In Russia, 'Parking Douche' names and shames!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

This is awesome... a new application by the name of 'Parking Douche' lets Russians snap pics of inconsiderately parked vehicles which are then displayed on a popular website going by the name of 'The Village', complete with geo-targetting to show perpetrators in your local area! :D

Use of the app is straightforward - simply grab your phone when you see someone 'parked like a douche', snap a pic, fill in a few bits of additional data and your entry is uploaded to the Parking Douche database. That data in turn then appears on The Village - a Moscow-based online newspaper - in the form of a banner that is removed by sharing the offending parking on a social media network!

The application itself looks pretty advanced - it even seems to include (based on the screenshots) number plate recognition.

I'm not sure if this kind of application would really be acceptable here in the UK (I love the concept though)... but heck, if we're recognising number plates, let's tie that into the DVLA database and REALLY name and shame.

OK, OK, maybe not... :D

[Article via: Mashable, video from lookatmespecials]

Click here to view the item

Guest MeX_DK

I would love to see that here. Taking a picture of someone parked on a disabled parking with no Disabled sticker and then the numberplate clearly visible :P. I can see the police having a field day with those.....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.