camera shutter sound how to turn off

Guest gaz1969

Guest spences10

The camera_click.ogg is located system/media/audio/ui delete it from there problem solved

Oh one issue, you'll need root for that ;)

Its one of the first things I do as I hate the noise, it is illegal in some countries to do that though

Edited by spences10

Guest fradleyp

The camera_click.ogg is located system/media/ui/audio delete it from there problem solved

Oh one issue, you'll need root for that

You big tease

Guest gaz1969

Thanks for the reply,just wondering if this is common with other users or have i got a duff one? Have you got the san diego and found this problem too?

Forgive my ignorance ;)

Gaz

Guest mclassplanet

Is it really illegal to delete the camera sound?

Not in the UK but it apparently is in certain other countries (South Korea I think is one of them?), though as always there are workarounds such as using movie mode and saving still images taken from the movie playback. (Though the picture resolution will be a lot lower until much higher resolution movie capture modes are commonplace.)

Technology, it seems, is one step ahead of any so-called "protective legislation" (which is essentially useless in practice).

• 1 month later...
Guest Fixticks

Installed LG camera, choose the remove sound option. but the sound is still there on my OSD. Even tried silent mode ehehe. anyone managed to make the camera shut up?

• 1 month later...
Guest Fixticks

Managed to take silent photos.

Look for the app " cont. shooting' " in the app store its free.,

Uses continuous shooting which somehow doesnt use the shutter sound, and it's design for the sneaky among us xD