Photo

MCR - MoDaCo.one for the HTC One X Tegra 3 (Sense + Vanilla) - NEW: more Vanilla, TeamViewer QS + more

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

carthesis

carthesis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Devices:HTC One X (stock O2)
Hmm. I've had an issue with the ir5 release - baked a custom version (which has done nothing more than removing one or two standard apps I don't use like 'Stocks', and remove the unused languages), and installed it on my phone which previously had ir2 running perfectly.

Did a full 'SuperWipe' script clearout before install, and flashed the ROM through ClockworkMod.

Phone went into a bootloop where it'd get as far as the HTC boot image, sit there for 10 secs or so, then restart. Nandroided back to ir2 for now. Any clues? Options.txt below.

Your kitchen choices are shown below.

a

EddyOS

EddyOS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts
  • Devices:Google Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@dj_e1d
You have to manually flash the new boot.img othewise it'll boot loop

Google Nexus 4 (LG-E960)
ROM: Android 4.3 (JWR66V)
Bootloader: MAKOZ20i
Recovery: Stock
Radio: 2.0.1700.84
Kernel: Stock

carthesis

carthesis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

You have to manually flash the new boot.img othewise it'll boot loop

Ah - so Clockwork isn't flashing the boot.img as part of the ROM build? Curses. Can't do that at work - not allowed ADB.

Brembo109

Brembo109

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4, HTC One X
  • Twitter:@Brembo109

Ah - so Clockwork isn't flashing the boot.img as part of the ROM build? Curses. Can't do that at work - not allowed ADB.

Nope, because of the hox isn't s-off you have to flash ist manually ever time changing Rom or kernel

billydavey

billydavey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
For some reason the Google wallet application won't show on my phone in the list of apps, even though it was in my bake and appears in system/app directory, I've tried a few reboots and installing the rom again but I can't get it to show, any ideas?

sidsat20

sidsat20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:HTC One X (International)
  • Twitter:@sidsat20
Great work on Ir5 Paul. Really loving the latest Vanilla prebake.

I have noticed one problem. Any app that requires live 'my location' updating doesn't seem to work.
- Have experienced this problem with maps, I cannot get directions to any place as my phone constantly tells me that 'my current location is unavailable'.
- I have also come across this problem with a Google Now for ICS port that I had installed on my stock ROM (that worked great earlier).

I had no such issues with my stock ROM, and miss using my Maps app.
What do I do?

Thank you,
Sid

sidsat20

sidsat20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Is it just me with this issue? It is a little upsetting.
Also should I try and restore any system flies that may fix the situation?

I have noticed one problem. Any app that requires live 'my location' updating doesn't seem to work.
- Have experienced this problem with maps, I cannot get directions to any place as my phone constantly tells me that 'my current location is unavailable'.
- I have also come across this problem with a Google Now for ICS port that I had installed on my stock ROM (that worked great earlier).

I had no such issues with my stock ROM, and miss using my Maps app.
What do I do?

Thank you,
Sid

elaget

elaget

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Android fan and .net developer
  • Devices:HTC One X, Nexus 7
I am also experiencing some location related issues although not the one you are describing. Some times GPS does not get a fix until I reboot the phone.

Darren Richards

Darren Richards

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I had the location issue but only with WiFi networks, I got my location fine through GPS. I use Navigation all the time and works fine for me.

sidsat20

sidsat20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you for your responses, unfortunately I have not found a solution yet. Rebooting the phone didn't solve anything, and irrespective of my connection (3G or Wifi) my location cannot be found.

I get the pop-up "Your current location is temporarily unavailable". Never had this issue before.
It seems like my GPS just isn't working. I do get the sign signalling away in my status bar, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything meaningful really.

Mind you I am able to find locations on the maps app, but that is as good as searching for a place in google.
I have had this issue with the following apps: Navigation, Maps, Google Now, Local and Latitude.

Please do let me know if there is anything I can do to fix this.

Thank you,
Sid

vikings123

vikings123

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Devices:Liquid, Liquid Metal

P

Do I have to unlock my device first before I can root it?

Getting 50 is better than 60....

comicbookguy

comicbookguy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 4
Best guess What will happen when the OneX+ arrives? Will this ROM work on it and can it be reclocked to 1.7ghz? will new stuff be ported in? Will there be a new MCR for the new phone?

carthesis

carthesis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
Finally got around to updating to Ir5 last night - Superwipe, flash through Clockwork/ROM Manager, fastbooted the boot.img, all groovy.

Only one slight problem - the People app isn't picking up any contact info or pictures from Facebook.

Facebook app works fine. Friendstream picks up everything as it should. HTC Sense has been authorised by the FB app. I can share photos etc. through the 'Facebook for HTC Sense' option - all works fine, except the People app which isn't even picking up Facebook contacts as an option.

The one thing I haven't done is check to find out if Facebook have altered the security permissions without notification AGAIN... failing that, any ideas?

*** EDIT ***

Ok - in 'even weirder news':

I tried to restore a previous version (Ir2) from a ClockworkMod backup, because I couldn't remember if a restore also reflashes the boot.img (it doesn't).

The phone bootlooped a few times, and I realised that the boot.img wasn't the right version. Ho-hum.

Tried to do a restore to the version of Ir5 that I already had installed, which failed due to an MD5 checksum mismatch of all things.

At this point, I figured I'd just reinstall from the basic ROM, but didn't do a SuperWipe this time, although i did clear out the Dalvik cache before I started,

Rebooted, Android did the upgrade and optimisation thing, and is now working perfectly, with People-to-Facebook links intact. Bonzer.

Still doesn't explain why it wasn't working following the clean install the first time though.

Paul - don't know if you're still monitoring this thread, but if you are and want/need more info, let me know.

Edited by carthesis, 20 November 2012 - 10:34 AM.

declanc

declanc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, Photography, Phones and Gadgets
  • Devices:SGSII & Advent Vega
  • Twitter:@deccos
Paul, any word on a JellyBean version of MCR for the One X ? It seems that the carriers are rolling it out to handsets (I presume they were doing it before now in UK but we are finally catching up here in Ireland)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users