The case for the S3

Guest Webreaper

Guest Webreaper

So, as people are starting to receive their S3s, what's the case of choice for it?

I've had my N1 safely ensconced in a Case-Mate Tough which has served it well (particularly after my uncased Nexus ended up with two smashed screens from being dropped). However, with the S3 having Gorilla glass, I'm thinking about a more svelt cover that will keep the slim form-factor whilst giving it some protection.

Case-mate are hinting at some nice covers here: http://www.case-mate.com/Samsung-Galaxy-S-III-Cases/Samsung-Galaxy-S-III-Cases.asp

But there's probably other options that'll appear over the next 2-3 weeks. So what cases are people looking at getting? What looks good, fits well and protects the S3?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Webreaper

I've decided not to keep this bumper - going to get a case-mate tough... It's too slippery for me, I know I'll drop it!

Edited by Webreaper

• 3 weeks later...
Guest shanky887614

I've decided not to keep this bumper - going to get a case-mate tough... It's too slippery for me, I know I'll drop it!

ive just orderd a cheap £3 case

will grab the otterbox defender when it ships towards the end of the month

• 4 months later...
I didn't want a case, because I though it'd ruin the feel of the phone and make unnecessarily bigger,

So I bought http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy-i9300-Neoprene-Shocksock/dp/B007V3BQ70/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1338536850&sr=1-1 just for when its in my pocket or lying around

Does it fit well? A few of the Amazon reviews say that it's too small.

Guest subzer0wbb

Does it fit well? A few of the Amazon reviews say that it's too small.

I find that it fits fine, the tab does need a bit of a pull, but I don't think its that big a problem.

I have stopped using the pouch now, I bought a bunch of cheap cases on ebay (all less than 50p) and change my case every few days XD

Guest Christian Edwards

I have the Samsung thin case which comes in a twin pack. I dropped it and the corner of the case broke but protected the phone. Sadly the next drop on the same corner cracked the screen.

Gorilla glass isn't magic.

I still recommend the offical Samsung thin cases but change them if they get damaged.

I also have an otterbbox which is great but does make the phone rather bulky.