flixblixclix

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Browsing
  • Devices:Dell xcd35
  • Twitter:@flixblixclix
Right now at atomic rom. What could be the right steps to upgrade steps to JB or ICS.

Be Smart, Not Hard.

rob4x4

rob4x4

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4,Tesco Hudl
I'm currently running Stock+ R6 (2030 baseband) with an officially unlocked ICS bootloader (unlock code from Huawei).

If I flash this in CWM then the 2030 baseband patch zip will it mess up the ICS bootloader?

Also is there any difference in performance when running on 2030 baseband compared to GB baseband?

Edited by rob4x4, 30 April 2013 - 03:18 PM.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

I'm currently running Stock+ R6 (2030 baseband) with an officially unlocked ICS bootloader (unlock code from Huawei).

If I flash this in CWM then the 2030 baseband patch zip will it mess up the ICS bootloader?

Also is there any difference in performance when running on 2030 baseband compared to GB baseband?

To put it plain and simple, it won't mess up anything and you shouldn't notice any performance issues whatsoever :)

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,869 posts
  • Interests:Time & Space
  • Devices:Z3 Compact

no,

i personally have no idea, but wouldn't think so

rob4x4

rob4x4

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4,Tesco Hudl
Thanks for the answers Kyan and Tillaz. I've been finding ICS and JB based ROMs a bit sluggish lately so I thought I'd give GB another go.
Cheers!

EDIT: Just wiped the caches in CWM and Stock+ is flying again. Think I'll hold off GB for a little longer yet.

Edited by rob4x4, 30 April 2013 - 05:11 PM.

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
Unlocked, wiped, reflashed, relocked. Running sweet. Nice update. Nothing major, but running beautifully.

I'm saving up for a sofa so I can sit in the other room and tweak my phone without my wife nagging... thanks!

valy17400

valy17400

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300 NFC
  • Twitter:@valy_bv
best rom for GB, excluding cm7 but that is unstable actually, GJ.

Edited by valy17400, 18 May 2013 - 06:13 PM.

Naikkon

Naikkon

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g510
  • Twitter:@Naikon9
this is GB rom or ICS ?
i got CM 10.1 and i realy whant to go back to stock GB this rom can help me ?!

if i instal atomcmod cand i go back to stock GB

Edited by Naikkon, 10 July 2013 - 01:52 PM.

Device :     Huawei Ascend G510-100

ROM:         Stock B195

Pain_Deluxe

Pain_Deluxe

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Interests:skating,hardware,cars
  • Devices:Huawei G300 [email protected]
Just use official way.

Or reset IME and flash b888 update app. (Search on forums !)

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

this is GB rom or ICS ?
i got CM 10.1 and i realy whant to go back to stock GB this rom can help me ?!

if i instal atomcmod cand i go back to stock GB

Its GB.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Naikkon

Naikkon

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g510
  • Twitter:@Naikon9
ok so if i install this rom ill go gack to stock GB ?
if i whant to put custom roms on my fresh GB i will can

Device :     Huawei Ascend G510-100

ROM:         Stock B195

kupp

kupp

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
Just to confirm this, this rom and the patch for 2030 users, it doesn't mess up the baseband right? Which means that to install an ICS rom, I can just flash it via CWM like usual without any other precautions? I already bricked two G300s while messing with GB to ICS and vice versa, which fortunately happened in the 2 weeks period I had to return the phone after purchase if something was wrong, but I've had it for 7 months now so bricking this one means buying a new one, and don't really wanna risk it.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Just to confirm this, this rom and the patch for 2030 users, it doesn't mess up the baseband right? Which means that to install an ICS rom, I can just flash it via CWM like usual without any other precautions? I already bricked two G300s while messing with GB to ICS and vice versa, which fortunately happened in the 2 weeks period I had to return the phone after purchase if something was wrong, but I've had it for 7 months now so bricking this one means buying a new one, and don't really wanna risk it.

This won't affect the baseband at all, it should be risk free.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

ok so if i install this rom ill go gack to stock GB ?
if i whant to put custom roms on my fresh GB i will can

This ROM is not stock GB, read the opening post. It is a modified version of GB with new features and performance improvements. You will be able to flash new ROMs anytime after flashing this like normal, this is like any other ROM.

kupp

kupp

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

This won't affect the baseband at all, it should be risk free.

Eh, thanks. Funny that shortly after posting this, I found those miraculous baseband upgrade/downgrade flashable CWM files so it's kinda a moot point, but I'm glad I'm running this ROM, it's butter smooth and fast! Would love to get the stock GB too...

Rumcajs47

Rumcajs47

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Xperia Neo V
1. The topic says "Any Baseband GB/ICS" im on JB-4.2.2 do i have to flash stock-ics-2030 first or can i flash this Rom + that extra zip-file directly ?
2. Do i have to flash the kernel from the Rom.zip first and then flash the Rom ?

kieranswhite

kieranswhite

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Acend g300
  • Twitter:@@kieran9969
1. Yes

2. No

aztekman

aztekman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Huge problem. I installed this ROM and i can't use the phone. It doesn't detect any networks. Please help.
Edit: I did this for GB and it works now. http://www.modaco.co...-from-recovery/

Edited by aztekman, 22 July 2013 - 12:26 PM.

CoSmEeN

CoSmEeN

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Nexus 4
This works great and it's really good looking.
Is there a way to get rid of the "volume wake" thing? I use an app that skips songs on volume keys but only works on screen off and when i try to use it on this rom, the volume keys just wake my phone so the app is not working anymore X_X.

Also, the screen off animation is kinda laggy. What can i do to make it smoother? Or is there any way to remove it?

Edited by CoSmEeN, 29 July 2013 - 04:46 PM.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,335 posts
  • Devices:Haier W910, Coolpad F1 8297W
I've searched but can't find a flashable patch to DISABLE the volume key wake behaviour so far.

I don't know if this thread is of any use - e.g. if you could copy the relevant files from a stock GB ROM would that disable the behaviour?!?

http://www.modaco.co...ted-stock-b952/

There are a couple of other threads that might give clues about how the behaviour is ENABLED which might allow you to reverse engineer how to DISABLE it.

Or somebody else might know if a flashable patch to disable it! :-)

I'm hoping to go to AtomicMod/GB soon but was wondering if there is a good (free!) swipe/gesture keyboard for GB ROMs? I like Google Keyboard but it seems to be only available for ICS or later. Or can the APK be installed on GB or would it have some API dependency that GB can't satisfy? Alternatively is there another similar swipe/gesture keyboard that anybody can suggest for GB?

Thanks a lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users