[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest uumeshh

Hi KonstaT,

Will this work well with Indian Blades with 256 Mb RAM? I have not been able to run any ICS ROMs till now on my Indian Blade.

Guest MinaItse

Is there Play-market app included in that ROM? Somehow I didn't find it in apps, nor in ROM-zip. Or does it depend on ZTE Blade version, whether it shows or not?

I didn't find in Settings selection to define, whether caller number shows or not, and some other things that were in Android 3.5 Settings. But maybe I just didn't find them.

Generally that ROM seems to work quite well.

Guest Hack3rr

Hi KonstaT,

Will this work well with Indian Blades with 256 Mb RAM? I have not been able to run any ICS ROMs till now on my Indian Blade.

It will work but it will be TOO slow, random restarts FC etc etc. I dont think ICS will work on 256mb ram even in the future!

Is there Play-market app included in that ROM? Somehow I didn't find it in apps, nor in ROM-zip. Or does it depend on ZTE Blade version, whether it shows or not?

I didn't find in Settings selection to define, whether caller number shows or not, and some other things that were in Android 3.5 Settings. But maybe I just didn't find them.

You have to flash the Google apps medium signed.zip to get the play store!

In general I have a question. Is it just me or for everyone else the volume of the music player and ringtone + notification drop to 50% after a call? or after sometime automatically? Is der a fix for this? Used to happen on the Remix as well as CFX. Dint happen on MIUI and RLS7.

Guest The Guvnor

Awesome KonstaT. I been waiting for your 4.0.4 ROM. And well worth the wait. Installed as soon as I see this about an 2 hour's ago. Update all gone smooth, so far, no issues at all. Keep up the great work dude. Very very much appreciated.

Guest Borromini

First off, thank you for this build. I have been running CM7.1 on my Blade for quite a while. Decided to test out a few ICS ROMs for it - and I liked yours best.

There is one issue I've been having that does not seem to be documented though, so I thought I'd check: when I make calls (doesn't matter incoming or outgoing), it seems the conversation volume is maxed out and I am unable to change it. I will get the volume overlay, and it reacts to my pressing the + or - button, but the actual volume does not change. Is this a known issue?

Guest The Guvnor

In-call volume Is all ok for me. Have just checked....3 times.

+/- work as they should, volume increase and decrease.

Edited by The Guvnor

Guest Hack3rr

In-call volume Is all ok for me. Have just checked....3 times.

+/- work as they should, volume increase and decrease.

What about music volume? and ringtone volume? For me they come back to 60 or 50% from 100% after I get a call!

+ I would like the dev to put the brightness slider in the notification area!

Guest Josef Prusa

No need to flash anything. Just install S2E from the play shop. If the options are greyed out on the first time, go to S2E settings and tick 'Mount as ext4' and reboot. Tick the Applications and Private apps boxes, reboot and never worry about it again. This way a2sd script is stored where it's supposed to be (/data/local/userinit.d) and it's preserved during ROM updates. That worked for me at least, don't know how link2sd would work.

Also there is no reason to include ad-free hosts file in this ROM. If someone wants to block ads, just install ad-free from the play shop and let it install the hosts file (you can even uninstall the app after that if you want). Hosts file is also backed up and preserved during ROM updates so you don't have to do it again after every update.

Hi Konsta!

This ROM looks fantastic! Just one problem, though.When I install S2E and mount SD-EXT as EXT4, the phone won't boot again - it gets stuck on the CM9 splash. Once I do a full wipe it boots again. Any idea what is the problem here? (I have got two Blades and both behave the same).

Edited by Josef Prusa

Guest KonstaT

Oh that's a pity(( But in order I want to do it myself. Is systemui/layout/status_bar.xml the only file I need to edit??

Yep.

Basketball shot FCs for me

Take a logcat and send it to the Basketball shot developer.

Did you install the gapps? What is your system partition size? Play shop has a separate icon in the up-right corner of the trebuchet launcher's apps view.

Phone (dialer screen) -> MENU -> Settings -> Additional settings -> Caller ID

What about music volume? and ringtone volume? For me they come back to 60 or 50% from 100% after I get a call!

+ I would like the dev to put the brightness slider in the notification area!

Yeah, I've noticed something similar. Like you said it yourself, all ICS ROMs have this issue so it's clearly an upstream CM9 issue.

You can slide your finger on closed status bar to adjust brightness (Settings -> System -> Status bar -> Brightness control).

Hi Konsta!

This ROM looks fantastic! Just one problem, though.When I install S2E and mount SD-EXT as EXT4, the phone won't boot again - it gets stuck on the CM9 splash. Once I do a full wipe it boots again. Any idea what is the problem here? (I have got two Blades and both behave the same).

Hmm, it worked for me. I still have it ticked and looking at 'mount' in terminal shows that it really is mounted as EXT4. Would simply formatting the sd-ext (under mounts & storage) with the latest ClockWorkMod 5.5.0.4 do the trick?

Guest KonstaT

I'm looking for a volunteer. Someone who knows what do if things go wrong and knows how to check partition sizes. There is some risk involved in this so I really need a truly advanced user this time. ;)

I made a TPT for gen2 devices (image.bin). I'm 99% sure it'll work but I can't test this myself.

TPT for optimised partition layout:

This will only work in european phones that were sold with gen2 layout or if you have used a windows tool to update.

-repartitions internal storage (138mb /system, 301mb /data, 2mb /cache)

-installs ClockWorkMod 5.5.0.4

-installs CM9-Cid splash image

G2-TPT-KonstaKANG.zip

http://www.mediafire...6c8b5dz4l0fn2gu

md5:6b4f47c4c3784d1018a3d4daef0a7f98

I'm looking for a volunteer. Someone who knows what do if things go wrong and knows how to check partition sizes. There is some risk involved in this so I really need a truly advanced user this time.

I made a TPT for gen2 devices (image.bin). I'm 99% sure it'll work but I can't test this myself.

This will only work in european phones that were sold with gen2 layout or if you have used a windows tool to update.

G2-TPT-KonstaKANG.zip

I can test it for you. :) Just give me about an hour(I'm going to do a nandroid backup first).

Edit: Spash image and CWM seems to work. Restoring rom now...

Edited by oia

I'm looking for a volunteer. Someone who knows what do if things go wrong and knows how to check partition sizes. There is some risk involved in this so I really need a truly advanced user this time.

G2-TPT-KonstaKANG.zip

Everyhing seems to be working :) Partition sizes are correct.

Edit: Yep everything works :) Thanks for making this TPT, my data partition feels huge now(I was using the G2-stock TPT) :)

Edited by oia

Guest KonstaT

Everyhing seems to be working Partition sizes are correct.

Edit: Yep everything works Thanks for making this TPT, my data partition feels huge now(I was using the G2-stock TPT)

Thanks for testing. :) I added this to the second post now. Also a new build coming in a bit.

Guest KonstaT

New build up.

cm-9-20120617-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...6g8j395yyb73n39

md5:fd4607f354f3e20d281b4e8afd12f1ef

Nothing much going on in the CM9 upstream at the moment. Linaro patch that broke foursquare, instagram, etc should be fixed now. Repo synced of course.

-added forum link to Settings -> About device

-added partition info under Settings -> Partition info (thanks to Squadzone)

-removed few LatinIME dictionaries (da, hr, iw, ka)

-system size with medium gapps ~131mb

New build up.

cm-9-20120617-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...6g8j395yyb73n39

md5:fd4607f354f3e20d281b4e8afd12f1ef

Nothing much going on in the CM9 upstream at the moment. Linaro patch that broke foursquare, instagram, etc should be fixed now. Repo synced of course.

-added forum link to Settings -> About device

-added partition info under Settings -> Partition info (thanks to Squadzone)

-removed few LatinIME dictionaries (da, hr, iw, ka)

-system size with medium gapps ~131mb

Will I be able to install this by only wiping dalvik cache?

Guest KonstaT

Will I be able to install this by only wiping dalvik cache?

Yes, updating from previous builds works without a wipe.

*pro tip: you don't even need to wipe the dalvik*

Yes, I will test it, too

I am back in 1-2 hours..

Yep, for me it is working, too!

Edit:

Thank you KonstaT for your work!

Maybe a changelog would be good.

post-979492-0-53424200-1339929855_thumb.

Edited by .Xam

Guest ajjjjjjjjj

(...) when I make calls (doesn't matter incoming or outgoing), it seems the conversation volume is maxed out and I am unable to change it. I will get the volume overlay, and it reacts to my pressing the + or - button, but the actual volume does not change. Is this a known issue?

Same for me.

Guest Josef Prusa

Yep.

Take a logcat and send it to the Basketball shot developer.

Did you install the gapps? What is your system partition size? Play shop has a separate icon in the up-right corner of the trebuchet launcher's apps view.

Phone (dialer screen) -> MENU -> Settings -> Additional settings -> Caller ID

Yeah, I've noticed something similar. Like you said it yourself, all ICS ROMs have this issue so it's clearly an upstream CM9 issue.

You can slide your finger on closed status bar to adjust brightness (Settings -> System -> Status bar -> Brightness control).

Hmm, it worked for me. I still have it ticked and looking at 'mount' in terminal shows that it really is mounted as EXT4. Would simply formatting the sd-ext (under mounts & storage) with the latest ClockWorkMod 5.5.0.4 do the trick?

Hmm... that probably did the trick. Works now. Thanks.