[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

Navigation DOES NOT work on this ROM. Otherwise its pretty good ROM

Hi,

Could other users confirm if Navigation does or doesn't work on this ROM ?

I'm thinking about switching from my current Swedish Snow RLS7 to this ROM, but I'm using Navigation everyday.

I could see quite some posts from people telling navigation doesn't work, but don't see this listed in the "known issues" on the first page !

Any chance that this would get better using CyanogenMod 10 (even if it's still listed as DEV, seems to be pretty stable).

Thanks

Guest Rainer Hohn

Navigation works just fine for me

As already mentioned, I do have occasional problems with mobile data, so in this case Navigation obviously also wouldn't work, but besides that I didn't have any problems

Guest dreis911

You're right about everything else, but that isn't the right device either.

Sorry 'bout that Konsta. But since the topic is "Balde 2" I thought that was it! Sorry again.

Navigation DOES NOT work on this ROM. Otherwise its pretty good ROM

Hi,

I'm thinking about switching from my current Swedish Snow RLS7 to this ROM, but I'm using Navigation everyday.

I could see quite some posts from people telling navigation doesn't work, but don't see this listed in the "known issues" on the first page !

Any chance that this would get better using CyanogenMod 10 (even if it's still listed as DEV, seems to be pretty stable).

Thanks

I don't usually use Google Navigation, but, for you guys I tried it and I even installed TTS ('cause I hadn't) and everything worked fine.

If you plan to install this ROM, I advise you to Download the latest ROM, BUT, read this topic from the beginning (that's where the secret lies).

I've been at SS7 and this is far better (except for the FM radio).

Edited by dreis911

Guest cowscrubber

I was reluctant to upgrade to ICS because HQ Youtube was a crucial feature for me. I finally decided to upgrade after seeing that LQ Youtube wasn't too bad on the Blade's screen.

I'd really love it if you can find a way to get FM radio working.

Thanks for this rom!

I was reluctant to upgrade to ICS because HQ Youtube was a crucial feature for me. I finally decided to upgrade after seeing that LQ Youtube wasn't too bad on the Blade's screen.

I'd really love it if you can find a way to get FM radio working.

Thanks for this rom!

If i remember right, you can use radio with external app

Guest cowscrubber

Is it just me or does Antutu not work? When I start the benchmark, it just stays on 0%

sorry if this is an old issue

edit: never mind. I got it to work.

Edited by cowscrubber

Guest commander_keen

Although this ROM states Android 4.0.4 which has the problem fixed by google, it seems it is vulnerable to the current USSD Exploit.

http://lifehacker.co...emote-wipe-hack

Test page: http://dylanreeve.com/phone.php

Would be nice if it could be updated to have that fixed. :-)

Sidenote: the LED of the back button which is used for notificaations doesn't seem to get switched on for new Email (still using K9-Mail like on CM7) or WhatsApp messages, only SMS. Anyone who can (not) confirm that?

Edited by commander_keen

Guest KRoman47

Hi KonstaT, maybe I have repetitive question, but please can you look at the blank Gmail app? For last one or two build I have almost every time just blank white page and I have similar problem in some other apps, like in games I have just white squares instead of textures.

Next thing is auto backlight, it's too messed up now, it don't want to reduce light. And one more thing, it's last at this time, both options in volume key cursor control are the same for me, it's always up/down = right/left, exactly reverse what I want. =)

It would be great, if you can fix at least something from this issues. Trough this you are doing really great work, I appreciate it!

Thanks for the answer.

I don't usually use Google Navigation, but, for you guys I tried it and I even installed TTS ('cause I hadn't) and everything worked fine.

If you plan to install this ROM, I advise you to Download the latest ROM, BUT, read this topic from the beginning (that's where the secret lies).

I've been at SS7 and this is far better (except for the FM radio).

I can confirm navigation works fine on this ROM. I installed it and used navigation for more than 2 hours yesterday with no issue... I installed using TPT after a full wipe of my phone...

Although this ROM states Android 4.0.4 which has the problem fixed by google, it seems it is vulnerable to the current USSD Exploit.

http://lifehacker.co...emote-wipe-hack

Test page: http://dylanreeve.com/phone.php

Would be nice if it could be updated to have that fixed. :-)

Well, it isn't much of an issue here when there is no USSD codes that you could even run in the first place. More interesting would be to know if ZTE stock ROMs (or stock based ROMs with ZTE dialer) have an issue with this (you could do a factory reset with *983*57#). No one has even bothered to check. :P

Nevertheless, it's not a nice hole to have and fix seems to be already merged. I'm doing a build as we speak.

Final build. This is most likely the last CM9 build I'm going to do.

cm-9-20120929-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?frc9f6bfotd89kl

md5:cb894686be12a837a39703fb39ab6ebb

-version bump to 9.1

-Do not allow intents to initiate special char sequence handling (merged, fixes possible USSD issue)

-I/O scheduler settings (1,2)

-couple of small changes to volume key cursor control

^^^

You pulled a rabbit out of the hat there !!

Did not expect this one and so moved onto CM10 a couple of days back (and absolutely loving it :D).

Edited by eterno

Guest dreis911

I can confirm navigation works fine on this ROM. I installed it and used navigation for more than 2 hours yesterday with no issue... I installed using TPT after a full wipe of my phone...

Great! Join the club and have fun. :P

Final build. This is most likely the last CM9 build I'm going to do.

cm-9-20120929-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...frc9f6bfotd89kl

md5:cb894686be12a837a39703fb39ab6ebb

-version bump to 9.1

-Do not allow intents to initiate special char sequence handling (merged, fixes possible USSD issue)

-I/O scheduler settings (1,2)

-couple of small changes to volume key cursor control

Last time, you thought it would be the last too... :D and "surprise surprise"... Alas another release!

That's a really great job you've been doing. Thanks a lot.

Is this one, also, flash and wipe dalvik???

I love this ROM ! The only problem is that I can't use my camera, say: "Can't connect to camera"

Before I use the CM7 rom and don't work too, since the version CM 7.0.2 my camera don't work.

Can you help me ? The problem is the camera drivers, I guess