[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

not able to TPT... i did everything till verifying nandoid md5..

I press and hold menu keys+vol up + power button.... but its booting normally..

Thought all gen 2 Blade/Xcd35 had 220 system :\

Guest Hack3rr

Same problem with TPT(not the first time m doing TPT). I press and hold the volume key up + menu + power. just boots normally. nothing happens. @De@n. dude we want 315mb :)

Guest KonstaT

lol, I so knew that this was going to be the new 'how to do a TPT' thread. :D

Like said in the first post, this ROM is for advanced users only. You should have some basic knowledge on how to flash a ROMs/what is the flash order, how to use a TPT/what type of TPTs you can use in your device.

This should have been in the second post and is now added there. "This will only work in phones that were sold with gen1 layout and/or updated to gen2 via TPT method. This TPT won't work if your phone was sold gen2/gen3 or you have used a windows tool to update."

Guest tilal6991

lol, I so knew that this was going to be the new 'how to do a TPT' thread. :D

Like said in the first post, this ROM is for advanced users only. You should have some basic knowledge on how to flash a ROMs/what is the flash order, how to use a TPT/what type of TPTs you can use in your device.

This should have been in the second post and is now added there. "This will only work in phones that were sold with gen1 layout and/or updated to gen2 via TPT method. This TPT won't work if your phone was sold gen2/gen3 or you have used a windows tool to update."

Unfortunately KonstaT, no matter how much you try to tell people it is for advanced users people doesn't seem to listen :P

Guest KonstaT

For GEN3 you'll need to install the moldova patch to make it work, you should probably mention that.

If you/someone else with gen3 device can confirm that everything (mobile signal, mobile data, gps mainly) works with the gen3 patch, I might add it to the first post. I can't test this myself.

Guest Hack3rr

lol, I so knew that this was going to be the new 'how to do a TPT' thread.

Then can u please give a link for users with Stock GEN2??? Please?

EDIT: I found a TPT on the forum. I guess what u have written in the first post is wrong(may be I dont know) (138mb /system, 316mb /data, 2mb /cache) cant be done 441mb is max urs is 456mb. So does that mean it should have been (128mb /system, 311mb data, 2mb /cache)?

Edited by Hack3rr

Guest KonstaT

Then can u please give a link for users with Stock GEN2??? Please?

EDIT: I found a TPT on the forum. I guess what u have written in the first post is wrong(may be I dont know) (138mb /system, 316mb /data, 2mb /cache) cant be done 441mb is max urs is 456mb. So does that mean it should have been (128mb /system, 311mb data, 2mb /cache)?

TPT Helper from the play shop or ZTE Blade TPT's.

Information about partition sizes in the second post is correct. In G2 TPTs (image.bin) you have less space to use. Minimum of 138mb /system partition is required.

Guest HumaDroid

Lol.. Sorry for asking TPT question here. I did TPT with TPT helper. Awesome ROM! ! Very smooth and fast, thanks KonstaT....

Guest Hack3rr

First I tried the 128mb partition from TPT's for ZTE blade. got a green android in the middle and suddenly felt like my heartbeat stopped. For every second till I got it working I cursed my self. M never using TPT again in my life period.

But thanks to the guy who made the DE-bricking tut's :)

BTW this rom is SICK and SLEEK! Good work!

Guest avkov

Hi, KonstaT! Thanks for great rom! But if it's not too hard maybe you could make center clock mod for it? I think many people would like it.

Thanks in advance! You're the best blade dev))

PS and maybe circle battery mod. I loved them on SS

Edited by avkov

Guest crankykick

Upgraded from SS to this and certainly not dissappointed, thank you for your time and effort congrats on yet another great rom :)

Guest matcho13579

KonstaT, could you write a date of your last release into a title of the topic? you know, if someone looks at the title and he knows if there is a new build or not :)

With the new fingerprint (N880E) Pro Zombie Soccer is show as not compatible with our devices (previusly it was. I bought it during the "becausewemay" deals). Is there any way I can restore the original ZTE Blade fingerprint?

Hi KonstaT,

Many thanks for what seems to be the most stable ICS rom available for now! ;)

Been running it since yesterday evening, played with the settings for a few hours to make it look my way and no bug nor slowdown identified.

Congrats for the good job and thanks again!

Now the question is: I got quite used to AOKP's numerous settings since I flashed Burstlam's AOKP, so will I be able to get back to CM9's more simple settings...? :D

Guest KonstaT

Hi, KonstaT! Thanks for great rom! But if it's not too hard maybe you could make center clock mod for it? I think many people would like it.

Thanks in advance! You're the best blade dev))

PS and maybe circle battery mod. I loved them on SS

It would be quite simple to do a center clock mod as a separate add-on. I would rather have it as a setting under Settings -> System -> Status bar. I'm sure that someone will eventually add this feature to CM9, so I'm not going to waste my time/energy on it.

KonstaT, could you write a date of your last release into a title of the topic? you know, if someone looks at the title and he knows if there is a new build or not

Done.

With the new fingerprint (N880E) Pro Zombie Soccer is show as not compatible with our devices (previusly it was. I bought it during the "becausewemay" deals). Is there any way I can restore the original ZTE Blade fingerprint?

There is no such thing as ZTE Blade fingerprint, because there is no official ICS for Blade. ;) CM9 for Blade normally has a market fingerprint from Nexus S, I used it from N880E because it's at least a ZTE device.

It's in the build.prop. Change lines ro.build.description and ro.build.fingerprint.

Guest BadMan PimpY

How do I put this Rom on my phone......(dont cuss me please, I'm a bit confused about how to do this) :wacko:

I Have Swedish snow RL7 on my phone.

Phone Specs:

TPT upgraded Gen2

Current Partition Size

System:215mb

Data:203mb

Cache:37mb

1-Do I flash the same way as I put Swedish Snow..?

Do I wipe Data,factory and Dalvik?

OR

2-Do I have to use a TPT method, if I do have use TPT, which one should use..?

3-Do I have to do anything to my SD card..?

Any help would be welcomed :)

Guest matt4321

How do I put this Rom on my phone......(dont cuss me please, I'm a bit confused about how to do this)

I Have Swedish snow RL7 on my phone.

Phone Specs:

TPT upgraded Gen2

Current Partition Size

System:215mb

Data:203mb

Cache:37mb

1-Do I flash the same way as I put Swedish Snow..?

Do I wipe Data,factory and Dalvik?

OR

2-Do I have to use a TPT method, if I do have use TPT, which one should use..?

3-Do I have to do anything to my SD card..?

Any help would be welcomed

You won't need to TPT as your system partition is by far large enough!

I would recommend doing a nandroid backup and then you just need to wipe data/factory reset (I also format /system but I don't think it's required) and then flash the zip file as normal like you did with SS

Edited by matt4321

Guest BadMan PimpY

(I also format /system but I don't think it's required) and then flash the zip file as normal like you did with SS

Cheers Matt for the quick reply and help

How would I format/system....?

Guest sej7278

2mb is fine. Play won't even use the cache if it is that small. And I think it was sej who was having trouble with rom manager?

yes rommanager is the only app that has a problem with 2mb cache, i tpt'd to 4mb and seems fine now. play/market never had a problem.

Guest avkov

It would be quite simple to do a center clock mod as a separate add-on. I would rather have it as a setting under Settings -> System -> Status bar. I'm sure that someone will eventually add this feature to CM9, so I'm not going to waste my time/energy on it.

Oh that's a pity(( But in order I want to do it myself. Is systemui/layout/status_bar.xml the only file I need to edit??

Guest vNa5h

No, I increased it for a reason. It shouldn't be used anyway unless you're using it to kill some misbehaving app. Use the ICS multi-tasking view to close unneeded apps.

There is a patch in the gerrit that will make the delay even longer than it is here.

yeah that is better

sometimes the app gets killed instead of going back