• Please log in to reply
762 replies to this topic

Avon

Avon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus
Has anyone with a genuine USA bank card tried using it with Google Wallet outside the USA? For example, an American going on holiday to London. Does it work?

At least then we'll know if Google's checking the location of the transaction, or the location of the card/bank account.

Edited by Avon, 18 March 2013 - 03:48 PM.

RayYung

RayYung

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:ATT Vivid, Nexus 7, HOX

Has anyone with a genuine USA bank card tried using it with Google Wallet outside the UK? For example, an American going on holiday to London. Does it work?

At least then we'll know if Google's checking the location of the transaction, or the location of the card/bank account.

I can tell you my experience,
I live in US and have US credit card on my GWallet, it's usable in US 7-eleven. When I was in Hong Kong, I tried to use the same in a HK 7-eleven, the transaction was denied. It show denied on the POS but the transaction never make to the GWallet history.

BTW, I have HOX and used the current modaco version of GWallet.

Hope this help.

Edited by RayYung, 18 March 2013 - 03:47 PM.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
I've also packaged my various xposed mods (with more to come) in a paid app on the Play Store. You can of course download them individually for free still! :)

https://play.google.....xposed.toolkit

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

-fakker-

-fakker-

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@noobhands
I've got Google Wallet now enabled, and it can see my UK debit card that was already pre-entered as it used my Checkout/Wallet online details, however I've been declined everywhere (McDonalds, Subway) - not authorised. Anyone else getting this? I guess because we're not meant to be using it...?

Avon

Avon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

I've got Google Wallet now enabled, and it can see my UK debit card that was already pre-entered as it used my Checkout/Wallet online details, however I've been declined everywhere (McDonalds, Subway) - not authorised. Anyone else getting this? I guess because we're not meant to be using it...?

It doesn't work outside the USA, and hasn't done for about half a year now. There's currently no way to get payments to work unless you're in the USA.

RayYung

RayYung

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Paul,

Does this include the Wallet or it only patch if I have Wallet already?
I don't see Wallet on my HOX after I installed Xposed and this apk.

The reason I am asking coz I can't get Wallet from Play and I don't have the Wallet.apk....

My mistake, I just see that I need to have wallet first. I downloaded GWallet from my GNex and transferred the apk to my HOX but the wallet won't initialize. Can you help?

Thank you,

Edited by RayYung, 20 April 2013 - 06:33 AM.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts

Paul,

Does this include the Wallet or it only patch if I have Wallet already?
I don't see Wallet on my HOX after I installed Xposed and this apk.

The reason I am asking coz I can't get Wallet from Play and I don't have the Wallet.apk....

My mistake, I just see that I need to have wallet first. I downloaded GWallet from my GNex and transferred the apk to my HOX but the wallet won't initialize. Can you help?

Thank you,

You need to install the app...

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Posted Image

RayYung

RayYung

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

You need to install the app...

P

I get the wallet.apk from a GNex, install on my HOX. It open and did NOT said incompatible but the "5 minutes" waiting never finish...

HTCFan0923

HTCFan0923

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Same issue happened with me even after I installed the wallet apk with the xmod installer

codf4ther

codf4ther

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

It doesn't work outside the USA, and hasn't done for about half a year now. There's currently no way to get payments to work unless you're in the USA.

So whats the point of all this then? You get the app to install and load but it won't ever process a payment? I have seen some posts online about needing to change the credit card address to a US one. Can anyone confirm?

agriff

agriff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I've also packaged my various xposed mods (with more to come) in a paid app on the Play Store. You can of course download them individually for free still! :)

https://play.google.....xposed.toolkit

P

Paul, I'm a big fan of all your Android mods and truly appreciate all the hard work you put into it. So, please don't take this as a slam or even a demand of any sort, but you have to get that not everyone wants Xposed installed, whatever the reasons may be. Would you be willing to share how you mod the apk to make it work so we can create our own? Should you not want to share that info and being that G Wallet only seems to get updated every 3 months or so, would you mind sharing a modded apk, if you have a free moment? A Google Search does not show anyone who has successfully modded the newest G Wallet. Thanks in advance.

Avon

Avon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

So whats the point of all this then? You get the app to install and load but it won't ever process a payment? I have seen some posts online about needing to change the credit card address to a US one. Can anyone confirm?

Exactly, there is no point. Changing your address to a US one will still have the transaction declined, and you'll then also probably get a call from your bank's fraud prevention department.

The only use of this modification is for people in the USA on unsupported phones. You cannot use Google Wallet outside of the USA; this should be made clearer in the first page.

HTCFan0923

HTCFan0923

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Redid the steps on a different ROM and I still have the issue of Wallet closing after the 5 minute set up screen. Paul, is this the fact that I have a AT&T HTC One and the security files have been removed yet again?

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
I never got it working on my One as yet...

P

Posted Image

HTCFan0923

HTCFan0923

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Ah ok. Now I'm curious as to the problem if your international One isn't able to use it either.

7500usr

7500usr

Regular

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One

I never got it working on my One as yet...

P

Paul, long time no talk, been working on getting this running on my One as well with no luck...hangs during setup..

Ron Giordano

Ron Giordano

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:evo lte
I am getting the same issue. Stuck on setting up wallet, this may take up to 5 minutes. Ive tried multiple roms, WIFI, 3g, 4g and in areas across 40 miles as I travel. Nothing helps. Any ideas?

7500usr

7500usr

Regular

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
what carrier do you run Ron?

Ron Giordano

Ron Giordano

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:evo lte

what carrier do you run Ron?

Sprint. The issue started about 3-4 weeks ago. I've tried everything I can think of, even went back to a sense rom from CM10.1 but the issue remains. Ive tried using the hacked wallet apps to remove the checks, using the method here, even went as far as doing the old workarounds with the build prop edits.

7500usr

7500usr

Regular

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
I have tried everything too. Still working on it. Will let you know if I get it working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users