First Impressions

Guest andburg

Guest andburg

Picked up my San Diego this week, though I'd list a few first impressions:

• Sim card tray mech very poor, didn't eject far enough to grab, really flimsy feeling
  • Screen is very good
  • Much lighter than imagined

In use its pretty good, coming from an xperia x10 mini pro, its taking some time to get used to the touchscreen keyboard but imn getting there, Camera is good for the pricepoint and being a bit of a photographer I like the amount of control you get for a phone snapper.

Bundled apps seem pretty useful, and battery life seems ok, a days full use down with wifi on and I'm still well over 50% battery, this never used to happen!

my biggest gripes is there is no message indicator LED! Sat in the office, phone on silent, I have to keep waking the phone up, really miss this feature of my xperia!

Root is not essential for me, but I'd like to be able to get keep up to date with android custom builds rather than having to rely on network operator updates!

Hi All, I'm Andy btw

Guest captainkremmen

Picked up my San Diego this week, though I'd list a few first impressions:

• Sim card tray mech very poor, didn't eject far enough to grab, really flimsy feeling
  • Screen is very good
  • Much lighter than imagined

In use its pretty good, coming from an xperia x10 mini pro, its taking some time to get used to the touchscreen keyboard but imn getting there, Camera is good for the pricepoint and being a bit of a photographer I like the amount of control you get for a phone snapper.

Bundled apps seem pretty useful, and battery life seems ok, a days full use down with wifi on and I'm still well over 50% battery, this never used to happen!

my biggest gripes is there is no message indicator LED! Sat in the office, phone on silent, I have to keep waking the phone up, really miss this feature of my xperia!

Root is not essential for me, but I'd like to be able to get keep up to date with android custom builds rather than having to rely on network operator updates!

Hi All, I'm Andy btw

One option might be to take a look at some of the small apps on Google Play that can light up the screen for a few seconds when a text message is received. Might be a half decent compromise.

Guest GlenH

Try vibration notifier from the market. It can repeatedly remind you of missed notifications until you turn the screen on, iOS style. Doesn't need root and seems to have no impact on battery life as far as I can tell.