3 replies to this topic

Csharpe

Csharpe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire, AndyPad
After months of suffering, they finally released ICS ROMS for both of their versions.

Standard model: Download

Pro model: Download

As a modaco user, I suppose you guys know how to update already ;)
For those that aren't sure, here's their new instruction page: Tutorial

Expect a cleaned-up, rooted ROM from me soon, as 200mb roms are way too big to my standards.

Some specs:
  • Android 4.0.3
  • Kernel 3.0.8, compiled 2012/05/05
  • Getjar, no market
  • Haptic feedback is still enabled
  • Stock ICS (no overlay)
  • Very fluid interface
  • No more AndyApp
Happy flashing!

Edited by Csharpe, 27 May 2012 - 06:26 PM.

Posted Image

Joe Simpson

Joe Simpson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:LG 2X (P990), HTC Wildfire
  • Twitter:@kennydude
Awesome! I'm glad you're still working on it Csharpe! :D

I can't wait until we could get GApps (and possibly root) on this device.

Joe :)

kokotron

kokotron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:Nexus S, Andypad Pro
  • Twitter:@kokotron
I really like this rom, the lack of a market is kind of a drawback though. GetJar doesn't always work. Installing the Play Store manually makes it crash after a while. I found a temporary solution to the Aptoide (http://www.aptoide.com/index2.html) app, you should check it out :)

It also seems HDMI has been deprecated? I never used it but there's no option for it. Maybe it works out-of-the-box on ICS?

Csharpe, in case you make a rom with a working Android Play Store, would it be even possible to release 2 images, one rooted and one un-rooted? I read it's kind of risky to tie an account with a credit card attached to it on a rooted device, and I tend to buy apps every now and then. Just asking :)

Csharpe

Csharpe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire, AndyPad

I really like this rom, the lack of a market is kind of a drawback though. GetJar doesn't always work. Installing the Play Store manually makes it crash after a while. I found a temporary solution to the Aptoide (http://www.aptoide.com/index2.html) app, you should check it out :)

It also seems HDMI has been deprecated? I never used it but there's no option for it. Maybe it works out-of-the-box on ICS?

Csharpe, in case you make a rom with a working Android Play Store, would it be even possible to release 2 images, one rooted and one un-rooted? I read it's kind of risky to tie an account with a credit card attached to it on a rooted device, and I tend to buy apps every now and then. Just asking :)

In theory, it should still be as safe as usual, with Superuser installed, as long as you don't give permissions to any questionable software. But I understand your concern. I haven't had the time yet to look into the system files.

EDIT: Already got Android 4.0.4 test build running including face recognition and Google Play, but still have to fix some minor issues.

Edited by Csharpe, 26 May 2012 - 04:26 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users