dragpyre

dragpyre

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Devices:kumquat, grouper
  • Twitter:@dragpyre

from what ive read on here, peopl are saying u cant downgrade, the B888 upgrade changes the partition sizes or something...which some(& me) are speculating could be for the reported ICS update they say about

I've successfully flashed back from B888 to B882. bricked my phone whilst doing it, but then unbricked it and now running B882 again!

Posted Image

If you like one of my posts, or if it helps you out, vote it up! :)

(now updated device list and added twitter. Come stalk me ;) )

BLaZiNgSPEED

BLaZiNgSPEED

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

phone isnt rooted and was basically out of the box, did the official update 2 B885. All was fine then i installed Dolphin Hd and it froze. Pulled the battery and on restart it said a couple of errors then started up and i had to go thru setup of market and all vodafone stuff was completley gone. Seems fine, weird how everything is gone tho

You applied B885 Asura Vodafone version? Are you sure the vodafone stuff were completely gone? In my case when I installed the official B885 Asura Vodafone update from the phone using WiFi all the Vodafone bloatware was still there.

I don't know how pulling the battery and restarting it could get rid of the vodafone stuff. :P

FrankieADZ

FrankieADZ

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

I've successfully flashed back from B888 to B882. bricked my phone whilst doing it, but then unbricked it and now running B882 again!

how did u do that?

dragpyre

dragpyre

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Devices:kumquat, grouper
  • Twitter:@dragpyre

how did u do that?

Installed CWM via fastboot, booted into it, removed SD card, wiped ALL partitions, rebooted back into CWM, reinserted SD card with B882 stock ROM on it, flashed zip from SD card, rebooted and all done :)!

Posted Image

If you like one of my posts, or if it helps you out, vote it up! :)

(now updated device list and added twitter. Come stalk me ;) )

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 4S Xiaocai X9 THL W200
Yeah you can flash stock system files stock boot.img etc I knew that much as I've done it too. Its not a full downgrade but as close as were going to get.

jezwelshmun

jezwelshmun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g300

You applied B885 Asura Vodafone version? Are you sure the vodafone stuff were completely gone? In my case when I installed the official B885 Asura Vodafone update from the phone using WiFi all the Vodafone bloatware was still there.

I don't know how pulling the battery and restarting it could get rid of the vodafone stuff. :P

jezwelshmun

jezwelshmun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g300
yeh mate, all vodafone stuff completley gone. after it froze i had error screen about mounting sd card and data then had to reinstall and update loads of things, googlemarket, maps, search etc. dunno wtf happened

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
  • Devices:OSD
I have updated to B885 this morning only my volume has not increased one bit ?
In about phone it says B885 so update was successful.
Maybe I am too used to my dolby sound on skate,but it just seems so low still.

edit: Ok after a reboot it seems to be louder,very impressive device for the money :D

Edited by jikobutsu, 14 May 2012 - 07:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users