66 replies to this topic

shmizan

shmizan

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
exactly what I was thinking.. I will never buy a phone from ZTE again, just because of their lame attempts at pleasing us with that crap they called kernel source

Orange San Francisco, Upgraded to Gen 2 with TPT Helper (custom partition layout: 150-sys, 302-data, 4-cache)
CyanogenMod 10

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 3, Alcatel OT995

Zte, open? :blink:

Pfffttt....

you got to be kiddin' me! :P

No, Tom, i am not joking, they have not only left their firmware so open that it's possible to program for it and unlock any phone, they have also left it open so that you can do a TPT with whatever settings you'd like.

try that on a Samsung or a HTC and report back to me.

I used to program for the Mini and the G5, this is a heaven of open code in comparison.

t0mm13b

t0mm13b

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts
  • Devices:GT-S8500,Zte Blade,SE ST15i
  • Twitter:@t0mm13b

No, Tom, i am not joking, they have not only left their firmware so open that it's possible to program for it and unlock any phone, they have also left it open so that you can do a TPT with whatever settings you'd like.

try that on a Samsung or a HTC and report back to me.

I used to program for the Mini and the G5, this is a heaven of open code in comparison.

Am laughing at such naivety coming from you!

Zte made that Blade a big major mistake... left it wide open,

now, they've wised up! ;)

Since you were not around at the time of the kernel source fiasco nor when Zte PR was on the forum who sailed off never to be seen again! (Don't recall seeing your posts anywhere at that time)

... just sayin' ;)

Edited by t0mm13b, 26 July 2012 - 06:13 PM.

try{ not_laugh; }catch{ FAIL; }finally{ laugh; }

ayziaa

ayziaa

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4, LG G Pad
  • Twitter:@Ayziaa
It seems like differents version of the device exists. The one available in china has a 3.2 mpx camera, but few version availabe in italy, belgium or germany from the link you gave me on your post show a 5mpx camera. So it possible that in europe the device will be sold with a 5mpx camera. I don't know if the price will be about 120 euros, maybe something like 150.

Edited by ayziaa, 30 July 2012 - 09:36 AM.

Android folder music player for holo lovers :https://play.google....=fr.ayziaa.App2

Amaranthus

Amaranthus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Hi guys, I'm a Acer Liquid Metal owner. What could happen if I try to flash this ROM? Phones are very similar.

AROdame

AROdame

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
not bad

96frozen

96frozen

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Hi guys, I'm a Acer Liquid Metal owner. What could happen if I try to flash this ROM? Phones are very similar.

See for yourself. Trololol

ROM: CM10 by KonstaT

CWM: GEN2 CWM 6.0.1.1 by Snap.IT

Thank all of the developers topics, rate them 5 stars, they are the people who are keeping your cellphone alive.

Thanks to KonstaT, Snap.IT, tilal6991, daemond, Ganster (this guy is specially awesome for fixing OMX on 4.x ROMS), burstlam and many others that I can't think of right now :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users