Low mic volume during phonecall

Guest Pidun14

Guest steveg271

I have this problem too (very low microphone sensitivity during calls), with a phone that is a couple of weeks old I've just bought on ebay.

I 'fixed' it with the config change above turning dual mic off.

I wonder if this only occurs on rooted phones? In this case I doubt Huwai would be bothered with fixing it?

Steve

Edited by steveg271

Finally, my issue is a hardware problem, specifically the in-call ear speaker.

I downgrade the phone to B882, and I still not hear the person is calling me. :(

I'll send for service...

&marti

Guest lobespear

I wonder if this only occurs on rooted phones? In this case I doubt Huwai would be bothered with fixing it?

Steve

no this problem is nothing to do with rooting (i'm not rooted) so huawei should definitely try to fix it!

Guest Titas

Hmmm - very strange. I edited file as suggested (with ES File Explorer) & saved. Re-booted & checked change was still there. Also "engineers menu" no longer shows dual mic option. However, fix doesn't seem to have worked - people still say I am very quiet except when on speaker.

I don't understand why this doesn't affect everyone on the ROM(s), or maybe it does? Will probably just wait for official UK ICS in the hope that the problem is fixed or, if it starts to annoy me too much, maybe Tillaz's B927 based Infusion though I'm not sure if that fixes this issue.

Guest droiddruid

Then a reboot isnt a true, full reboot with fastboot selected. If you edit your build.prop dont expect any changes to be realised with fastboot selected.

Guest maxmaximmax

Can not find the file "/ system / build.prop". Where is it? The phone is rooted.

Still can not find the folder / system / build.prop. Look at the screenshots of my Local folder and SD

post-981979-0-88763600-1344251178_thumb.

post-981979-0-82454800-1344251180_thumb.

post-981979-0-33125900-1344251182_thumb.

post-981979-0-25690200-1344251184_thumb.

post-981979-0-55360000-1344251186_thumb.

post-981979-0-58245900-1344251188_thumb.

post-981979-0-42225100-1344251190_thumb.

post-981979-0-96047700-1344251191_thumb.

Edited by maxmaximmax

Guest Titas

Then a reboot isnt a true, full reboot with fastboot selected. If you edit your build.prop dont expect any changes to be realised with fastboot selected.

Thanks but as I said I checked afterwards & the change was saved. However, just to be sure, I have since turned off fastboot & re-edited (this time with ROM Toolbox) & re-booted but I still cannot be heard unless on speaker.

Can not find the file "/ system / build.prop". Where is it? The phone is rooted.

Maybe you're veiwing SDcard? Try going up a level. I found it easier to locate with ROM Toolbox, root explorer

let's make vodafone aware of this issue, if you bought your g300 on vodafone uk PAYG, please add your experience of this issue to this vodafone forum thread:

http://forum.vodafon...ls/td-p/1220428

Seems like a vodafone number is needed to log in & I binned mine.

Guest tcpaulh
Seems like a vodafone number is needed to log in & I binned mine.

Use the login lower down (for the forums). No vodafone number required.

Guest Titas

Use the login lower down (for the forums). No vodafone number required.

Thanks - still took a while to find - hadn't scrolled down page far enough! Anyway, I've added my bit & I hope others will do the same.

Btw maxmaximmax - maybe I'm not the best to advise on finding things lol but.......just a thought; is your file explorer enabled at root level?

Btw

Guest Geoff2

I'm also having the same problem - when I speak to someone on the phone, they hear my voice fading in and out. (I am using ICS B926.) I have edited the /system/build.prop file as Andmarti suggested above, but this has not improved it. If I talk on loudspeaker, I can be heard fine.

I wonder whether this affects all G300s? These days, people mainly communicate by text, so many G300 owners may not yet have realised there is a problem with their mic. I wonder whether there is any point in trying to get an exchange phone or if that will have the same problem... The fact that it is an intermittent problem and that it seems to affect so many handsets, suggests that it is a software fault, in which case returning the phone won't help - I'd just need to find which ROM or baseband eliminates the problem.

Guest godsakes

I can confirm i also have the low mic problem (people find it hard to hear me), i take it there's no apps which can adjust it's setting?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest easterhase

Hi, is there anything new on this issue?

I think somehow this fault is device-specific. I returned my first G300 because I had the "random factory resets"-problem and got a replacement. The replacement has the "low mic during calls" issue, the original one did not!

Is there nothing else I can do to solve this apart from calling via speaker?

Hi, is there anything new on this issue?

I think somehow this fault is device-specific. I returned my first G300 because I had the "random factory resets"-problem and got a replacement. The replacement has the "low mic during calls" issue, the original one did not!

Is there nothing else I can do to solve this apart from calling via speaker?

You can try editing the build prop file as suggested earlier in the thread but this does not seem to have worked for most people. It does appear to be "device specific" & you have been unlucky - unfortunately the only solution seems to get the phone replaced again! Better luck next time!

Guest easterhase

Thanks for the answer. I am on B927 and adding the line in the build prop file did not work for me :-(.

Bloody hell. OK, I guess I have to go the the local Vodafone store again.

Guest MickJack

Related to the original problem, to permanently set "Dual Mic" option, try the following:

Edit the file "/system/build.prop", root is needed, change or add the following line:

ro.config.dualmic=false[/CODE]

I have just looked at "/system/build.prop" and cannot find a line "ro.config.dualmic" . can I just add this line anywhere into the build prop file and reboot the phone ?

I am on 927 as above

Edited by MickJack

I have just looked at "/system/build.prop" and cannot find a line "ro.config.dualmic" . can I just add this line anywhere into the build prop file and reboot the phone ?

I am on 927 as above

Yes, but I doubt it will work!

I may also be suffering from this!

Does it only effect calls? Skype? Regular microphone recording?

I couldn't reproduce with a voice recorder, but thought I had a couple of sound drops in Skype (could be skype network though). Using stock GB (B892)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest easterhase

Just for info: My 3rd G300's mic now is perfectly loud again, other people can hear me alright (like my 1st G300...).

So it really differs from phone to phone. ROM version seems not to have any effect on this.

Guest Chris Banks

Just for info: My 3rd G300's mic now is perfectly loud again, other people can hear me alright (like my 1st G300...).

So it really differs from phone to phone. ROM version seems not to have any effect on this.

Had you returned it to get a new one? If so how long did it all take?