I am totallly newbie here, this is my first post. I am having some problem with my phone after some customization. Let me debrief the whole incident:
1. I updated my phone to stock gingerbread 2.3.3 yesterday night.
2. The phone information are as following:
Baseband version - I9000DDJV5
Kernel - 184.108.40.206-I9000XXJVO-CL182937se.infra@SEP-51 #2
Build number DDJV9
3. Then I flashed the phone with a rooted kernel, it was the same kernel just rooted additionally.
4. Superuser, tweaks and CWM got installed.
5. I took a back up of the system.
6. I flashed my phone with a Voodoo kernel.
And the problems started. They are not huge problems but still....
1. Superuser access revoked
2. Can enter CWM in recovery mode but not in normal mode. Cannot create any new backups.
3. Cannot enter Tweaks
4. Wallpapers not opening
5. I have not checked any other apps yet.
I restored my phone with previous back up but no good. Same problems persists. Also I cannot here the sound during booting.
Now I need suggestions for the following:
1. Should I get back to original 2.3.3 kernel and then root again? If yes, then how to do it?
2. Should I flash any other rom to resolve these issues?
3. I want to use Voodoo sound mod to enhance music experience, how should I do that?
Thanks for all of the suggestions.
Some additional update:
I did a restore and then wiped the cache and data and now I cannot receive any phonecalls/sms.
Guyz please suggest something how to get back to stock rom/resolve these issues.
Edited by simforgotten, 25 May 2012 - 11:24 AM.