte era or huawei ascend p1 will be. i reckon they will be better for the price.

and do you reckon the 512mb of ram will really affect the speed of the phone (multitasking)

Edited by ropin

Guest trueno2k

It all depends on which type of RAM they used for the device!... If it's DDR2 then there will be some lag involved & also you won't be able to keep running lots & lots of apps in the background due to the limited amount of RAM provided... DDR3 RAM will make things more snappy but is still not perfect, and again due to the limited amount of RAM the device will eventually start lagging each time the OS needs to swap in&out of background processes but only if the processor isn't a capable SOC though...

Sorry no information on prices for the ERA & Ascend P1...

Guest ropin

i think if this phone has enough development and a JB rom is released then i think the phone would be great at the price. im hoping the lag wont be too bad.

Guest ocirnes

does anyone know how much the zte era or huawei ascend p1 will be.

You can buy the P1 for 400 € (~310 £) in Germany -- too much for a dual-core phone if you ask me...

Edited by ocirnes

Guest everett_psycho
[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16veP3Mi48E&feature=player_detailpage

lol this is why people should not take youtube reviews seriously...

she says there are much better handsets out there for the money (£189.99) ???

this idiot dose not know what she is talking about... there is no other tegra 2 / dual core phone in the uk at that price lol

Isn't the Sony xperia u dual core and only £190? It is only a 3.5 inch screen but it is dual core. And for all its problems the LG o2x can be had for this much, as can the older Motorola's, heck the razr was selling for £250 last week

Guest Sir_Didymus

A slightly better quick review on the Grand X

Don't know what to do. Should I buy one? Should I wait for the Era?? Lol hate that feeling.

Guest hecatae

Dual core will be the new low end. Huawei g330 has already been seen with a msm8225.

Tegra2 is from the froyo era, chipsets is quite old, would hate to see the kernel hacks used to get it booting.

Guest tillaz

tegra 2 is bar far the leading brand for dual core smartphone's...

you don't see any other chip sets that have advanced versions of a game for there GPU.. only tegra 2 / 3

also, don't let the 512mb of ram put you off, my o2x has the same specs really, and i have no lag at all

but my opinion would be to wait for the era and pay £250

just like i said here http://www.modaco.co...5/#entry1969541

in june that the mimosa x would be £189.99 in the uk and no one believed me....

if you don't believe me about the era just take a look at the nexus 7 table and its price ;)

or just wait and see lol