• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

andmarti

andmarti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
I'm having problems with low voice volume of incoming calls, caller hears me perfectly but I did not hear it!

If I activate the hands-free option we both heard correctly!

Phone ROM is B927.

In this thread there is an interim solution for Gingerbread via the "hidden" menu, but this setting "Dual Mic" is not available in ICS.

Any news about this issue?

&marti

lobespear

lobespear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:G300
i am having the original problem, i.e. i can hear the caller but they cannot hear me. i'm on B892 vodafone. are there any customs ROMs that might fix this issue?

Titas

Titas

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Devices:Moto g
I have this problem too. Went from B892 to Pauls Gr2 but people struggle to hear me unless I have phone on "speaker". The consensus of opinion is that it's a software issue but I don't understand why some seem to have the problem while others don't.

&marti reports above that the issue remained after flashing B927 but I believe I read someone else said the problem was fixed by flashing B927 (or possibly B926).

Does anyone have any more info on cause or solution?

Edited by Titas, 03 August 2012 - 07:04 PM.

andmarti

andmarti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
There are two different problems:

- Original: I can hear the caller but they cannot hear me (mic issue).

- New (mine): Caller hears me perfectly but I did not hear it (front speaker issue)

Related to the original problem, to permanently set "Dual Mic" option, try the following:

Edit the file "/system/build.prop", root is needed, change or add the following line:

ro.config.dualmic=false

My issue, I'm thinking it's a hardware problem. Before downgrade to be sure, does anyone know an application to test the front speaker?

&marti

Titas

Titas

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
Thanks; sorry misread your post. Pindun14's solution seemed to work OK but was only temp so this could fix it. Cheers!

Edited by Titas, 04 August 2012 - 11:31 AM.

steveg271

steveg271

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:huwai ascend g300
I have this problem too (very low microphone sensitivity during calls), with a phone that is a couple of weeks old I've just bought on ebay.

I 'fixed' it with the config change above turning dual mic off.

I wonder if this only occurs on rooted phones? In this case I doubt Huwai would be bothered with fixing it?

Steve

Edited by steveg271, 05 August 2012 - 10:38 AM.

andmarti

andmarti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Finally, my issue is a hardware problem, specifically the in-call ear speaker.

I downgrade the phone to B882, and I still not hear the person is calling me. :(

I'll send for service...

&marti

lobespear

lobespear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

I wonder if this only occurs on rooted phones? In this case I doubt Huwai would be bothered with fixing it?

Steve

no this problem is nothing to do with rooting (i'm not rooted) so huawei should definitely try to fix it!

Titas

Titas

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
Hmmm - very strange. I edited file as suggested (with ES File Explorer) & saved. Re-booted & checked change was still there. Also "engineers menu" no longer shows dual mic option. However, fix doesn't seem to have worked - people still say I am very quiet except when on speaker.

I don't understand why this doesn't affect everyone on the ROM(s), or maybe it does? Will probably just wait for official UK ICS in the hope that the problem is fixed or, if it starts to annoy me too much, maybe Tillaz's B927 based Infusion though I'm not sure if that fixes this issue.

droiddruid

droiddruid

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
@Titus are you rebooting with fastboot enabled or disabled? Just a thought.

Titas

Titas

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
Fast boot is enabled. I thought it only should be disabled for flashing ROM's?

droiddruid

droiddruid

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Then a reboot isnt a true, full reboot with fastboot selected. If you edit your build.prop dont expect any changes to be realised with fastboot selected.

maxmaximmax

maxmaximmax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend g300
Can not find the file "/ system / build.prop". Where is it? The phone is rooted.

Still can not find the folder / system / build.prop. Look at the screenshots of my Local folder and SD

Attached Files

Edited by maxmaximmax, 06 August 2012 - 11:06 AM.

droiddruid

droiddruid

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Its there, look *points*

It is only ever located @ /system/build.prop

How are you trying to find it?

lobespear

lobespear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
let's make vodafone aware of this issue, if you bought your g300 on vodafone uk PAYG, please add your experience of this issue to this vodafone forum thread:

http://forum.vodafon...ls/td-p/1220428

Titas

Titas

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Then a reboot isnt a true, full reboot with fastboot selected. If you edit your build.prop dont expect any changes to be realised with fastboot selected.

Thanks but as I said I checked afterwards & the change was saved. However, just to be sure, I have since turned off fastboot & re-edited (this time with ROM Toolbox) & re-booted but I still cannot be heard unless on speaker.

Can not find the file "/ system / build.prop". Where is it? The phone is rooted.

Maybe you're veiwing SDcard? Try going up a level. I found it easier to locate with ROM Toolbox, root explorer

let's make vodafone aware of this issue, if you bought your g300 on vodafone uk PAYG, please add your experience of this issue to this vodafone forum thread:

http://forum.vodafon...ls/td-p/1220428

Seems like a vodafone number is needed to log in & I binned mine.

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1, Moto G, G300
  • Twitter:@tcpaulh

Seems like a vodafone number is needed to log in & I binned mine.

Use the login lower down (for the forums). No vodafone number required.

How To Provide Error Logs

There's a problem on KitKat with text wrap / reflow not working. Issue raised here. Please Star and Reply if you think it's a stupid regression

Titas

Titas

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Use the login lower down (for the forums). No vodafone number required.

Thanks - still took a while to find - hadn't scrolled down page far enough! Anyway, I've added my bit & I hope others will do the same.

Btw maxmaximmax - maybe I'm not the best to advise on finding things lol but.......just a thought; is your file explorer enabled at root level?

Btw

maxmaximmax

maxmaximmax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend g300
Thx. I found the file build.prop with ROM Toolbox, but for me fix does not seem to have worked 2!

Geoff2

Geoff2

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade; Huawei Asend G300
I'm also having the same problem - when I speak to someone on the phone, they hear my voice fading in and out. (I am using ICS B926.) I have edited the /system/build.prop file as Andmarti suggested above, but this has not improved it. If I talk on loudspeaker, I can be heard fine.

I wonder whether this affects all G300s? These days, people mainly communicate by text, so many G300 owners may not yet have realised there is a problem with their mic. I wonder whether there is any point in trying to get an exchange phone or if that will have the same problem... The fact that it is an intermittent problem and that it seems to affect so many handsets, suggests that it is a software fault, in which case returning the phone won't help - I'd just need to find which ROM or baseband eliminates the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users