Bootloader unlock tool now available for Asus Transformer TF300

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

If you're looking to do a bit of low level tweaking on your Asus Transformer TF300 then we have good news. Asus have released their bootloader unlock tool for the tablet!

The utility, available for download from the Asus TF300 support page, WILL invalidate your warranty, something Asus are keen to make clear with this rather sinister warning...

Before you download, install, and use the Unlock Device App you acknowledge and assume complete risk to the quality and performance of this App, including but not limited to the following: once you activate the App you will not be able to recover your ASUS product (“Original Product”) back to original locked conditions; the Original Product with the activated App will not be deemed the Original Product; the Revised Product will no longer be covered under the warranty of the Original Product; the software of Revised Product will no longer be deemed the software of the Original Product and can no longer receive ASUS software updates; your purchased digital content may also be affected.

But, hey, fortune favours the brave right? ;)

Kudos to Asus for providing the tool, I do however feel like the warranty situation around bootloader unlocked devices is a bit too 'all or nothing' at the moment and i'd like to see a manufacturer approaching this in a more sensible fashion...

Click here to view the item

Guest rferrett

I wonder how this would actually stand up in law. I mean If you get some sort of software instability fin. But let's say the screen fell out or something surely that would have nothing to do with the boot unloader. I'd be interested to see what happened if oyu challenged this in that kind of a situation.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.