Removing the back and putting in a microSD - video!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

So, obviously, the first thing you do with a brand new device is to remove the non-removable back and have a poke around inside right?

That's what I did, and found the microSD slot. Sadly the OS isn't picking it up yet, but when we have root hopefully we can make progress in that regard. :D

P

Guest hugobosslives

have you tried another card?

back in the original blade it would just not accept a number of microsd cards. but most would work fine....

Guest Simon O

It looks like a last minute decision to remove the microSD slot but the boards were already made up with the slot. Might not even be connected up.

Guest richardw1992

Is that battery removable? It looks like it is a pretty standard slot in concept, but just curious if it is held down in anyway or has any weird ribbons connecting it to the phone?

Needless; the fact you have to unscrew the back cover could make development a pain when you think about all those times you have had to 'pull' the battery due to boot loops or crashes of some sort..

• 7 months later...
Guest BlueMoonRising

any tips for getting the back off im really struggling

I believe you pull the SIM holder out and use your thumb nail to gently prise of the back.

Guest topcat07

I believe you pull the SIM holder out and use your thumb nail to gently prise of the back.

is it hard to get of don't want to put too much pressure and snap the back..

got the whole side off opposite the memory sim card but stuck at the headphone jack :mellow:

Guest DaveSimonH

After a couple of failed attempts, I got the back off by starting at the headphone jack. Couldn't start at the sim slot, felt like I was damaging it.