Ir1 IMM76I - Samsung Galaxy Nexus Stock ROM DUO [Deodexed-Updated-Optimised]

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

This is a repack of the stock ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM, the most recent release at the time of writing - IMM76I.

Features...

• Deodexed
  • All components Updated to the latest versions
  • Optimised with the MCR build system for
  • Rooted with insecure boot image
    A kitchen for this will follow shortly. This will also form the basis for my MoDaCo Custom ROM.

This image is for flashing via ClockworkMod recovery, and is used at your own risk! Always back up before flashing!
    • Ir1 IMM76I DUO - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: c6a052d949b2f2cdfdbec239ce8c8499
    • Enjoy! :)

P

PS If you find this useful, please consider signing up for a MoDaCo subscription!

Guest Brembo109

i think there are many people who will say "hurra" about the return of you and your gnex modaco rom. welcome back. hurra ;-)

Guest Cathal Garrad

TIL:

Deodexing means you convert it back to a .dex file and put it back inside the apk. This allows you to easily replace files without having to worry about odexes.

(Hope thats correct ;-))

Guest hsmade

Tried this rom, wiped only the cache. When started up, I have no buttons (home, back, setings). I'll wait for the kitchen ;o)

*edit*

After a full wipe, buttons are there. Still I'll wait for the kitchen, as I want the battery circlemod :P

Edited by hsmade

Guest nico1375

Tried this rom, wiped only the cache. When started up, I have no buttons (home, back, setings). I'll wait for the kitchen ;o)

You need to perform a full wipe I guess. Happened to me also when wiping cache only...

Guest Brembo109

I think there is no difference between this rom and the coming kitchen one, because this is also mcr optimized. The Kitchen only brings the Feature to include mods and exclude crap you dont want to have.

Guest marcuso

This will be the base for my next MCR refresh. :)

P

@Paul:

any ETA for this ? .. its urgently needed becaus of this: http://www.modaco.com/topic/348909-4-apr-ir13-imm76d-404-cdma-gsm-modaco-custom-rom-for-the-galaxy-nexus/page__st__2520__p__1953754#entry1953754.

(And maybe you can also have a look why this happens at all ... if there is someone to understand and "fix2 - its you ! ;-)

Guest davidalow44

+1

Is a full wipe required coming from ir12 ?

I had to do a full wipe coming from ir12. I wasn't too impressed with the initial quadrant scores, so I changed the kernel to Franco's Milestone3, which was still on the sdcard. Much better.

Guest comicbookguy

OK, a couple of questions:

I'm currently running ir13 with Franco milestone 3 and my GNex has already been back for repair for a faulty power button. Its now 6 months old.

The vibrate motor seems to not be working, and I'm wondering if its more likely to be rom/kernel/settings related or another hardware issue?

I'm even considering re installing complete stock to try to fix it, but I'll have to do that anyway if its going for repair again :(

Also, I've been offered a cheap Sony Smartwatch and was wondering about gnex compatibility on mcr versus stock rom

Edit: went back to latest stock with stock kernel to try to sort out vibrate issues ( even haptic isnt working) with no success and it's POO compared to mcr.( tho battery life is much better than i remember) Waiting for the kitchen or r14 before flashing again tho.

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest jmagee

OK, a couple of questions:

I'm currently running ir13 with Franco milestone 3 and my GNex has already been back for repair for a faulty power button. Its now 6 months old.

The vibrate motor seems to not be working, and I'm wondering if its more likely to be rom/kernel/settings related or another hardware issue?

I'm even considering re installing complete stock to try to fix it, but I'll have to do that anyway if its going for repair again :(

Also, I've been offered a cheap Sony Smartwatch and was wondering about gnex compatibility on mcr versus stock rom?

Check the vibrate option hasn't been turned off. I don't mean this in an offensive way. Just in an "it happened to me" way. Noticed it had stopped vibrating on IR13 and that's because it was turned of in the messaging app.

On another note anyone any ideas about fixing GPS fixes? They seem to be taking longer and longer at the minute. I've also noticed my phone rebooting itself a few time recently. Really really looking forward to the kitchen being up for this new one. I keep trying others and coming back to this.

Is it likely that franco kernel is affecting the GPS more than the ROM?

Guest Sn0warmy

When will the kitchen be up for this ROM?

At the rate updates have been getting released lately, I'd expect it sometime in late August. ;)

Guest jmagee

I don't understand really, normally the kitchens are up before the prebakes. I tried the prebake and just didn't like it far too bland. Maybe the kitchen should be up?

Guest ethicalstrategy

This is the one I'm waiting for.

Tried the One X (which just got a kitchen and pre bakes) but it doesn't compete well with the GNex.