Better audio quality when recording video?

Guest ManOfSteal

Guest SolitaryCZ

Awesome,... finally usable camcorder. Is there anyway how to tell that this app is new main camera app? So I could jump into the app right from the unlocking screen if I choose so?

EDIT

jikobutsu: I don't know how about that paid version, but (in free) you actually can't change video bitrate, or resolution, or framerate... changing resolution will usually make it unstable and crash, or it will take video but with default resolution 800x480, bitrate is always default 2Mbit/s. I tried whatever up to 10Mbit/s, but final videos are still only ~1900kbps (2Mbit/s), same with framerate ... always 29.97, but it won't crash, so you actually can think that you are recording with that settings., but you are not. But I seriously doubt that paid version is any different as it is probably device issue (hardware/firmware).

What you can change is video codec (H263 or Mpeg4), and audio... AAC, 44,1khz and 320kbps is working like a charm.

Edited by SolitaryCZ

Guest Davidoff59

In media profiles.XML, it has this line.

FIXME:

We do not check decoder capabilities at present

At present, we only check whether windows media is visible

for TEST applications. For other applications, we do

not perform any checks at all.

Could this be why its bad as its not tested?

Guest armin74

I don't know how about that paid version, but (in free) you actually can't change video bitrate, or resolution, or framerate... changing resolution will usually make it unstable and crash, or it will take video but with default resolution 800x480, bitrate is always default 2Mbit/s. I tried whatever up to 10Mbit/s, but final videos are still only ~1900kbps (2Mbit/s), same with framerate ... always 29.97, but it won't crash, so you actually can think that you are recording with that settings., but you are not. But I seriously doubt that paid version is any different as it is probably device issue (hardware/firmware).

What you can change is video codec (H263 or Mpeg4), and audio... AAC, 44,1khz and 320kbps is working like a charm.

I only use the free app, but I can change everything (including bitrate, framerate, etc). No crushes. Video resolution always 800x480. H.264 is not working.

I have original B885.

Edited by armin74

Guest armin74

I only use the free app, but I can change everything (including bitrate, framerate, etc). No crushes. Video resolution always 800x480. H.264 is not working.

I have original B885.

I'm sorry, you was right. Video bitrate remains at 2Mbs

I recorded my cousin DJ playing last night,and I noticed that the lg camera app although the sound is better than stock camera,the video is not!

There is a blur effect if you even move the camera slightly whereas stock camera records stable,anyone else notice this ?

Its like lg camera is not shooting at 30 frames ?

edit: windows has confirmed it,videos showing at a terrible 7 frames per second :o

Edited by Guest

Guest armin74

LgCameraPro: Video: MPEG4 Video 800x480 29.76fps 2008kbps Audio: AAC 48000Hz stereo 51kbps [Audio]

Stock camera: Video: MPEG4 Video 800x480 29.70fps 1992kbps Audio: 0x6173 8000Hz mono 5kbps [Audio]

I think video quality is the same, only audio makes the difference.

edit: tried also on H.263 code, same video quality i think:

Video: S263 800x480 29.97fps 1991kbps Audio: AAC 48000Hz stereo 51kbps [Audio]

video bitrate cannot be changed, in any case.

Edited by armin74

Guest SolitaryCZ

jikobutsu: I think that bad lighting conditions are the problem... you can immediately see it through the LCD view that video framerate had seriously dropped (making that blur effect while you move). It has to do something with exposure I guess... if you check -12 exposure compensation it won't happen... you will of course have very dark video, but because there aren't big lighting differences it won't make those lighting corrections. But I must say that default camera app does it too...

Just looking at camera specs in android system info and it says video supported resolution is up to 864x480......don't know if that's been mentioned yet.

So I tested at that resolution in LG camera,and it does indeed record at that resolution,I checked the recorded video properties.Yeah its only an extra 64 but surely it will make a small increase in quality.

Edited by Guest

Guest SolitaryCZ

I seriously doubt that 64px will make any visible difference in quality... only real difference is in screen aspect ratio and video being more wider because of it... and playback on the phone will have black lines as widescreen video. So I don't really see any positive note to it.

Yeah your probably right as I don't see any real difference in quality.

Hopefully someone will figure out how to get 720p working,as with the hardware we have it is possible,other devices have managed it so why not us.

If you read about the s1 snapdragon on Qualcomm's site,it says our CPU chip has the capability for 720p

Also,something else I found.In lg camera app,if you select action scene mode,you dont get a blur effect,the results a very clear in a low light environment.

Edited by Guest

Desire hd does 720 recording with a Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon 1ghz processor.

They enabled 720p on the original desire too as far as I remember. So its most likely possible.

The desire has camera similar to ours,same 5mp I know that much.

Look here and you see the camera specs of desire(it also states 720p was achieved via update)possibly something we could get with ICS update.

http://www.gsmarena....desire-3077.php

We have the hardware to support 720p camera & cpu wise.

Also look here at S1 Snapdragon where you can see Desire & G300 in same processor type: http://www.qualcomm....sets/snapdragon

Edited by Guest

Guest Davidoff59

I mean the camera hardware itself. 5mp is just a marketing gimmick really and there is so much more to it like image sensor etc.

Guest tilal6991

Nope. The camera sensor only determines the quality of the video not the resolution. With a bit of tweaking 720p should be possible.

Guest ManOfSteal

On a related note, are there any apps that are able to stream high quality video *and audio* live online? I've used Justin TV and Ustream apps in the past (on my Desire), but there were no options to adjust the audio quality (so it was dire).

Guest SolitaryCZ

Also,something else I found.In lg camera app,if you select action scene mode,you dont get a blur effect,the results a very clear in a low light environment.

Yes, that works... it turns off that auto-compensation, but I don't know why... after I start the app again its very dark, if you skip to "auto" and let it auto-correct lighting and then jump back to "action" its better, it gets dark again (of course), but not that dark as if you start the app right into "action mode".

Ah, ok... its because of focus, if you refocus it, it will catch the light better. Btw, I noticed that auto focus does not work with video recording, it needs to be set up on continuous-video, otherwise you will have only one focus point - the one you got when you focused and started shooting, everything else will be out of focus.

Also look here at S1 Snapdragon where you can see Desire & G300 in same processor type: http://www.qualcomm....sets/snapdragon

Dammit, I thought that MSM7227A (which is in G300) is 45nm...

It seems that G300 was kinda prematurely released, it just not complete yet (volume, button problems)... but I am afraid that this maybe isn't a bug or incomplete implementation, but rather "feature". If the hardware is capable then let's be honest, this phone is rather fine piece of hardware for very cheap price and Huawei certainly doesn't want it to compete with its own portfolio. I think this could be intentional. Lot of companies make their lower-end products artificially worse. So let's hope someone will unlock it's true capabilities, whatever they might be.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Rico_89

Tried the LGCamera and have to say that the audio is a huge improvement.

I've never uploaded to Youtube (any advice welcome) so I think I may have made a mistake somewhere as the video looks/sounds better on my PC. Anyway view it on your phone and it's not too bad, maybe mp4 isn't the best format for converting to youtube.

LGCamera Audio test; Looks better from your G300:

[media=]

• 2 months later...