Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 4S Xiaocai X9 THL W200
Just to prove I'm not talking crap...

Interesting, I intsalled the B884 update, which fixed the voume

Just don't like people saying I'm wrong without backing it up. Especially when I know what I've read. Plus I think I may have installed B884 first too.

Edit: Sorry If that seems really defensive, it comes across that way reading it back. And I am aware of the strange issue where the Voda B884 build was still quiet versus stock B884 which fixed it!

Edited by Frankish, 29 May 2012 - 10:10 PM.

BLaZiNgSPEED

BLaZiNgSPEED

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
I would like to see from where you are quoting that from! You just wrote that as a quote without any evidence. I would like the original poster that mentioned that. As clicking on that quote doesn't bring back to who originally posted that.

Even flibblesan mentioned that ROMS higher than B885 are the ones that fix the volume issue.
http://www.modaco.co...via-ota-update/
Here's a thread I also found. Low volume issue officially fixed via over the air update. That update is B885 and not B884.
Here's to quote from Huawei Device UK facebook page. https://www.facebook...deviceuk?ref=ts

An over the air (OTA) update B885 is now available that fixes the low volume issues. The update is 14MB in size and takes about 2 minutes to install.

Update process:
1. Open settings
2. Scroll down to 'About phone'
3. Choose 'Online upgrade'
4. Choose 'Firmware upgrade'

This will download the update and it can be installed immediately or at a later date.

We don't want those with the low volume issue to update with B884 and then update to the custom B888 ROM and then complain on the forums that it still hasn't fixed their low volume issue!

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
I went from stock straight to B888 leaked rom from that Russian site and sound was fixed.

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 4S Xiaocai X9 THL W200

I would like to see from where you are quoting that from! You just wrote that as a quote without any evidence. I would like the original poster that mentioned that. As clicking on that quote doesn't bring back to who originally posted that.

Even flibblesan mentioned that ROMS higher than B885 are the ones that fix the volume issue.
http://www.modaco.co...via-ota-update/
Here's a thread I also found. Low volume issue officially fixed via over the air update. That update is B885 and not B884.
Here's to quote from Huawei Device UK facebook page. https://www.facebook...deviceuk?ref=ts

We don't want those with the low volume issue to update with B884 and then update to the custom B888 ROM and then complain on the forums that it still hasn't fixed their low volume issue!

The quote should say sebastians name? He posted it in the ow volume issue thread. Of course it's an unofficial update but that was the original fix. B884 and B886 roms were uncovered at the same time. So updating to B884 then flashing custom B888 would be fine... Just because flibblesan mentioned it doesn't mean he is right, of course B885 was the OFFICIAL update that fixed the volume issue I'm not contesting that.

Interesting, I intsalled the B884 update, which fixed the voume, and then I restored my debranded ROM (based on B882) and the volume fix still seems in place, so it seems the fix has something to do with something thats outside the scope of the normal system (AudioFilter.csv is identical)..

still, job done

I'll leave it at that now as it's quite a redundant argument with the official update out.

Edited by Frankish, 29 May 2012 - 11:15 PM.

jerry69

jerry69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi guys!

I have got B885 update done over the air with firmware update and I am still unhappy with the volume. I have got a few songs I want to use as ring tones and the volume is much lower when someone rings me than when I listen to the same track over the audio player. I assume the volume level should be the same when being called or listening the audio player. Is that correct? Also, I believe the B885 update makes the option of increasing volume disappear from the menu as I haven't got it. Any ideas?

Chazmeister

Chazmeister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
I think under B885 the option is called Ascending Volume and under B888 it is Increasing Volume and will be found under Sound Settings/Incoming Calls. I presume you've done the obvious thing and held the power button down and restarted the phone?

The B885 did the trick sound wise for me whilst I was on it. But it still left the touch screen and capacitive buttons feeling unresponsive. Something going up to the B888 rom from this thread http://www.modaco.co...ad-link-inside/, fixed for me. Going to B888, for me completely transformed the phone. Sound problems all fixed, much better touch response and all the Vodafone bloatware totally erased. It will format the internal phone memory during install though, so plop an SD card in and backup anything you want to keep first.

pelago

pelago

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Nokia N900
For me, in B885, I see "Increasing ringtone" in Settings, Sound, in the Incoming calls section, just underneath the Phone ringtone selection.

jerry69

jerry69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I haven't got any other option than 'phone ringtone'. I remember I did have it but it has dissapeared after going to b885. volume issue remains for me even with b885 although I use music tracks instead of ringtones. Why these tracks sound very loud while being played with music player and incredibly low when someone rings?

pelago

pelago

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Nokia N900
Does the "Increasing ringtone" option reappear if you pick one of the stock ringtones instead of a music track, I wonder?

SWIM

SWIM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
can someone post an idiots guide to installing a rom.
do I download it on to my tablet,then transfer to phone?
or do I download straight to phone?
all info gratefully received.

Edited by SWIM, 31 May 2012 - 06:31 PM.

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
If you have clockwork mod installed and your downloading a zip file, download straight to phone. If its a stock rom,I think it needs to be unzipped so best downloading to pc.

SWIM

SWIM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
sorry,whats a clockwork mod?

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
Its a different recovery with more options. Stock recovery which comes with the phone is limited to stop people messing up their phone basically. Clockwork mod opens up these options so you can back up the phone and flash custom roms.

I would do a bit of reading before doing anything to be honest or else you will get stuck and need some time consuming one to one advice if something goes wrong. It's interesting to read about android anyway and you will be learning stuff along the way.

Adb will be needed also and explaining it will confuse the hell out of you but when you have it installed and you are following instructions in a post, then it all makes sense.

Go on Google and do some searches and go from there.

dakid1235

dakid1235

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:HUAWEI ASCEND G300
Did anyone figure out how to fun the missing Increasing/Ascending ringtone option. It is really annoying me.

I am on a 8815 rom updated manually by selecting to do so on my phone when i bought it.

Please help!

glasgowdave

glasgowdave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Huawai Ascend G300
I am finding the volume is still very low and am missing the ascending/increasing volume option. I did the OTA update as soon as I got the phone.
Build number on phone status says B885.
Still with stock rom but unlocked and rooted now.
Would it be worth trying to install another rom or should I take it back to vodaphone?

glasgowdave

glasgowdave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Huawai Ascend G300
updated to B888 and that fixed it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users