• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts
I want to know how to open the back cover of the Huawei Ascend g300 easily, without scratching the phone. I have opened it only once and chipped the opening a little. It is not very noticeable but i don't want to make it any bigger. If there is any way to open it easily, please tell me.

thanks.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

feckineejit

feckineejit

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE, Huawei G300
i find if you have a decent thumb nail, just put it in the opening and slide your thumb around the edge

Posted Image

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
I use a wooden knife believe it or not. Something plastic would work too.

skw2

skw2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
put a cloth (eg t-shirt) between your finger nail and the opening.

BLaZiNgSPEED

BLaZiNgSPEED

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Yeah I scratched mine a tiny bit too, also not that noticeable on the very thin edge between the inside gap of where you open it. It's in that exact same location as what the OP describes. I felt a little gutted when that happened.
Opening the case of this phone can be a struggle at times. This is probably the hardest back cover case to open of any mobile phone I've had... Probably my only complaint about this phone..

I guess if in future the back cover becomes really scratched. You can buy a replacement for 5-6 pounds. I believe in 4-6 months time you'll find them for cheaper now and that way you can replace your old cover. :)

Edited by BLaZiNgSPEED, 14 May 2012 - 02:21 PM.

dancg

dancg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

put a cloth (eg t-shirt) between your finger nail and the opening.

Love that one. +1 :)

I have to say that it took me about 30 min to open the back cover the first time. I didn't even know how was it suppose to be opened.

wjc

wjc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
Hi. At first it was difficult to open for me. Now its a lot easier. The technique is (assuming phone is lying flat with back cover facing up) to lift the slot vertically without applying any horizontal force. Any horizontal force will cause the locking clips to have a tighter grip. I found out too late and the paint around my slot has marked.

Thar

Thar

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Hi. At first it was difficult to open for me. Now its a lot easier. The technique is (assuming phone is lying flat with back cover facing up) to lift the slot vertically without applying any horizontal force. Any horizontal force will cause the locking clips to have a tighter grip. I found out too late and the paint around my slot has marked.

Thank you! I can't believe it really was that easy. After marking our first G300 I was determined to find a way to get it off without marking the second one! This should be stickied :)

0066ad

0066ad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Thank you, so simple

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users