[ROM] [GB] [AtomicMod] [Any Baseband GB/ICS]

Guest tillaz

Guest Rumcajs47

1. The topic says "Any Baseband GB/ICS" im on JB-4.2.2 do i have to flash stock-ics-2030 first or can i flash this Rom + that extra zip-file directly ?

2. Do i have to flash the kernel from the Rom.zip first and then flash the Rom ?

Guest CoSmEeN

This works great and it's really good looking.

Is there a way to get rid of the "volume wake" thing? I use an app that skips songs on volume keys but only works on screen off and when i try to use it on this rom, the volume keys just wake my phone so the app is not working anymore X_X.

Also, the screen off animation is kinda laggy. What can i do to make it smoother? Or is there any way to remove it?

Edited by CoSmEeN

Guest dalyer

I've searched but can't find a flashable patch to DISABLE the volume key wake behaviour so far.

I don't know if this thread is of any use - e.g. if you could copy the relevant files from a stock GB ROM would that disable the behaviour?!?

http://www.modaco.com/topic/361605-volume-wake-on-rooted-stock-b952/

There are a couple of other threads that might give clues about how the behaviour is ENABLED which might allow you to reverse engineer how to DISABLE it.

Or somebody else might know if a flashable patch to disable it! :-)

I'm hoping to go to AtomicMod/GB soon but was wondering if there is a good (free!) swipe/gesture keyboard for GB ROMs? I like Google Keyboard but it seems to be only available for ICS or later. Or can the APK be installed on GB or would it have some API dependency that GB can't satisfy? Alternatively is there another similar swipe/gesture keyboard that anybody can suggest for GB?

Thanks a lot.

Guest dalyer

Is it possible to use Link2SD with this rom?

Looks like it judging by a search of this thread...

In this post tillaz implies that link2sd will work:

http://www.modaco.co...ost__p__2003125

and in this one somebody else says that link2int works:

http://www.modaco.co...ost__p__2112704

Certainly AtomicMod has init.d support so I presume that's the only dependency?

Hope this helps.

Edited by dalyer

Guest dalyer

Thanks. I'm a bit ashamed of not thinking of making a thread search...

No worries. Sometimes the search doesn't work well in my experience. Glad it helped.

Guest CoSmEeN

When I'll have some feee time I'll do some research.

Thanks for reply.

AtomicMod works nice. I'm using it since few days ago and I don'y have any problems. It has a bit less free ram than stock GB but it's fine like this. I uninstalled the launcher it had (I think it was GO launcher) and I'm using ADW. Also flashed stock contacts, stock music, stock gallery, huawei lockscreen.

As a keyboard, I'm using Touchpal (same version you get on stock GB).

Edited by CoSmEeN

Guest dalyer

How can i get volume wake to work again with this rom?. It stopped working when I flashed link2int.

Any use?

As usual backup before flashing this just in case! :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest flajko

Can't believe that after a lot of ICS's and JB's I'd be going back to the GB! :D

Great great great FAST ROM!!! Thanks Tillaz, never dissapoint us! :D

Guest Caskarut

Will this help? It definitely worked on my stock GB ROM.

Thanks. But the speaker volume is still quite low. The mic volume too. I am barely audible. Something is wrong. No one else experiencing these issues? I mean B888 is not the latest Gingerbread update, B895 is.

Apart from its a pleasure. Especially the battery life!

Edited by Caskarut

Guest mortmaru

Thanks. But the speaker volume is still quite low. The mic volume too. I am barely audible. Something is wrong. No one else experiencing these issues? I mean B888 is not the latest Gingerbread update, B895 is.

Apart from its a pleasure. Especially the battery life!

I have noticed the same issues as you with the volume

Guest dalyer

help me... when i update, my phone is failed...."signature verification failed" What should I do ???

Not being smart but first off do a search of the forum for that error message as there are several posts/threads about it already that might help you.

If the site search does not work well then try something like this (again not being smart by using a LMGTFY link!)

http://bit.ly/145Ir6Q

Hope this helps.

Guest dalyer

My phone cant find SIM card. please help

You mean it thinks that there's no SIM installed?

Try powering off, reseating the SIM and powering on again.

Did this just happen when moving from one ROM (which?) to AtomicMod?