44 replies to this topic

Pondlife

Pondlife

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Devices:nexus 7

The Xperia U probably gives you better value, but you do get a smaller (3.5) screen. Dual core, good camera, silly lighty-up thing at the bottom where the home etc buttons are.

With fixed size small memory too.

my two G300s are much less creaky than my two OSFs - but both those OSFs work fine after 18 months and too early to tell on G300

only complaint i have about G300 build is the screen on one of them was misaligned so you lose the top 4 rows. not sure if i could correct this, not going to risk opening it.

Thought the screen alignment was found to be a software issue and was ok on recent firmwares so definitely wouldn't open it.

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
Yep firmware updates fix the screen alignment issue... both gingerbread and ics

Posted Image

Smiff2

Smiff2

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Devices:Blade, U8510, G300
umm fairly sure screen on one is physically too high and left.. there is a border around bottom and right sides plus the other two missing edges.. can't see any software fix doing this, and i have have updated to current OTA.

Edited by Smiff2, 19 August 2012 - 11:15 AM.

Malthus

Malthus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
The phone will last far far longer than you want to keep it. You'd have to be incredibly rough with it for it to break from general wear and tear within the next five years at least. I have a Huawei u8160 that I've dropped onto hard floors dozens of times, left in soaking jeans, kept in pockets alongside change and keys, etc. and it doesn't even look worn, let alone starting to fall apart. The only slightly crap thing is the battery cover that will ping off if you happen to drop the phone onto a tiled floor or something, but a jelly cover cures that (as well as hiding how ugly the white version is).

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

umm fairly sure screen on one is physically too high and left.. there is a border around bottom and right sides plus the other two missing edges.. can't see any software fix doing this, and i have have updated to current OTA.

The fault was high only so it does sound like yours is something else. The OTA updates fix it too.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users